It Galz #14 Gloves vs shawl, who cares, we’re bored of it all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've said it before: J's pod is almost 100pc in my wheelhouse and I'm incredibly impressed with her work rate but she needs to level up.
That pod on Kim Kardashian & The Dress at the Met Ball was a real parson's egg, only good in parts. She got good contributors but her intro was rambling and a bit overblown. Again, bits of it sounded like a Wikipedia article being read out, yet curiously, there was little depth to what she brought to the table. On the other hand, the woman contributor spoke with real knowledge, not only about the Kardashians but about cultural theory... because she's actually done the work over the years.
The pod is just too scattershot. I'll definitely listen to the Dynasties episode but I'm already guessing it will be loaded up with facts, we'll be asked to marvel at weird stuff rich people did 100 years ago, there will be no context, definitely no critical evaluation of the myths that have built up. And she'll get her prepositions mixed up, so she'll litter the pod with big words but they'll be crow-barred in. (She needs to get somebody to read over her scripts!)
J has a good nose for research and a great persona as a presenter, but she needs to apply that work ethic to going beyond kinda gas conspiracy theories she found online a few days ago.

Reactions: 10
I've said it before: J's pod is almost 100pc in my wheelhouse and I'm incredibly impressed with her work rate but she needs to level up.
That pod on Kim Kardashian & The Dress at the Met Ball was a real parson's egg, only good in parts. She got good contributors but her intro was rambling and a bit overblown. Again, bits of it sounded like a Wikipedia article being read out, yet curiously, there was little depth to what she brought to the table. On the other hand, the woman contributor spoke with real knowledge, not only about the Kardashians but about cultural theory... because she's actually done the work over the years.
The pod is just too scattershot. I'll definitely listen to the Dynasties episode but I'm already guessing it will be loaded up with facts, we'll be asked to marvel at weird stuff rich people did 100 years ago, there will be no context, definitely no critical evaluation of the myths that have built up. And she'll get her prepositions mixed up, so she'll litter the pod with big words but they'll be crow-barred in. (She needs to get somebody to read over her scripts!)
J has a good nose for research and a great persona as a presenter, but she needs to apply that work ethic to going beyond kinda gas conspiracy theories she found online a few days ago.
My initial thought regarding the Kim K dress ep for RR was that its sort of old news at this point is it not? I don’t subscribe to either podcast but aside from the fact thag L’s podcast is more my cup of tea, L is covering Kravis’ wedding which is current news. I wouldn’t necessarily wanna dissect Kim’s dress that was worn earlier this month now.

Maybe Im being harsh 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Listened to Adam’s mindpoppers recently and even though I would be more of a fan of Jenny he is definitely a more captivating story teller. Maybe it’s because he ads some witty one liners and personal stories which can be quite outrageous but make it more of an engaging listen. Lindsay also seems to draw people in with a similar style. Maybe that’s why Jenny’s podcast seems to people like Wikipedia, because it is information easily obtained from wiki with no added personal substance.

Reactions: 14
L confirmed she's single on this week's episode. And she sounds really happy about it.

L confirmed she's single on this week's episode. And she sounds really happy about it.
Since I started listening I noticed she jokes a lot about J. It's actually very funny. Like in this one she was saying she was dying to go to a wedding and joking that she was waiting on her invite from J. She was just slagging herself about the full break up, she's always doing it. I like it

Reactions: 15
Oh I'm lovingggggg Lipstick Lessons!
Wouldn't be a big Karla fan ordinarily but L definitely brings out the best in people, humour wise.

Wish there was more episodes!

Reactions: 7
I know all influencers are probably the same & I just don’t follow them but I swear Jenny posts a different tan brand every week saying it’s her fave - don’t get me wrong whoever sent me free products would be my fave too but how does anyone take their recommendations seriously 😂

Why is Jenny being a dick about people texting her tips about going through the queues at the airport 😂 “unsolicited advice” god forbid people give u a bit of advice after you post that you’re flying and nervous about the Qs after seeing the videos

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Why is Jenny being a dick about people texting her tips about going through the queues at the airport 😂 “unsolicited advice” god forbid people give u a bit of advice after you post that you’re flying and nervous about the Qs after seeing the videos
Oh I interpreted her story as don't be telling her that she shouldn't arrive too early to the airport opposed to tips on how to manage the airport queues. I was in the queues the other day and if anyone had any tips for me, I'd have soaked them up!!!

Reactions: 11
Oh I interpreted her story as don't be telling her that she shouldn't arrive too early to the airport opposed to tips on how to manage the airport queues. I was in the queues the other day and if anyone had any tips for me, I'd have soaked them up!!!
Exactly!! Like you’re a public figure with a big platform that mentioned you were going to the airport after posting chaotic scenes. OBVIOUSLY people who support you are going to want to help.

Reactions: 3
I was ssooo team Jenny after the split and she annoyed me a lot pre split. I’ve unsubbed from rr for months now but I was really enjoying the clogs at first. But she’s starting to annoy me again in the last few 🤪 I don’t even know why lol think she seemed so likeable after the split and she’s coming across as quite smug lately?

• Haha
I feel like J could just ignore the DMs/turn off her story replies instead of posting about no more unsolicited advice. Wait til she has a baby lol she’ll get so much more ACTUAL unsolicited advice then. The advice about the airport was presumably well meaning. J might have been the brains behind itgalz but L was 100% the personality because I always found L so much nicer to engage with on social media (even if L does have her moments). J just comes off a bit rude/stand offish. After all, the people messaging J are her followers and theyre how she pays the bills. Its not overly professional IMO to post that story.

Reactions: 13
I feel like J could just ignore the DMs/turn off her story replies instead of posting about no more unsolicited advice. Wait til she has a baby lol she’ll get so much more ACTUAL unsolicited advice then. The advice about the airport was presumably well meaning. J might have been the brains behind itgalz but L was 100% the personality because I always found L so much nicer to engage with on social media (even if L does have her moments). J just comes off a bit rude/stand offish. After all, the people messaging J are her followers and theyre how she pays the bills. Its not overly professional IMO to post that story.
A million percent. Unsolicited advice is like telling a new mom to do XYZ when she didn’t even ask. Letting someone know something they found helpful while navigating a busy airport is hardly a bad thing. She always had an air of superiority about her. If you’re that annoyed about someone trying to be helpful to you about the airport just don’t look at your dms😂

I find it interesting that a few people are saying they are not really enjoying Red Room but keep unsubscribed cos Jenny is a hard worker. 😅

Also Jenny clearly doesn't work as hard as people in normal jobs.

Which isn't even a reason I would pay somebody for content in the first place. Oh I'll just buy this crappy book I don't like because the writer worked hard at it...

Reactions: 6
A million percent. Unsolicited advice is like telling a new mom to do XYZ when she didn’t even ask. Letting someone know something they found helpful while navigating a busy airport is hardly a bad thing. She always had an air of superiority about her. If you’re that annoyed about someone trying to be helpful to you about the airport just don’t look at your dms😂
She just meant that she was on her way and she had done everything she could at that point so dming her with advice was pointless because she couldn't change anything. She didn't seem annoyed or superior, there is no need to twist every tiny thing.

She just meant that she was on her way and she had done everything she could at that point so dming her with advice was pointless because she couldn't change anything. She didn't seem annoyed or superior, there is no need to twist every tiny thing.
Agree with you.
Lots of people huffing and puffing over nothing

Could be. I just think it’s the negative connotations that come with the term “unsolicited advice”

Reactions: 6
Jenny has a problem with often coming across as stuck up/pretentious IMO in general. Say what you like about Lindsay but I think she’s a lot warmer and more endearing. Like I’d rather hang out with Lindsay for a few hours even though I think it’d be more chaotic, I just think she seems way friendlier and fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.