Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took a wander over to the American press never again they are justifying this 💩
There is a huge pro Israeli march planned with class A security hmm that says it all really doesn’t it 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I took a wander over to the American press never again they are justifying this 💩
There is a huge pro Israeli march planned with class A security hmm that says it all really doesn’t it 🙄

What the actual f*ck is happening

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Seen on both Reuters and Channel 4 that impending/current rainfall is about to worsen the humanitarian situation in Gaza. Source: Al Jazeera

The start of the rainy season and the possibility of flooding has increased fears that the enclave’s damaged sewage system will be overwhelmed and will cause disease to spread.

“When I would go to Gaza and there would be just a few drops of rain, the streets would just flood because the systems are not good enough to absorb and do all the absorption and sewage and the water management, so the streets would flood. This is on a normal day,” said Juliette Touma, UNRWA’s director of communications.

The World Health Organization said last week that Gaza faced an increased risk of the spread of disease.

“We’re very concerned. We’ve already got outbreaks of diarrhoeal diseases. We’ve already recorded well over 30,000 cases when we would normally expect 2,000 cases in the same period,” WHO spokesperson Margaret Harris said.

The Norwegian Refugee Council said the start of the rainy season could mark “the most difficult week in Gaza” since the conflict began.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

What the actual f*ck is happening
I often wondered how in the hell the Holocaust was allowed to happen and also thinking that it was so heinous how could people do that and why didn’t anyone stop it as in the German people.
I now know when you read the comments of people online it’s actually quite sick and also the world’s politicians that are complicit in this massacre up to their necks. The world is officially morally bankrupt.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Why is he intent on making his party entirely unelectable..
---
Seen on both Reuters and Channel 4 that impending/current rainfall is about to worsen the humanitarian situation in Gaza. Source: Al Jazeera

The start of the rainy season and the possibility of flooding has increased fears that the enclave’s damaged sewage system will be overwhelmed and will cause disease to spread.

“When I would go to Gaza and there would be just a few drops of rain, the streets would just flood because the systems are not good enough to absorb and do all the absorption and sewage and the water management, so the streets would flood. This is on a normal day,” said Juliette Touma, UNRWA’s director of communications.

The World Health Organization said last week that Gaza faced an increased risk of the spread of disease.

“We’re very concerned. We’ve already got outbreaks of diarrhoeal diseases. We’ve already recorded well over 30,000 cases when we would normally expect 2,000 cases in the same period,” WHO spokesperson Margaret Harris said.

The Norwegian Refugee Council said the start of the rainy season could mark “the most difficult week in Gaza” since the conflict began.
This is so true.

But so hard to sit back and watch, and ultimately be unable to change. I mean we can vote with our feet and protest, but so long as our Government's and big business are complicit in assisting Israel what can we really do?

When this is history in 100 years time they will sit and say why didn't anyone do anything, the same way we do about the Holocaust.

Shame on us as a society. Individually I think the majority of us on this thread have it, and that fire in our bellies. But we can't effect any change in Government. It makes me so angry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
One of the speakers at the 'pro Israel march' is John Hagee, a pastor, who is famous for his antisemitism... (but he hates muslims too, so I guess that's what matters 🤷‍♀️)

Oh, US House Speaker Mike Johnson is also talking at the march: a homophobic Republican who wants to suppress abortion rights. Oh wait, I thought it was only Palestinians who were anti-LGBT+ and suppressing women's human rights :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Why is he intent on making his party entirely unelectable..
---

This is so true.

But so hard to sit back and watch, and ultimately be unable to change. I mean we can vote with our feet and protest, but so long as our Government's and big business are complicit in assisting Israel what can we really do?

When this is history in 100 years time they will sit and say why didn't anyone do anything, the same way we do about the Holocaust.

Shame on us as a society. Individually I think the majority of us on this thread have it, and that fire in our bellies. But we can't effect any change in Government. It makes me so angry.
Agree. That feeling of helplessness hits me often. But it’s too important to continue. All we can do is continue to talk about what’s happening, whether it’s on here, other platforms, with friends and family - we need to be the voice for the people who don’t have one.

Keep marching, keep lobbying MPs, keep challenging those who say it is justified. Compared to what Gazans face, it’s the least any of us can do.

ETA not just Gazans, people in the West Bank and the hostages on both sides. All need our voices.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Agree. That feeling of helplessness hits me often. But it’s too important to continue. All we can do is continue to talk about what’s happening, whether it’s on here, other platforms, with friends and family - we need to be the voice for the people who don’t have one.

Keep marching, keep lobbying MPs, keep challenging those who say it is justified. Compared to what Gazans face, it’s the least any of us can do.

ETA not just Gazans, people in the West Bank and the hostages on both sides. All need our voices.
I agree it’s seems like an uphill battle there are so many tit people and so many tit politicians you start thinking what’s the actual point because they believe what they want to believe and even if you prove beyond doubt that something is fake or wrong it’s like talking to a brick wall.
Misinformation is being stated as fact and taking so much attention from the real issues and even if it’s fake some will still believe it so I guess that’s kinds the point. The thing that keeps me going is the fact that this is what they want they want it to seem impossible they want you to feel defeated and that’s what should keep us going. Nothing good comes without a struggle.

Reactions: 10
US President Biden is falling back into line.

US claims it has own evidence Hamas is using hospital

The US has said it has unspecified intelligence that Hamas is using al Shifa hospital - Gaza's biggest - to run military actions.

The White House's national security council spokesperson, John Kirby, said: "We have information that confirms that Hamas is using that particular hospital for a command and control mode."

He added the facility is also probably being used to store weapons.

"That is a war crime," he said.

When asked about evidence to support the claim, Mr Kirby said it "comes from a variety of intelligence sourcing" but wouldn't be more specific.

lcimg-85cb2ecf-0fdc-48e4-883b-d36d3850c820.png

However, he also said those alleged actions by Hamas do not lessen Israel's responsibility to protect civilians.

"We do not support striking a hospital from the air," he said. "Hospitals and patients must be protected."

The US also does not want to see "a firefight in a hospital", he added.

The Israel Defence Forces believes Hamas is hiding in tunnels under hospitals, but the group denies this and says Israel is targeting civilians.

A Hamas official said this afternoon that 25 of 35 hospitals in Gaza are out of use since Israel's bombardment and ground invasion of the besieged territory.

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/israel-g...d-inside-childrens-hospital-basement-12978800

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
US President Biden is falling back into line.

US claims it has own evidence Hamas is using hospital

The US has said it has unspecified intelligence that Hamas is using al Shifa hospital - Gaza's biggest - to run military actions.

The White House's national security council spokesperson, John Kirby, said: "We have information that confirms that Hamas is using that particular hospital for a command and control mode."

He added the facility is also probably being used to store weapons.

"That is a war crime," he said.

When asked about evidence to support the claim, Mr Kirby said it "comes from a variety of intelligence sourcing" but wouldn't be more specific.

View attachment 2571657
However, he also said those alleged actions by Hamas do not lessen Israel's responsibility to protect civilians.

"We do not support striking a hospital from the air," he said. "Hospitals and patients must be protected."

The US also does not want to see "a firefight in a hospital", he added.

The Israel Defence Forces believes Hamas is hiding in tunnels under hospitals, but the group denies this and says Israel is targeting civilians.

A Hamas official said this afternoon that 25 of 35 hospitals in Gaza are out of use since Israel's bombardment and ground invasion of the besieged territory.

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/israel-g...d-inside-childrens-hospital-basement-12978800
USA - “trust me bro”
Iraq war springs to mind

Reactions: 15
One of the speakers at the 'pro Israel march' is John Hagee, a pastor, who is famous for his antisemitism... (but he hates muslims too, so I guess that's what matters 🤷‍♀️)

Oh, US House Speaker Mike Johnson is also talking at the march: a homophobic Republican who wants to suppress abortion rights. Oh wait, I thought it was only Palestinians who were anti-LGBT+ and suppressing women's human rights :unsure:
It’s beyond odd that they keep throwing their lot in with actual antisemites whilst accusing everyone who is critical of them of antisemitism.

Reactions: 15
The double standards are phenomenal ..

I think Belarra says it perfectly in her tweet message (I certainly don't want to be an accomplice to the perpetrators of such horror that's been inflicted upon so many innocent civilians):

And speaking about the way Palestinians are dehumanised, she's absolutely right..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
US claims that Hamas using Gaza hospitals harken back to false narrative of WMDs in Iraq
Al Jazeera's senior political analyst

There’s only one thing that comes to mind [with Washington saying it has ‘information’ Hamas is using Gaza hospitals] and I think it comes to mind [for] almost every person watching us today … weapons of mass destruction.

They haven’t found a single weapon of mass destruction in Iraq after they destroyed the entire country. And this was based on “solid intelligence” that was presented at the United Nations by Secretary of State Powell.

Colin Powell staked his own credibility 20 years ago and told the world, ‘Trust us. There [are] weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.’ Iraq was destroyed and there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Here we are again. The Americans are saying, ‘Trust us.’

Insofar as the intelligence is concerned, I think there’s something very important that was ignored, I think, intentionally. About 10 days ago, Hamas proposed for the United Nations to send independent observers to the hospitals to find out for themselves; to look under and over and inside and so forth, and to report … That call was ignored.

But I think there’s still room for that call. I think those so-called, infamous “humanitarian pauses” could allow for an international delegation to go in to check for themselves.

The problem with Israel and the United States [is] they continue to say ‘trust us’. But so far, they have provided not a shred of evidence for what they’re saying.

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/live...aeli-attacks-displace-700000-children-in-gaza

Reactions: 11
For the people asking for proof that the old Palestinian gentleman was killed after the Israeli propaganda. WARNING upsetting image please remove if it upsets anyone.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
You have to feel for these poor people, we all want Hamas defeated, hostages rescued but this cant be the way

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Jeez, this netinyahoo and his crappy threats

]

Sounds like he's planning something.

Why are he and his cronies able to hold everyone to ransom??! I mean, we can all see with our own eyes what's going on and it feels like some sort of black mirror episode as though we know what's happening ... an actual genocide in real time and in plain sight, but the party leaders of each country act like everything's is fine with this.

also, I think there's an element of truth to this...

And definitely truth to this...

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.