It Galz #5 It Galz, we the Split Galz, no Jenny and Lindsay gone to Tommy tit galz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously...but the fact Jenny didn't say a word until patreons started to plummet and was happy for fans to receive no update, including paying fans.
No word from either about the live shows despite many questions.
I honestly believe J was waiting for legal clarification before she spoke but L taking her name off and continuing with what would have been today’s podcast was the nail in the coffin and that’s why she said something. Also I wouldn’t use the word plummet tbh. I believe the patrons count has gone up slightly but I still think they’ve only lost 1.5k out of the monthly total since all this started, I’m genuinely shocked it’s not more 👀

Reactions: 13
I honestly believe J was waiting for legal clarification before she spoke but L taking her name off and continuing with what would have been today’s podcast was the nail in the coffin and that’s why she said something. Also I wouldn’t use the word plummet tbh. I believe the patrons count has gone up slightly but I still think they’ve only lost 1.5k out of the monthly total since all this started, I’m genuinely shocked it’s not more 👀
Ya I do think that deleting the name from the header of the business was really callous. As Jenny put it ‘looking at it from the outside’ must have been hard seeing yourself erased like that, regardless of the circumstances around the lead up to it.

Reactions: 11
I think she said update before July 1st so we have the option to unsubscribe after the update…before the month starts

Reactions: 7
Ya I do think that deleting the name from the header of the business was really callous. As Jenny put it ‘looking at it from the outside’ must have been hard seeing yourself erased like that, regardless of the circumstances around the lead up to it.
Ya it was really immature of L. I mean both of them build the podcast from scratch and L put it upon herself to think she had the right to do that 🙄 Jenny def player this brilliant so far. I still cannot believe they had this huge fight. I really thought they’d be friends forever

Reactions: 10
Ya it was really immature of L. I mean both of them build the podcast from scratch and L put it upon herself to think she had the right to do that 🙄 Jenny def player this brilliant so far. I still cannot believe they had this huge fight. I really thought they’d be friends forever
Ah I always thought they'd grow apart eventually, surprised it happened so quick

Reactions: 6
Bound to grow apart eventually once jenny married and settled and started a family, i know I couldn't deal with the chaos of lindsay once I got to a certain stage of life

Reactions: 6
Does Lindsay have any mates that are married with kids, more quiet life?
I actually think it would be Lindsay not being able to cope with Jenny having the life she really wants.
I think they've been off since Jenny got engaged.

Reactions: 26
I actually think it would be Lindsay not being able to cope with Jenny having the life she really wants.
Courtney i guess, not sure how close they really are though

Reactions: 1
The whole situation is so sad. I wonder if L can just make a new pod and call it The X Gal and to her separate way. Could solve it easily ?

Reactions: 2
Oh yeah that's sort of what I meant, not that Jenny would consciously decide "I can't be friends with her now im settling down", more so naturally they were going to drift apart and you're right, maybe Lindsay was a bit jealous and that tension got too much

Reactions: 1
Just to be clear, J wasn't lead down a stray path, she's an extremely astute business person and was mates with L prior to the pod. Prior to starting the pod they'd fallen out and didn't speak for a number of years. J knew that L being explosive is entertaining and was happy to build a career around packaging that for the consumption of others. Everyone gives J a considerable amount of sympathy here for professionally handling the situation, but consider that the product they were selling was L's life and what that means.

L's clearly a vulnerable person with a massive audience. Her life and all its ups and downs are broadcast in a very public way while J's are not. J could quietly disappear and take up another career, L's career is sharing her entire life online. She is fully locked in to doing this and will never have a normal job, even if she wanted to. Sure she didn't have the same financial difficulties other single mothers have, but she's had an extremely emotionally difficult life. She's grown up in a super strict born again cult. She was basically forced into an arranged marriage at 19 to a shithead who didn't want anything to do with his son. She was robbed of a normal adolescence and adulthood, and her own agency. Despite it all she's come out being able to make light of this and tell her story in a funny and compelling way. Sure J handled all the mechanics of running the podcast, but Itgalz is intrinsically about L's life. It's her ups and downs that's the heart of the show. So it makes sense for L to buy J out and continue it on.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just to be clear, J wasn't lead down a stray path, she's an extremely astute business person and was mates with L prior to the pod. Prior to starting the pod they'd fallen out and didn't speak for a number of years. J knew that L being explosive is entertaining and was happy to build a career around packaging that for the consumption of others. Everyone gives J a considerable amount of sympathy here for professionally handling the situation, but consider that the product they were selling was L's life and what that means.

L's clearly a vulnerable person with a massive audience. Her life and all its ups and downs are broadcast in a very public way while J's are not. J could quietly disappear and take up another career, L's career is sharing her entire life online. She is fully locked in to doing this and will never have a normal job, even if she wanted to. Sure she didn't have the same financial difficulties other single mothers have, but she's had an extremely emotionally difficult life. She's grown up in a super strict born again cult. She was basically forced into an arranged marriage at 19 to a shithead who didn't want anything to do with his son. She was robbed of a normal adolescence and adulthood, and her own agency. Despite it all she's come out being able to make light of this and tell her story in a funny and compelling way. Sure J handled all the mechanics of running the podcast, but Itgalz is intrinsically about L's life. It's her ups and downs that's the heart of the show. So it makes sense for L to buy J out and continue it on.
I’ve said it before but all of Jenny’s ups and downs were also publicly broadcast, she just doesn’t have as many! There’s plenty of very private information she’s shared that’s thrown in her face constantly (like cheating on Michael)... just because she isn’t as chaotic doesn’t mean she hasn’t shared a lot

Reactions: 45
Genuinely think that L's actions are the actions of someone who might be experiencing some sort of severe mental health episode. No one would ever throw a grenade at a friendship and business this way. I reckon J is not only trying to deal with it legally but also sensitively, knowing L could be still be spiraling. Not a good time for either. I know L is getting a lot of heat on this forum but stop and think about Caroline Flack before you insult her as she's definitely on these threads.
For sure, I see your point here. To be honest anyone that sees this as an opportunity to kick Lindsay while she's down probably has it in for Lindsay anyway, as previously discussed. It's better to just ignore comments you don't agree with and like the ones you do. I gave a lot of advice to Lindsay as did a lot of others here that she needs to just start her own Patreon/Podcast in the meantime if she can't go without creating content, but that the future of ItGalz wasn't up for her to decide on her own and also wasn't fair she was doing that.

Bar some mean spirited comments we all saw, I think most people just want Lindsay to heed the advice people are giving her and stop being so impulsive as it's doing her no favours. It's a shame she may see that as "telling a girl boss how to be a girl boss", but although I am also 'ideologically opposed to most of the things the girls say' (as another tattler perfectly put) I can't say I hated every single Itgalz ep that was ever put out and I do think they have the ability to have separate careers and champion their own content. You have to hold people accountable for their actions though, and it is possible to do that without being unnecessarily mean. Jaysuz, I would have rang the hotline for the itgalz ep to give her advice if I didn't think she'd hang up on me!

Lindsay locked Jenny out of the Patreon account then made enough changes that Patreon flagged the account as under attack and Jenny had the ability to change the password back and regain access again. That's an example of an action Lindsay took as an adult, that had a consequence (a pretty hilarious turn of events to be fair and likely karma in action), but you'd hope from that consequence she at least now understands impulsivity is not the answer here and takes the time to work things out with her (sadly) ex-bestie but current business partner Jenny so they can both move forward with their lives.

Reactions: 14

Ah come on give it a rest. If it was a teen or woman in her early 20s we where talking about I'd understand but a woman her age should know better. At what stage can you stop blaming your past and take responsibility for your future. There's not one person here with a history or drama in their childhood but most grown women look inwards in their late 20s and early 30s and make changes or do counselling etc. Lindsay has spend her entire life blaming everyone else but herself, its time she took a long hard look at herself and grew up. It's like fuckin Peter pan syndrome a sullen teen who expects everything to be handed to her (like it has all her life). She's in panic mode now because she might actually have to work for her living for the first time ever. All well and good having the content and sharing your stories but if you don't have the brains and the work ethic to get it out there then it's worth nothing. If she was confident in her abilities she would have cut all ties, hung up the itgalz title and started her own new podcast 2 weeks ago when she might have had people follow for the gossip. All she had done is alienated her listeners for her greed. Jenny knew if she gave her enough rope....

Can I add, I don't have it in for Lindsay, she is the reason I started following them, I loved the drama etc. If anything I feel very sorry for her, she's lost but I really think this should be a wake up call for her

Reactions: 19
How ill advised was Lindsay to just think duck it I’ll take over myself 😂 why are people around her not saying cop on you either buy Jenny out or have someone else buy her out, it was a partnership she just can’t take it, I hope Jenny goes to town on her legally and does it the right way. It’s not too late for Lindsay to set up on her own but I just don’t think she has enough to give I’ve always thought Jenny was the driving force behind It Galz Lindsay just seemed to show up and most of the time spoke out of her arse.

Reactions: 11

This is true... to be fair, even if you look at the snippets they use to advertise the show and podcasts, it’s always Lindsay’s telling of her own stories and Jenny laughing along

Reactions: 4
I don’t believe anyone ever put a gun to Lindsay’s head and forced her to over share. That’s on her. The fact that Jenny was that bit more reserved (debatable, she’s just not as much as a hot mess as Lindsay) isn’t Jenny’s fault. She can’t manufacture things that didn’t happen just to please her audience.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.