Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His mum is so proud 🤗
Its radicalisation from a young age. The Israelis are taught to hate the Palestinians and vice versa. They are taught not to see each other as human, to see each other as people entitled to live peaceful, happy lives.

I cant see this ever ending any time soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I often wonder if the relentless attacks (particularly this one) come from Holocaust trauma passed down from their Grandparents and Great Grandparents. There must have been a seething anger from those that came from Europe and because it was probably never addressed at the time, it has passed down the generations. And now we're a few generations in it's now happening on the Palestinian side too. Unfortunately I think it will take a few more generations until there is anything close to peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I often wonder if the relentless attacks (particularly this one) come from Holocaust trauma passed down from their Grandparents and Great Grandparents. There must have been a seething anger from those that came from Europe and because it was probably never addressed at the time, it has passed down the generations. And now we're a few generations in it's now happening on the Palestinian side too. Unfortunately I think it will take a few more generations until there is anything close to peace.
I had the same thought many times! I wonder why this has never been addressed in the media or in documentaries, I also have not seen any psychologists talk about it on YouTube.

I had the same thought many times! I wonder why this has never been addressed in the media or in documentaries, I also have not seen any psychologists talk about it on YouTube.
They've done one about Jews in England but never seen any about the people that went to Israel straight after the war.

Reactions: 6
Im struggling to see a connection with why the Israelis would dislike Arabs when the Holocaust occurred in Europe at the hands of the European and despite the horrors that were inflicted on them, the US, their closest alley, refused Jewish immigrants. Surely there is nobody so far removed from their trauma than the Palestinians?

I thought about this in relation to my own experience of how Irish Catholics in diaspora felt hatred towards the British, what’s the new buzz word, ahh yeah, generational trauma. My mother supported the actions of the IRA, she’d learned from her mother, who was displaced Irish, how they’d lived under the brutal colonial regime. As a child I would hear her applaud their actions and speak negatively about the British in Ireland. I too, as a child, felt an allegiance with the cause of the IRA, despite never experiencing any of the things they were fighting for, because my mother held this resentment, it obviously rubs off, they say parents are our first teachers. Whilst my mother clearly carried this anger she never went out and behaved violently against the British because of what they did to her mother and ancestors. There are millions of Irish descent in Britain who haven’t either.

For me the comparison here would be like me or any of the displaced Irish descendants going to live in France and hating the French because of what the British did in Ireland.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Really well put together timeline/graphics explaining what’s happening in Gaza

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.