It Galz #12 L spent all the Itgalz money, leave the jokes to someone funny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do remember though in the earlyish days of Xgalz that J specifically told L to ditch the kids from her insta if she wanted to appeal to men. Less ma vibes or something she said. Which is hurtful for a friend to say I can imagine. J wasn't always decorating the tree with her fiance wholesome wife vibes.
It would be hurtful to say to a friend out of context, but wasn’t the context specific to ‘what to have on social media while trying to get a man’?

Reactions: 5
It would be hurtful to say to a friend out of context, but wasn’t the context specific to ‘what to have on social media while trying to get a man’?
Yea pretty sure L said she wanted to "sex up" her IG or something and that she didn't know how to thirst trap. It was defo said in more of a "men are such horny dopes if you're just looking for the ride just post pure thirst traps" rather than "ditch your kids" 🙄

Reactions: 10
I do remember though in the earlyish days of Xgalz that J specifically told L to ditch the kids from her insta if she wanted to appeal to men. Less ma vibes or something she said. Which is hurtful for a friend to say I can imagine. J wasn't always decorating the tree with her fiance wholesome wife vibes.
I remember that!

Reactions: 2
I just wanna say that being engaged isn't 'having your tit together'. It's not an achievement and anyone can do it. J and E have only been together 2 or so years which is absolutely nothing. I noticed more basic lad types once they hit 35 plus start proposing. Basic men are very concerned with and affected by these arbitrary 'milestones' as much as basic women. It is a bullshit status thing. Often, the woman is super surprised which is insane, as they didn't discuss it previously and they 'had no idea'. Yikes!
Also, the idea of a guy buying his partner an engagement ring when so many of us couples are trying to save for a mortgage in this neo-liberal shithole that is Ireland is foolish and insane. I hate the narcissism and clout involved in it all...the insta photos, the showing off/talking about 'The Ring'. Maybe this is a VERY unpopular opinion haha!
If somebody is together 6, 8,10, 12, 14 years, amazing. And you never have to be engaged or married.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I just wanna say that being engaged isn't 'having your tit together'. It's not an achievement and anyone can do it. J and E have only been together 2 or so years which is absolutely nothing. I noticed more basic lad types once they hit 35 plus start proposing. Basic men are very concerned with and affected by these arbitrary 'milestones' as much as basic women. It is a bullshit status thing. Often, the woman is super surprised which is insane, as they didn't discuss it previously and they 'had no idea'. Yikes!
Also, the idea of a guy buying his partner an engagement ring when so many of us couples are trying to save for a mortgage in this neo-liberal shithole that is Ireland is foolish and insane. I hate the narcissism and clout involved in it all...the insta photos, the showing off/talking about 'The Ring'. Maybe this is a VERY unpopular opinion haha!
If somebody is together 6, 8,10, 12, 14 years, amazing. And you never have to be engaged or married.
Wow, you snapped. I agree with this but actually never thought about it like this before!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Did anyone notice Jenny mentioned giving away a plant in her latest vlog. She said she her friend Fiona is taking it. I wonder does she mean Lindsay’s sister!? If they are still friendly she definitely mustn’t have done anything TOO terrible to Lindsay as she would have people believe.

Reactions: 3
Wow, you snapped. I agree with this but actually never thought about it like this before!
Haha! I find the whole engagement, ring, marriage, babies thing so annoying and not a sign of having your tit together. A lot of it is extremely performative, especially with influencers. And it is profitable. People seem to go crazy over their weddings/pregnancies and they gain an even bigger following. It is inane.
I know so many people who have done the whole performative thing...marriage and babies when they absolutely should NOT!! Either it was way too fast, or they were not compatible or they mistaken infatuation for love. So many couples are also together 5, 10 years plus without any of that shite.

Reactions: 14
Did anyone notice Jenny mentioned giving away a plant in her latest vlog. She said she her friend Fiona is taking it. I wonder does she mean Lindsay’s sister!? If they are still friendly she definitely mustn’t have done anything TOO terrible to Lindsay as she would have people believe.
No I think she has another friend Fiona

Reactions: 1
Oh no I totally agree but I feel Ls mind that’s the be all and end all. Like house marriage etc. Personally I’d be happy never getting married once my partner treated me well, I treated them well and we were happy. It’s just a piece of paper. I think what rots L the most is the speed of which it happened and also the fact the L slept with E before

Reactions: 5
Has J and E only been together 2 years? How long have they been roughly together before they got engaged? (just curious because we are a similar age!)

"basic lad types once they hit 35 plus start proposing" this cracked me up because it's true especially with E! as sccording to J, E wants to buy a house and get married more than she did but i think this was a while back she mentioned this.

Reactions: 8
When can we stop referring to people as basic? We are all different with different wants / needs.

Reactions: 25
When can we stop referring to people as basic? We are all different with different wants / needs.

We all have basic traits also haha! I find it a good descriptor for 'the norm', 'square', 'conventional' etc. We all have some aspect of basicness to us and we all have the opposite - some more than others, for better or for worse!
Also I think it is kinda tongue-in-cheek using it in the context of J and L........

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I don’t think E knew he had to solve the housing crisis before he proposed lol. You are projecting!

Reactions: 27
I don’t think E knew he had to solve the housing crisis before he proposed lol. You are projecting!
People can do what they want and I am allowed to have an opinion it, as everyone is! I think spending a fortune on a diamond ring when you are supposed to be just starting out a life together is a financially terrible decision and makes no sense. Crazy how people fall for the marketing.

People can do what they want and I am allowed to have an opinion it, as everyone is! I think spending a fortune on a diamond ring when you are supposed to be just starting out a life together is a financially terrible decision and makes no sense. Crazy how people fall for the marketing.
You don’t know what’s in either of their bank accounts tho? Let people do what they want in what order they want, seeeesh

You can come across looking down your nose a bit at people and their choices if they’re anything different to your preferences

Reactions: 19
I understand this viewpoint but I think it’s totally up to the couple to decide how much they want to spend on a ring.

Yes of course it is up to them if they want to partake. But it is insane how many people fall for the marketing and I hate the pressure it puts onto some relationships. It is a total marketing ploy that I think can be quite harmful.
Just putting it out there cos it is rarely said, you do NOT need an expensive diamond ring for your relationship to be valid or for your partner to 'prove' his love and commitment to you.

Reactions: 11
Yes engagement and marriage is a weird concept. But so is Christmas, birthdays and lots of other things we celebrate. We have to find some way to enjoy this late capitalist hell hole we live in and if your fella buying you a fancy ring and saying he will be with you forever is it than so be it 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Has J and E only been together 2 years? How long have they been roughly together before they got engaged? (just curious because we are a similar age!)
surely it’s closer to 3 since they moved in right before lockdown. Think the breakup ep was early 2019

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.