It Galz #12 L spent all the Itgalz money, leave the jokes to someone funny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah sorry I just meant that’s probably why there’s more content of the two of them since she lost her main friends 🤣
She lost L (questionable if she was a loss) and her 2 sisters. I’m sure she has other friends who aren’t Hamilton sisters

Reactions: 8
I just wanna say that being engaged isn't 'having your tit together'. It's not an achievement and anyone can do it. J and E have only been together 2 or so years which is absolutely nothing. I noticed more basic lad types once they hit 35 plus start proposing. Basic men are very concerned with and affected by these arbitrary 'milestones' as much as basic women. It is a bullshit status thing. Often, the woman is super surprised which is insane, as they didn't discuss it previously and they 'had no idea'. Yikes!
Also, the idea of a guy buying his partner an engagement ring when so many of us couples are trying to save for a mortgage in this neo-liberal shithole that is Ireland is foolish and insane. I hate the narcissism and clout involved in it all...the insta photos, the showing off/talking about 'The Ring'. Maybe this is a VERY unpopular opinion haha!
If somebody is together 6, 8,10, 12, 14 years, amazing. And you never have to be engaged or married.
Great post 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just wanna say that being engaged isn't 'having your tit together'. It's not an achievement and anyone can do it. J and E have only been together 2 or so years which is absolutely nothing. I noticed more basic lad types once they hit 35 plus start proposing. Basic men are very concerned with and affected by these arbitrary 'milestones' as much as basic women. It is a bullshit status thing. Often, the woman is super surprised which is insane, as they didn't discuss it previously and they 'had no idea'. Yikes!
Also, the idea of a guy buying his partner an engagement ring when so many of us couples are trying to save for a mortgage in this neo-liberal shithole that is Ireland is foolish and insane. I hate the narcissism and clout involved in it all...the insta photos, the showing off/talking about 'The Ring'. Maybe this is a VERY unpopular opinion haha!
If somebody is together 6, 8,10, 12, 14 years, amazing. And you never have to be engaged or married.
This is great!
The problem in Ireland is the sheer scale of basic culture. There are so few options: get married, get a good job, tick a box, any box, just a box. Be “normal”.

Yes engagement and marriage is a weird concept. But so is Christmas, birthdays and lots of other things we celebrate. We have to find some way to enjoy this late capitalist hell hole we live in and if your fella buying you a fancy ring and saying he will be with you forever is it than so be it 😂
Feast days and celebrations are not the same as the institution of marriage and people don’t get engaged for the sake of simple enjoyment of the experience.

They do so to get external validation for a relationship in an official way (hence the additional appeal for instafools) not to mention the huge tax and other financial benefits of doing so in a system that does not serve single people.

There’s only one way to build and strengthen a relationship, and that’s between the people involved, through listening, empathy, consideration and effort. No such thing as external validation, and given its role in this highly traditional concept, calling it Just a Laugh is nonsense. External validation of a relationship is a bogus concept IMHO. Most married Irish people I know have that big official stamp but seem to have no idea how to be in a relationship with another person.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is great!
The problem in Ireland is the sheer scale of basic culture. There are so few options: get married, get a good job, tick a box, any box, just a box. Be “normal”.

Feast days and celebrations are not the same as the institution of marriage and people don’t get engaged for the sake of simple enjoyment of the experience.

They do so to get external validation for a relationship in an official way (hence the additional appeal for instafools) not to mention the huge tax and other financial benefits of doing so in a system that does not serve single people.

There’s only one way to build and strengthen a relationship, and that’s between the people involved, through listening, empathy, consideration and effort. No such thing as external validation, and given its role in this highly traditional concept, calling it Just a Laugh is nonsense. External validation of a relationship is a bogus concept IMHO. Most married Irish people I know have that big official stamp but seem to have no idea how to be in a relationship with another person.
How do you know E and J don’t do these things? I don’t see the pint of contemplating and debating to point of marriage in this thread😂 so boring

Reactions: 17
A lot of projection in this thread re marriage/engagement.

There is definitely a lot of shite that goes a long with both especially in Ireland but nobody on here said getting engaged is having your tit together 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 25
Wonder is it emotional for J & L watching new sex and the city not been able to discuss

Reactions: 24
How do you know E and J don’t do these things? I don’t see the pint of contemplating and debating to point of marriage in this thread😂 so boring
Contemplating the point of marriage is precisely what you did in the post I responded to, 👩‍🔬.

Reactions: 1
Wonder is it emotional for J & L watching new sex and the city not been able to discuss
I’d definitely say so. it’s easy after a friendship breakup to focus on all the negatives, but it has to be tough on them both to lose each other

Reactions: 2
If members attempt to moderate the thread. Hit report. - Please read our rules and why they're important
Removed.

Once again I am here to tell you all to shut up about your own preferences. No one cares what you think (apologies to your egos). Get back to the topic at hand.
You’re the one with the ego problem, gatekeeper. Analysing the IT Galz without covering marriage (in Irish culture) is like ignoring it in Jane Austen. That’s why the thread has come to this, because one is getting married/validated and the other is hanging
out with people 10 years younger than her, which people in this thread think is unseemly. Consequent discussion of the issue is inevitable. If you have contributions to make, the thread is open, so make them.

Muderators shouldn’t tell members to “shut up”, under any circumstances. It’s condescending and bleeping rude. If there are standards of discourse that apply to members, they must always apply to muderators too.

Last edited:
This is great!

I think I love this person 😃 Well said my friend x

Reactions: 5
You’re the one with the ego problem, gatekeeper. Analysing the IT Galz without covering marriage (in Irish culture) is like ignoring it in Jane Austen. That’s why the thread has come to this, because one is getting married/validated and the other is hanging
out with people 10 years younger than her, which people in this thread think is unseemly. Consequent discussion of the issue is inevitable. If you have contributions to make, the thread is open, so make them.

Muderators shouldn’t tell members to “shut up”, under any circumstances. It’s condescending and bleeping rude. If there are standards of discourse that apply to members, they must always apply to muderators too.
Extremely well said. This is very relevant.

Reactions: 3
I’m sorry but dragging your children into the pub on a school night at 10 o clock, they should be in bed

Reactions: 8
Luna always seems to be up really late. I’m surprised they let L have kids in the pub that late?

also surprised L still seems to be wearing the ring her ex bought her

Reactions: 7
This is nuts. I have children around her age and just... you can’t do this. Am I wrong? Is this extreme? She must have quite serious problems, it seems to me. Nothing wrong with having problems, we all have them at different times and they never look good, but some one of her family and friends should help her by talking to her.

Reactions: 12
This is nuts. I have children around her age and just... you can’t do this. Am I wrong? Is this extreme? She must have quite serious problems, it seems to me. Nothing wrong with having problems, we all have them at different times and they never look good, but some one of her family and friends should help her by talking to her.
In fairness to her friends and family, after the way she reacted from hearing their thoughts discussed with J this summer (albeit expressed behind her back), I wouldn’t be volunteering to lead the intervention

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.