It Galz #13 And just like that It Galz became ‘your gal’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes true, I should not have worded it that way at all. I was feeling very emotional at the time and I should not have said it like that.

I get so pissed off at J and L...I was a listener from the start and remember when they did a complete U-turn in regards to feminism after that infamous podcast about consent. They went fully anti-feminist and I remember both of them (especially Jenny) saying shite that was clearly influenced by right-wing, harmful bullshit. They hopped on the BLM bandwagon about 'doing better' and then L started spouting ridiculous racist crap months later. All this feminist/anti-feminist/BLM stuff seems so bandwagony and it can be really difficult to see them hop onto social issues time and time again, when previously, they were actively speaking AGAINST these issues to their thousands of young followers who idolise them, saying that feminism is unnecessary and coddling men. It was strange also seeing Sarah speak about Women's Aid, Dublin Rape Crisis Centre etc. and then L make such disgusting 'jokes' at her shows.
We NEED feminism to battle against male violence against women, yet both L and J have repeatedly spoken out against and mocked the movement.

Reactions: 26
If anyone wants a good crime pod I highly recommend redhanded. Two English girls with loads of chemistry that do great research
I have to disagree. I listened to one of their eps recently and it was like Jenny x 2: they just read out a sequence of events, taking time out to make really cheap jokes. Their meh observations in brittle Briddish accents absolutely send me, to borrow a J-ism. Plus, their general knowledge can't be up to much: they got into trouble after one of them off-handedly said that the Hillsborough Disaster was caused by hooliganism within the football stadium (a take that's completely incorrect).

Reactions: 5
Yes true, I should not have worded it that way at all. I was feeling very emotional at the time and I should not have said it like that.

I get so pissed off at J and L...I was a listener from the start and remember when they did a complete U-turn in regards to feminism after that infamous podcast about consent. They went fully anti-feminist and I remember both of them (especially Jenny) saying shite that was clearly influenced by right-wing, harmful bullshit. They hopped on the BLM bandwagon about 'doing better' and then L started spouting ridiculous racist crap months later. All this feminist/anti-feminist/BLM stuff seems so bandwagony and it can be really difficult to see them hop onto social issues time and time again, when previously, they were actively speaking AGAINST these issues to their thousands of young followers who idolise them, saying that feminism is unnecessary and coddling men. It was strange also seeing Sarah speak about Women's Aid, Dublin Rape Crisis Centre etc. and then L make such disgusting 'jokes' at her shows.
We NEED feminism to battle against male violence against women, yet both L and J have repeatedly spoken out against and mocked the movement.
I’ll never forgot when L said that it was “normal” for boys to go see a massage therapist and get a happy ending as it’s all part of the experience and it is just relaxing. Like I was about 21 listening to that of course I’m going to listen to this 30+ year old woman! How awful was that. I didn’t dye my hair for years because I think I heard them say that natural hair was better. Their audience was so impressionable.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

The anti feminism stance was completely embarrassing. They basically threw a tantrum because feminists criticised them. Jenny is very influenced by elements of the right IMO.

Reactions: 25
I think I’m super cynical and can never give people a second chance but both women are pure mean girls through and through. J has just gotten away with it by distancing herself from L and not spouted her stream of consciousness like L has online. They look down on feminism because they dislike other women, women are solely seen as competition to them. It baffles me how J has gotten away with it when she was such a witch on the pod, with how she spoke about women, consent, male mental health. I think that’s why it irks me seeing them post about the recent events (even if not in great detail), when as fully grown adults they’ve tried so hard to distance themselves from the women they supposedly want to align themselves with now

Reactions: 20
That's all so true and I really appreciate seeing everyone’s thoughts here - it’s been said many times but people on this thread are so thoughtful and articulate & I love reading your opinions!

The “galz” were fully in their late 20s & 30s giving massively out of date and embarrassing advice. I remember sometimes my mouth would literally drop open hearing the tit they’d say and it definitely wasn’t just L. In fact I’d say J (influenced my Micheal) had some of the most fully formed anti feminist ideas.

I guess I stuck around because their chemistry and banter was so fun to listen to but to think of their younger listeners hearing that tit and actively taking it on board makes me feel a bit sick.

Reactions: 20
Lindsay made those rape jokes after she rebranded as a feminist. Labels don’t mean anything, it’s how you act and handle your life.

Reactions: 8
Lindsay made those rape jokes after she rebranded as a feminist. Labels don’t mean anything, it’s how you act and handle your life.
True, but there’s calling yourself a feminist for your #brand for clout when you don’t mean it and privately assessing and changing your ideals and values. I’d imagine the poster was more questioning how they feel about feminism rather than ‘will they call themselves feminists now after this?’

Sadly also gonna un-sub from Red Room. I was fully routing for J and have to commend how much work and research she puts in. The topics J covers are 100% up my alley but I find it so dull and personality-less. And the glimmers of personality I get from J, I just cannot warm to. I appreciate she is grown and we are no longer seeing sneery or snidey condescending sides of her as I did over the years on it galz but I just find her hard to warm to now. It is literally like being in a classroom, as someone else said. I listen to a lot of solo pods too that discuss interesting topics but are still more enjoyable to listen to.
It's a shame because I was really routing for her and admired the pod she built so quickly, I just cannot justify paying for the content, being as dull as it is.

I’ll never forgot when L said that it was “normal” for boys to go see a massage therapist and get a happy ending as it’s all part of the experience and it is just relaxing. Like I was about 21 listening to that of course I’m going to listen to this 30+ year old woman! How awful was that. I didn’t dye my hair for years because I think I heard them say that natural hair was better. Their audience was so impressionable.
I don't know
I think I’m super cynical and can never give people a second chance but both women are pure mean girls through and through. J has just gotten away with it by distancing herself from L and not spouted her stream of consciousness like L has online. They look down on feminism because they dislike other women, women are solely seen as competition to them. It baffles me how J has gotten away with it when she was such a witch on the pod, with how she spoke about women, consent, male mental health. I think that’s why it irks me seeing them post about the recent events (even if not in great detail), when as fully grown adults they’ve tried so hard to distance themselves from the women they supposedly want to align themselves with now
I always felt that J was bitchier on the pod and surprised people disagree whenever it's been said/those comments get shut down completely. I just always felt it was the case over the years. And I've supported Js RR pod up until I un-subbed today so not even bashing her, was supporting her. And of course, I'm not discounting L being so beyond problematic. I always felt L was messy and problematic by nature but her comments were a lot more thoughtless than J, as L is a person all round. J was more grounded always and I felt she always came across as more snidey and bitchy and sneery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Sadly also gonna un-sub from Red Room. I was fully routing for J and have to commend how much work and research she puts in. The topics J covers are 100% up my alley but I find it so dull and personality-less. And the glimmers of personality I get from J, I just cannot warm to. I appreciate she is grown and we are no longer seeing sneery or snidey condescending sides of her as I did over the years on it galz but I just find her hard to warm to now. It is literally like being in a classroom, as someone else said. I listen to a lot of solo pods too that discuss interesting topics but are still more enjoyable to listen to.
It's a shame because I was really routing for her and admired the pod she built so quickly, I just cannot justify paying for the content, being as dull as it is.
Yeah same, i unsubbed in december.. pity because on paper all of the topics she covers are 100% up my street but i just found I was zoning out of every single episode or else not listening at all. You can't deny she does a lot of research on the topics but the episodes themselves were just overloaded with facts and lacked personality or direction in my opinion. But i appreciate everyone is different and some people enjoy that content :)

Reactions: 8
Aren’t they both people who are mainly into looks and fashion and makeup and being hot?
True, but there’s calling yourself a feminist for your #brand for clout when you don’t mean it and privately assessing and changing your ideals and values. I’d imagine the poster was more questioning how they feel about feminism rather than ‘will they call themselves feminists now after this?’
Clout chasers don’t understand what words mean, or even think about it. They just pose around and say whatever they think makes them sound cool.

Yes and it's a pity because according to sources I have, neither were mean growing up. They just sort of let the podcast be the grounds for airing their every thought and as their confidence grew they got brave and said some mean stuff.

As I said before, my ex hated their ick podcast and it wasn't because of the Movember thing. He was in a rager over some things.

I also thought the final podcast was mean but I never found their fashion pods mean

Last edited:
Aren’t they both people who are mainly into looks and fashion and makeup and being hot?

Clout chasers don’t understand what words mean, or even think about it. They just pose around and say whatever they think makes them sound cool.
Being into looking hot and cool and having thoughts about something like what has happened this week aren’t mutually exclusive. I think there’ll be very few people who haven’t been shaken a bit by it. I’m very clearly not a fan of L and before the split sort of couldn’t stand the two of them but I don’t think they’re that pea-brained, personally. Can’t stand most influencers tbh but even if some are being more calculated or performative in posting about the murder and misogyny in general I think you’d have to be seriously lacking something to not care, especially given that it’s an issue all women face to different extents. And no, I don’t think people being into fashion and makeup and their appearance as a priority precludes them from caring thinking about these things and growing, even if their takes on it were immature and tit before.

Reactions: 4
Being into looking hot and cool and having thoughts about something like what has happened this week aren’t mutually exclusive. I think there’ll be very few people who haven’t been shaken a bit by it. I’m very clearly not a fan of L and before the split sort of couldn’t stand the two of them but I don’t think they’re that pea-brained, personally. Can’t stand most influencers tbh but even if some are being more calculated or performative in posting about the murder and misogyny in general I think you’d have to be seriously lacking something to not care, especially given that it’s an issue all women face to different extents. And no, I don’t think people being into fashion and makeup and their appearance as a priority precludes them from caring thinking about these things and growing, even if their takes on it were immature and tit before.
[Apologies for derailment.]

It’s a matter of degree, in my eyes. Of course you can be into all sorts of things, including how you look, without that meaning you don’t care about others or can’t sustain an idea.

However, there are still people (men and women) who are so vain/shallow/entitled/unworldly/insecure, or undiagnosed that they really haven’t a bleeping clue. No idea has any substance to them, because they’ve genuinely
never thought about anything except looking good. They exist.

Feminism as a thing that is “bad for guys” is a pretty typical example of the kind of crap they
come out with. Fine in teenagers, annoying and a bit thick in 30 year olds.

Reactions: 5
[Apologies for derailment.]

It’s a matter of degree, in my eyes. Of course you can be into all sorts of things, including how you look, without that meaning you don’t care about others or can’t sustain an idea.

However, there are still people (men and women) who are so vain/shallow/entitled/unworldly/insecure, or undiagnosed that they really haven’t a bleeping clue. No idea has any substance to them, because they’ve genuinely
never thought about anything except looking good. They exist.

Feminism as a thing that is “bad for guys” is a pretty typical example of the kind of crap they
come out with. Fine in teenagers, annoying and a bit thick in 30 year olds.
Yeah and I know people who’ve duck all interest in their appearance and duck all hobbies and duck all interest in social issues. It’s not one or the other, I don’t really get the ‘aren’t they into makeup and appearance and looking hot?’ in your first post, as if the natural answer is ‘yeah you’re right, therefore they don’t think/care about anything else and are empty headed!’ pull me up if I’m taking you up completely wrong. Of course vapid and vain people exist, so do people who have no personality and no interest in anything beyond their own life and little bubble who aren’t into their appearance.

Dunno now I thought it was wankery in teenagers when I was a teen too 😂

Reactions: 1
Yeah and I know people who’ve duck all interest in their appearance and duck all hobbies and duck all interest in social issues. It’s not one or the other, I don’t really get the ‘aren’t they into makeup and appearance and looking hot?’ in your first post, as if the natural answer is ‘yeah you’re right, therefore they don’t think/care about anything else and are empty headed!’ pull me up if I’m taking you up completely wrong. Of course vapid and vain people exist, so do people who have no personality and no interest in anything beyond their own life and little bubble who aren’t into their appearance.

Dunno now I thought it was wankery in teenagers when I was a teen too 😂
You are pulling me up wrong. I said “mainly into”! As in, preoccupied by. As in, don’t really care about things that aren’t to do with that preoccupation. I took pains to point out that I wasn’t talking about being into looking good etc.
And your other point is whataboutery. We’re not talking about other species of dullard. And whether you were switched on as a teenager is irrelevant (though good for you), it’s that stupid attitudes about major issues that are forgivable in teenagers are often less so in 30 year olds.
(This ends my contribution.)

You are pulling me up wrong. I said “mainly into”! As in, preoccupied by. As in, don’t really care about things that aren’t to do with that preoccupation. I took pains to point out that I wasn’t talking about being into looking good etc.
And your other point is whataboutery. We’re not talking about other species of dullard. And whether you were switched on as a teenager is irrelevant (though good for you), it’s that stupid attitudes about major issues that are forgivable in teenagers are often less so in 30 year olds.
(This ends my contribution.)
‘Only’ and not ‘mainly’ might have helped avoid any misinterpretation then, it can be someone’s priority without making them an empty vessel. And no, not taking it personally, (I wouldn’t look like shite most of the time if looks were my priority, need to make them more of one actually) was just surprised to see what appeared to be a dismissal of people who are focused on their looks as gombeens.
It’s not relevant or irrelevant, it wasn’t part of an argument, I was just saying I thought it was stupid for teenagers too, not trying to convince you otherwise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.