Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alex Steadman is getting a lot of criticism for her post in support of Palestine

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Don’t be silly, why would they be? 90% of this thread is closeted anti-semites!
Correction anti Zionist specifically the terrorist aspect of Zionism and also the lying aspect.
Jewish people are most welcome and they deserve empathy and respect there is a difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m confused about anti Zionist/Zionism. Because on these threads many people have said they aren’t against Israel and don’t have a problem with a Jewish state but they have an issue with how the Israeli government is and how it treats Palestinians. Which I thought was the general view most people had. From speaking to Jewish people and looking it up online, etc Zionism means the development and protection of Israel.
Now I agree that Israel should exist, I believe Israelis should be safe. I do not agree with their government, I think it is extremist and has damaged both their own people and Palestine. So this would make me a Zionist, and as other people on this thread have said previously that they agree with Israel existing then they would be Zionist. So when people say they are anti Zionist does this mean they don’t believe in Israel’s existence? Currently it seems like Zionism/Zionist has become a slur when the phrase actually isn’t?

Reactions: 3
The calling bullshit on anything relating to Israel on this thread is laughable but as soon as some “news”comes out of Gaza you all take it as bible. The setback to the hostage exchange is because Hamas won’t allow the Red Cross in see the remaining Israeli hostages. They also want to hand them to Egypt and not to the Red Cross but you all blame it on Israel and that’s where your anti-Israel/anti-semitism is showing!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
The calling bullshit on anything relating to Israel on this thread is laughable but as soon as some “news”comes out of Gaza you all take it as bible. The setback to the hostage exchange is because Hamas won’t allow the Red Cross in see the remaining Israeli hostages. They also want to hand them to Egypt and not to the Red Cross but you all blame it on Israel and that’s where your anti-Israel/anti-semitism is showing!
They want to hand them to Egypt via the Red Cross? And the IDF keeps firing on the Red Cross?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Israel would ignore the UK's call for a ceasefire, but the point would be symbolic. It would mean that the historical unconditional support of the UK for zionism since 1917 (Balfour declaration) has stopped and it would be a big blow in Netanyahu's politic. The UK is also a good diplomatic force with strong intelligence, not having them on Israel's side would be another blow. Besides, a call for ceasefire would mean a call for stopping the supplying of weapons to Israel (and other financial aids) and an active support for Palestine (which, up until now, has been quite passive). It would also pressure other Western governments (notably the US) to follow.
I’m confused about anti Zionist/Zionism. Because on these threads many people have said they aren’t against Israel and don’t have a problem with a Jewish state but they have an issue with how the Israeli government is and how it treats Palestinians. Which I thought was the general view most people had. From speaking to Jewish people and looking it up online, etc Zionism means the development and protection of Israel.
Now I agree that Israel should exist, I believe Israelis should be safe. I do not agree with their government, I think it is extremist and has damaged both their own people and Palestine. So this would make me a Zionist, and as other people on this thread have said previously that they agree with Israel existing then they would be Zionist. So when people say they are anti Zionist does this mean they don’t believe in Israel’s existence? Currently it seems like Zionism/Zionist has become a slur when the phrase actually isn’t?
It's such a difficult and complex situation. And there is such anger and obfuscation on both sides that it's a really difficult thing to navigate. When you're in a position where simple words and phrases are taken and twisted and used as propaganda it's really easy to get tripped up and accused of antisemitism or islamaphobia even when you don't feel that way at all.

I think that the vast vast majority of people everywhere would like a two state solution. With Palestinians and Israelis living in peace, side by side with equal rights and democratic governance for all. The biggest issue with that is that neither Hamas or the current Israeli government want that. And I honestly don't think the leaders on either side give the smallest tit about the general population they are supposed to be representing. They want power and all the power and duck anyone who gets in the way.

I truly believe thar the only hope for peace between Palestine and Israel is to start integrating the children. Children aren't stupid and I can't imagine how destructive it is to a child's psyche to live every day essentially being told that your neighbours hate you. They hate you and everyone you love and they want to wipe you from the face of the earth. That's happening on both sides and its constant - even when the parents themselves don't believe it. A constant subtle undercurrent of fear. Its horrible and it will never stop until somebody has the balls to say enough, we need to spend time together and understand that we are all just people.

Otherwise this will never end, just generation after generation ruled by fear. And the only winners are the disgusting men at the top who have all the power and nothing to be scared of.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well you can’t hardly blame Hamas as in not trusting the Israelis they’ve hardly been honest brokers themselves as long as they are coming home why not hand them to Egypt what difference does it make in the grand scheme of things ?

Reactions: 8
I am anti any country that goes into another country, flattens it, kills their children, kills and wounds their population. Destroys their hospital and schools which were supposed to be places of safety. I am anti a country that tells the 'opposition' population to go one way and then chooses to bomb that pathway. I am anti any country that deprives another of water, of food, of fuel. I am against any country that allows newborn infants to die in their incubators because the hospitals they are in have no resources. I am anti any country that rains white phosphorus down on a population who have no protection. I am anti any country that goes into another, in a complete seige, cutting the population off and preventing them from leaving. I am against any country that use indiscrimate attacks, causing mass civilian casualties. I am against any country that targets those bringing relief aid into a country. I am against all that. And if that makes me anti Israel then so be.

There is a huge difference between being anti-Israel and an anti-semite.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There is a massive difference between not trusting Netanyahu and the IDF and antisemitism. These people kill their own rather than let them be taken as hostage. They killed their own as well as Hamas on 7th October. They have indiscriminately killed thousands of innocent people since then calling it “defence”. Not being ok with this is not antisemitism. I don’t think you will find anyone here has had a problem with Jewish people per se, just the government and the IDF. That is not antisemitism. You have probably seen the Islamophobic stuff posted on here from others. Showing that is not antisemism.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Run out of fuel but rockets are still being sent into Israel? Destroying schools and hospitals because Hamas use them as their bases. You are so bias and will not see a different perspective. Don’t get me wrong, I do not agree with the killing of innocent civilians AT ALL. It’s heartbreaking how many innocent Palestinians have lost their lives many of them because of the IDF BUT at the fault of Hamas! So if you are anti any country that does any of what you have said above, I assume you are also anti-Palestine then for kidnapping and killing innocent civilians on the 7.10? Or do you agree with everything that Hamas did?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
But that means you blame the people as well as the government?
Yup. Same as I blame "us" for our Government abusing their power in Iraq etc.. Human populations suck at rising up and protesting/overthrowing what is wrong.

We just let history repeat itself. "We" said never again, never again is now.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.