It Galz #12 L spent all the Itgalz money, leave the jokes to someone funny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont understand where is her empathy? Didnt she used to say that in fact she is too emphatic towards people that its one of the weaknesses. How many victims of sexual assault have sat in that stand up and had to listen to those vile jokes? One person told her off, ONE!! But how many sat there in silence feeling terrible or in shock? I cant believe shes back to defending it, dno why im still surprised..

Reactions: 15
Honestly I agree with what she said. There are plenty of comedians who are really offensive, if that is the style she’s going for, go for it.

Reactions: 1
Honestly I agree with what she said. There are plenty of comedians who are really offensive, if that is the style she’s going for, go for it.
The difference is in the delivery. I love edgy humour and I don’t think edgy jokes should be cancelled. I just think you have to be very intelligent and skilled to deliver one properly. That’s the risk you take making say, a r*pe joke (which I’m never a fan of but that’s personal), if it’s not absolutely perfectly delivered and written it has the risk of being gross and offensive.

Reactions: 24
She’s not a comic, she’s a podcaster. Her audience are from her podcast, not her “comedy”. She should stay in her lane cause her “comedy” is a shitshow

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I dont understand where is her empathy? Didnt she used to say that in fact she is too emphatic towards people that its one of the weaknesses. How many victims of sexual assault have sat in that stand up and had to listen to those vile jokes? One person told her off, ONE!! But how many sat there in silence feeling terrible or in shock? I cant believe shes back to defending it, dno why im still surprised..
She has none. She proved that in her statement and through various other actions over the last few years. Empty vessels make most noise.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hang on.. didn’t she explain the joke? Didn’t it have absolutely nothing to do with her experience with SA? Wasn’t it a cheap shot at men in repeal jumpers? Sounds like she’s really trying to spin a victim narrative, yet again. What a snore. If she keeps doing this, no one is going to believe her anymore. Such a throwing the toys out the pram move. The lack of accountability is astounding. She’s a victim of herself and herself alone.
She mentioned she was raped 3 times in her life and its her way of dealing with it and apparently was writing the show for a year. She was going on a mad one tbh - she's fuming other comedians can say what they want and she can't

Reactions: 5
I can't believe she's taking off another month. She literally has nothing else to do while the kids are in school. She could easily build up episodes over the next few weeks by recording three a week. I work at home full time, I'm studying for exams, have my two young children here after school, a dog to walk and a house to clean, my parents don't leave near by so I've no support. When I've bad days I just have to get on with it. In fact I find sticking to a structure helps the most with anxiety. Honestly, the privilege, unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She mentioned she was raped 3 times in her life and its her way of dealing with it and apparently was writing the show for a year. She was going on a mad one tbh - she's fuming other comedians can say what they want and she can't
Good god does she not realise that people can go back and listen to what she said previously? Writing the show for a year my bleedin hole. Making jokes about rapists doesn’t have anything to do with her own experience? Again.. someone told her once that she should try comedy and now she’s a seasoned comedian. You couldn’t make it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
There is a level of self delusion here that i dont think anyone can get through to her. I would still be interested in Sarahs opinion on this whole thing.. would make an interesting pod, cmon L im literally giving you content ideas and you might learn something!

Reactions: 8
I used to have loyalty to L and felt like she needed our support, but F that – her attitude and victim mentality is ridiculous. I was on the Discord last night when it kicked off and not once did anyone ‘bully’ her. Any constructive advice she is given by her PAYING subscribers on a private platform (Discord) is labelled as ‘bullying’ or ‘toxic’.

I’m listening to the latest podcast now. The only ‘misinformation’ here is from L herself. Her version of events on this pod is completely untrue. It’s literally L giving out to us for 40 minutes.

Some direct quotes:

• ‘I own this space’ …‘I keep getting bashed on the discord…I’m not happy with the way I’m being spoke to on Discord or Patreon… If you don’t like it, unsubscribe’. This is how she is speaking to her paying subscribers. Many of whom have supported her through the consent podcast, the covid ‘super spreaders’ post, the echo boy scandal, amongst others.

• ‘I don’t care if you pay me a fiver, just go’ I think a lot of subscribers are about to take this advice.

• ‘I feel like I have to keep justifying that I’m not a certain type of person. I’m giving myself the month off in December to breathe... I need the month to cop myself on with the scheduling’ I feel this is a good idea. She is clearly struggling to stay on top of things.

• ‘I’m struggling to record right now ‘cause I am sick’ - which would be fair enough if this wasn’t a CONSTANT thing of Podcasts not happening, or being late. There is always an excuse.

• She keeps going on about pausing the Patreon payments but still providing content. In the last 2 months she has earned €400 from Patreon. She says this in a way that we should pity her for this.

• I had to rewind and listen to this part twice. She is literally censoring us 😅 we are not allowed be anything except positive towards her - ‘If you’re gonna be writing to me under this post in a negative way, I’m gonna delete them. You’re not paying me to talk to me like that…I’m deleting the Discord for December and bringing it back in the new year in a smaller frame and its gonna be just positive…I’m not gonna be having this bullying…’

• She mentions the lawsuit- ‘I’m being sued…I know my rights…I am gonna get a god damn good solicitor, I have one lined up’

The podcast is an angry rambling mess. A highlight was definitely -

‘I don’t need you to be telling me how to run my business.’ Yes, because it’s going so well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I am not comparing her to Joanne McNally but Joanne McNally did Bite Me about her eating disorder after years of treatment, understanding herself and the disorder. There's another comedian Daniel Sloss who has a great set where he talks about rape, but it's a kind of frog in the frying pan scenario. I encourage anyone (especially Lindsay) to watch it on YouTube because he talks about sexual assault and the predators that walk amongst us. Its brilliantly executed. Should be on YouTube.
My long winded point is dark subjects can be broached on these stages if you have overcome these demons yourself. As someone on discord said, the audience is not your therapist.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The month off thing is still kinda blowing my mind. No amount of time off and “breathing” is going to make you more efficient at running your business. What will, is getting stuck in, planning and pre recording episodes and listening to your customers. She’s tried the whole month off thing what, 3 times now? She’s on a hamster wheel

Reactions: 19
You need a level of intelligence and self awareness for those jokes to work, L is clearly lacking both.

Reactions: 10
“Other comedians” say offensive tit and get backlash to it… I don’t think anyone says offensive tit and just gets away with it. If she’s gonna go down the route of being offensive like her beloved Ricky Gervais (who sometimes gets it wrong and sometimes walks the line perfectly) she needs to grow a much thicker skin.

Reactions: 7
She doesn't want to work, simple as.
Only digging a hole for herself with the limited subscribers she still has, who might have given her the benefit of the doubt when it came to her accusations about Jenny...sure it's clear as day now that Jenny did the heavy lifting with the pod.
It's disappointing for her I'm sure, a lucrative career for not a lot of work, other than planning topics and a proper recording schedule, but Lindsay just isn't that type of person. Why she didn't hire a producer to help her, I'll never understand.

Reactions: 13
Nobody trashes anyone’s name harder than someone who’s afraid of that person telling the truth. Jenny, I beg, come with those receipts !!

Reactions: 15
Yeah and she has done some shows. Is she trying to say shd has made nothing from the shows? lol
Maybe that €400 has come from the annual subscriptions since the monthly payments are paused. She will defo have made a bit of money from the shows, but not nearly as much as she would have if each date was sold out, which they weren’t. I’d say the promoters are kicking themselves since they could have had different acts in for the month of November to actually make some money.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.