It Galz #14 Gloves vs shawl, who cares, we’re bored of it all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do any of you watch Jenny’s lives? Are they popular? I honestly couldn’t think of anything more dull than watching her do a livestream about the Depp v Heard trial so I’m curious as to how many people watch.

Reactions: 7
The lives are definitely better than the podcasts imo! Nice to hear her loosen up and share opinions rather than reading the wiki page of her topic. Even though her last live she definitely struggled a bit to see both sides of the heard depp case. I know the majority of people are pro Depp but would be nice to hear her try balance it a bit more this week.

Good to see Lindsay back on her stories more too she must be getting some confidence back! Just needs less shauna J pods now and she could be successful

Reactions: 6
View attachment 1274685
Ah L and her mates found the Sosueme filter 😂
Ironic that they were in Gibneys and all 😂
No shade to L on this one, more on Sue
Didn't know she knew chloe ferry

She’s back with the boyf and Pete was too loose, I feel the Boyf doesn't approve of Pete as he’s the ultimate session moth.. Sure look at L when she was hanging around with him she was constantly on the sesh,
I wouldn’t be surprised if Pete played a bigger role in the It Galz demise, tit went south in every angle of her life when Pete appeared on the scene! Not putting all blame on him, but I feel like he’s not as innocent 🤔
Someone didn't get a text back

• Haha
Just listened to the pod with Shauna. Loved it. Great bitta tea. Shauna's a bit mad alright but really endearing. I understand how if you're not from Dublin the accent could rot you though.

Sounds like L is single to me?

Reactions: 8
Yeah, I picked up on that too. Hopefully she is🤞🏼

I am loving LL - find myself looking forward to Wednesdays and wish there was more than one ep a week !
Yeah she kept saying to Shauna "we're in the same boat trying to get through this" about dating and finding a real long term/forever love.

She kind of mentioned as well how she is praised when she has a fella with her fam and society in generally. Like a fella equals happiness. I totally agree with her on that point. Once you have a partner people think you're sorted even if the reality is actual hardship.

Does anyone know if that chap Dave is actually gone?

Reactions: 11
Yeah she kept saying to Shauna "we're in the same boat trying to get through this" about dating and finding a real long term/forever love.

She kind of mentioned as well how she is praised when she has a fella with her fam and society in generally. Like a fella equals happiness. I totally agree with her on that point. Once you have a partner people think you're sorted even if the reality is actual hardship.

Does anyone know if that chap Dave is actually gone?
Yeah I totally agree with that too. What was his name Again wasn’t he some big property developer?

Binge listening to Lipstick Lessons, L is so good. I'm kinda delighted for her. Even though I haven't agreed with everything she's done or said in the past (I've actually really disliked her and judged her at times) I always did think she was a really loyal mate. And I always thought the awful shite she's done or said was out of ignorance and not badness.

She just comes across as someone you'd chat to all night. She is very agreeable though and turns into the person she's talking to so I'm starting to think was her arrogance/bitchy side on itgalz present because she was bouncing of jenny.

Just a thought!

Binge listening to Lipstick Lessons, L is so good. I'm kinda delighted for her. Even though I haven't agreed with everything she's done or said in the past (I've actually really disliked her and judged her at times) I always did think she was a really loyal mate. And I always thought the awful shite she's done or said was out of ignorance and not badness.

She just comes across as someone you'd chat to all night. She is very agreeable though and turns into the person she's talking to so I'm starting to think was her arrogance/bitchy side on itgalz present because she was bouncing of jenny.

Just a thought!
I don't dislike Jenny btw, but I do find that she thinks her way is the best way in everything and when she was with Lindsay she thought her opinions and take on things were more important and correct because L was dumb in her opinion. I think she has a jealous streak too.

Reactions: 13
I don't dislike Jenny btw, but I do find that she thinks her way is the best way in everything and when she was with Lindsay she thought her opinions and take on things were more important and correct because L was dumb in her opinion. I think she has a jealous streak too.
To be fair you just pretty much called L dumb too, she said racist and misogynistic things because she was too 'ignorant' to know better. Can you blame J for thinking her opinions were correct over Ls when you yourself call L ignorant ie lacking knowledge? I'm not saying this is what J thought but clearly you think L isn't the sharpest the tool in the shed so I'm not sure why you think J is wrong for thinking the same?

Reactions: 9
J has an arrogance and I think it rubbed off on L. I don’t think she thinks L is dumb she’s saying that flippant comments made were thoughtless and therefore ignorant. We all make comments like that, it doesn’t have to define us. You can tell L is a good person imo.

loving lipstick lessons it makes my Wednesdays. I really liked the episode with Shauna. She’s very quick, opens up a lot and she’s endearing.

L seems single to me… a lot happier and back to herself. Someone found an article on the ex does anyone have the link?

J has an arrogance and I think it rubbed off on L. I don’t think she thinks L is dumb she’s saying that flippant comments made were thoughtless and therefore ignorant. We all make comments like that, it doesn’t have to define us. You can tell L is a good person imo.

Do we? I don't really know how a whole podcast dedicated to debating whether or not someone(an actual person that they knew would know about and listen to their podcast) was actually raped could count as thoughtless?

I know people are trying to be pro L and compliment her but both you and the previous poster seem to be saying that L has no personality of her own and just adapts to whoever she is with at the time? Like she's a woman in her mid 30s and your infantilising her imo, of course she knows what she is saying and doing, of course she has a fully formed personality her own. I'm the same age as L and wouldn't sit around like a nodding dog if someone was being bitchy(on public podcasts no less) unless I actually agreed with what was being said.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I dont see L as a loyal friend at all. What happened to Jack? Jenny? And now possibly Pete? All one thing in common. I don't blame Lindsay either I'd say she is similar in her friendships as she is in her relationships. She is all about the new friend in the beginning and makes them the centre of her universe and just doesn't know how to balance then when new relationships come on the scene. Therapy would really help with this and I'm not being bitchy saying that. Find a therapist you gel with and it's the best investment ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
While I don’t think bitching is that bad, I think you need to be brain dead to think you can properly witch about someone to their sisters and get away with it. Discuss the issue yes, agree yes, but she was obviously going in on her. Dumb on her part she obviously overestimated her position

How do we know L spent it all , I think J is entitled to sue but that’s a MASSIVE guess to say she spent it all
It wasn't a guess. Its a fact.

Reactions: 8
J was the disloyal one and we don’t know about Jack or Pete. I’d say they are still friends but also some friendships don’t work out.

After the r*pe episode L was the one who released a lengthy statement and apology explaining that she had been r*ped. R survivors can lash out in different ways. She had Mia on the pod which was an amazing conversation about consent. J hasn’t shown any growth re different opinions from that particular podcast and she never apologised. J just continuously references being cancelled. Did anyone else notice the shade in the latest Lipstick Lessons. Saying that they weren’t cancelled because they got so much more popular after that scandal. I appreciated that acknowledgment. J never apologised

Reactions: 5
J was the disloyal one and we don’t know about Jack or Pete. I’d say they are still friends but also some friendships don’t work out.

After the r*pe episode L was the one who released a lengthy statement and apology explaining that she had been r*ped. R survivors can lash out in different ways. She had Mia on the pod which was an amazing conversation about consent. J hasn’t shown any growth re different opinions from that particular podcast and she never apologised. J just continuously references being cancelled. Did anyone else notice the shade in the latest Lipstick Lessons. Saying that they weren’t cancelled because they got so much more popular after that scandal. I appreciated that acknowledgment. J never apologised
wtf are you saying this makes no sense. L is good bc she threw shade saying they got popular after the r*pe episode?

I think Lindsay could take a tit in your bed and you'd thank her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
J and L both apologised for the r*pe episode in the elephant in the room podcast on Xgalz. They also referenced both writing a letter of apology to Rosemary in another ep. They didn't release a public podcast apologising for the r*pe ep because L wasn't ready to share the details of her experience publicly which J fully supported her on. I don't know what you mean by 'J never apologised', you will go out of your way to vilify J and put L on a pedestal in the most comical and often nonsensical way.

J's podcast doesn't interest me at all, so I haven't subbed to RR or listened to the free ep on Spotify. As for L, I don't know how many of us gave her the best advice possible at the time of the split to just rebrand and do her own thing. Her actions around that time, especially the instagram post dragging J, put me off her so much. Now she eventually sees sense and rebrands with her own solo pod but I also don't have any interest in lipstick lessons. The only thing I enjoy doing is watching J's vlogs on Youtube because it's pure escapism to have on in the background while you eat your dinner or whatever.

I downloaded all of the X-galz podcasts ages ago and I just re-listen to some of the funniest ones when I'm travelling. When the girls were good, they were good, when they were bad, they were unbearable. I'm just bored now. I think my favourite thing to come out of all of this was that Caroline Calloway style essay one of their ex mates wrote about their friendship on her personal blog. That was fascinating.

(P.s Off topic but if you want a good listen check out the Wagatha Christie podcast on the BBC Sounds app)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
J is on James Kavanagh’s podcast today, good to listen to her just chat casually and normally again instead of the essay reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.