It Galz #12 L spent all the Itgalz money, leave the jokes to someone funny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or when she said shes coming around the idea of woke culture and is “learning”, witch you just had a stand up full of rape jokes, sit down and be humble 😷

Reactions: 9
New to this thread guys just picking up bits and pieces here what's the best thread to read about the split and why it happened TIA

Or when she said shes coming around the idea of woke culture and is “learning”, witch you just had a stand up full of rape jokes, sit down and be humble 😷
The way she speaks about woke culture, you’d swear she was way older than she is. It’s not that hard to get with the times, especially as a woman in your 30s

Reactions: 9
Did anyone notice in Ls pod she said on multiple occasions “the token black”… how the duck does she think it’s in any way acceptable to speak about POC like that?
I could not believe she said that. “The token black” wtf 😳 she made another comment about “the black” but the podcast was so horrible I can’t bear to relisten to find out where it was in the ep.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
If there is a buyout the person who buys the other out has full rights and usage of the existing brand. Otherwise there would be no point in a buyout. You’re paying the other owner for their good will of building 50% of the brand.

For example if we owned a biscuit company but I wanted it for myself, I’d have to get it evaluated and we would agree on a figure that represents the projected income for the company (usually for a 3-5 year period) and pay you a good-will fee which reflects the time and effort put into building the company. After we settle I can then do whatever I want with the brand as it’s 100% mine, but I’d still have to pay you out for the company you once owned. Nothing I do going forward changes the fact that you once owned 50% of said business, so no matter what, even if we never sell a biscuit again, I still owe you that original figure we agreed upon. This is why I was surprised that L began speaking of a buyout, they’re quite risky and the person taking over has to be very confident it’s financially a good idea.

if all it took was a name change to get out of paying the other owner, then people would just constantly change a business name after the contracts are signed and not pay.
Along this thought process then could it be possible then that L is deliberately devaluing the company so that the 3-5 year income projections will decrease and then she’ll owe J way less money? Or is the business valued at a certain point of time?

Reactions: 2
I could not believe she said that. “The token black” wtf 😳 she made another comment about “the black” but the podcast was so horrible I can’t bear to relisten to find out where it was in the ep.
Even aside from the racist remarks the episode is so negative, it’s like she’s confused critique with outright criticism. She has nothing good or nuanced to day about any of the show. The worst part is she doesn’t actually analyse the show she just talks through each scene, blow by blow, with snide remarks peppered throughout

Along this thought process then could it be possible then that L is deliberately devaluing the company so that the 3-5 year income projections will decrease and then she’ll owe J way less money? Or is the business valued at a certain point of time?
Again that wouldn’t make sense, L has been running It Galz solo for 6 months now, so safe to presume they had a figure and agreed upon it. this is why I feel J is suing (she never got the money so is suing for a debt rather than losses )

Aside from that again it wouldn’t make sense to do a valuation of a business 6 months after one of the partners left. A buyout is based on the worth of a persons shares of the company at the time of leaving. These things are straight forward, there’s no 5D chess you can play to get out of paying less.

Think of it this way, if you buy a car brand new the value could be 20k, the second it drives off the lot it goes down to about 15k. You don’t get to drive it off and pay the dealer the lower worth, even though you know it’s value depreciates the second you do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Even aside from the racist remarks the episode is so negative, it’s like she’s confused critique with outright criticism. She has nothing good or nuanced to day about any of the show. The worst part is she doesn’t actually analyse the show she just talks through each scene, blow by blow, with snide remarks peppered throughout

Again that wouldn’t make sense, L has been running It Galz solo for 6 months now, so safe to presume they had a figure and agreed upon it. this is why I feel J is suing (she never got the money so is suing for a debt rather than losses )

Aside from that again it wouldn’t make sense to do a valuation of a business 6 months after one of the partners left. A buyout is based on the worth of a persons shares of the company at the time of leaving. These things are straight forward, there’s no 5D chess you can play to get out of paying less
Ah I get you now, thanks for explaining!

Reactions: 5

Aside from that again it wouldn’t make sense to do a valuation of a business 6 months after one of the partners left. A buyout is based on the worth of a persons shares of the company at the time of leaving. These things are straight forward, there’s no 5D chess you can play to get out of paying less.

Think of it this way, if you buy a car brand new the value could be 20k, the second it drives off the lot it goes down to about 15k. You don’t get to drive it off and pay the dealer the lower worth, even though you know it’s value depreciates the second you do so.
I really didn’t get this from her SATC episode at all- she said she really liked how they are now actually showing the women as parents and not as perfect parents which is valuable for the audience to see and she loved seeing Carrie and Mr Big together ? She also said she liked the Brady storyline because it’s the reality of what parents of teens have to deal with. She said she hopes they continue with the Miranda drinking problem storyline because it’s something a lot of people struggle with and again, a real problem the audience may have experienced. She called the final scene incredible and said their acting was amazing and that she cried? I agree she criticised a good few things but she also praised plenty

Reactions: 6
I really didn’t get this from her SATC episode at all- she said she really liked how they are now actually showing the women as parents and not as perfect parents which is valuable for the audience to see and she loved seeing Carrie and Mr Big together ? She also said she liked the Brady storyline because it’s the reality of what parents of teens have to deal with. She said she hopes they continue with the Miranda drinking problem storyline because it’s something a lot of people struggle with and again, a real problem the audience may have experienced. She called the final scene incredible and said their acting was amazing and that she cried? I agree she criticised a good few things but she also praised plenty
I found it overwhelmingly negative. I’ve no issue with a negative review, it’s all subjective but I found her points most of the time to be contrarian for the sake of it. Again I feel there was a lack of analysis and it was basically a synopsis of events, like explaining scenes in the show. Would have been better if she got a cohost for that one as it lacked nuance imo but each to their own

Reactions: 8
Perfect thread name imho, it doesn’t rhyme and isn’t mean 😅
Yeah kinda over the whole rhyming thread names

Did anyone notice in Ls pod she said on multiple occasions “the token black”… how the duck does she think it’s in any way acceptable to speak about POC like that?
What’s wrong about commenting on tv shows having a token black character for the sake of racial diversity? I haven’t listened to the ep so maybe I’m missing some context.

Reactions: 4
What’s wrong about commenting on tv shows having a token black character for the sake of racial diversity? I haven’t listened to the ep so maybe I’m missing some context.
The issue is referring to a black person as “a black” or “the token black” it’s dehumanising and ignorant.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Lads, just listened to l's SATC pod. She sounds like such a hypocrite talking about Charlotte's filler & also about Kim Catrell having the right idea wanting to call it quits on the series. Thought it was mad considering she wont let it galz go...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The issue is referring to a black person as “a black” or “the token black” it’s dehumanising and ignorant.
Yeah my point was more on the choice of wording rather than the critique of tokenism
Ah, I get you
Thx for explaining

ETA: I hadn’t seen the post about L saying ‘the black’ when I posted before, only that L said ‘the token black’

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I didn't think new ep was too bad.
"The token black" made my jaw drop and also how she thinks every POC is "token" like does she not venture outside Portmarnock at ALL?! Way beyond tokenism, we actually live in a very diverse society.

What was apparent to me was how inarticulate she is. Her critique was peppered with so much "bleep" etc whereas Jennys (I do hate comparing them but it's hard not to) added value, hot takes and interesting opinions.

All that aside, I do actually enjoy hearing L shite on.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.