Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Israelis are celebrating this national hero today. The UK government and opposition think we are extremists to oppose this.

I can't understand how they can have soo much hatred in them. Their lives must be miserable having harboured all this hatred.

Reactions: 9
Oh oh 🔺🔺🔺 Military standing doing nothing - lawless. They should just open up and let them in, see how well that works

The Israelis got the free pier at Gaza for the oil/natural gas shipments then they take over control of all checkpoints into Gaza and now IOF backed West Bank settlers are stopping aid getting to Gaza.

Would the aid go through the West Bank and then Israel before it gets to the West Bank.

Reactions: 6
Social Media portals show horrid content from both sides of the conflict. Such slaughter and suffering of innocent civilians is abhorrent and inhumane, I think we can all agree 🙏🏻

Gives a variety of sources for current activity in the conflict (and in all current conflicts over the world).

Let’s hope for resolution asap. Does anyone know when the next peace talks are scheduled?

Israel wants the circa 100 hostages returned and obliteration of Hamas. I feel the hostages may no longer be alive, at least some of them.

Reactions: 4
Who Hamas? So you would say that 7/10 could be rationalised through Generational trauma - ok I can get on board with that theory. It’s just you only mentioned the holocaust.
Inter generational trauma is an explanation and not a justification or a rationalisation as to why a group of people's descendants inflict trauma on another group of people.
Mentioning the holocaust is relevant because of the fact that many Israelis grandparents or great grandparents were survivors of the holocaust in Europe. Trauma can affect how an individual parented their child (say a PTSD sufferer parent becomes easily angered at a child and then when that child becomes a parent, he/she behaves similarly towards his or her child and then the generation after that takes anger out on other groups of people and so on - through various methods through who they vote for etc)
---
Im struggling to see a connection with why the Israelis would dislike Arabs when the Holocaust occurred in Europe at the hands of the European and despite the horrors that were inflicted on them, the US, their closest alley, refused Jewish immigrants. Surely there is nobody so far removed from their trauma than the Palestinians?

Personal opinion:

Firstly they fundamentally believe they have a right to that land. Why have just a part when you can have it all? They have forgotten the kindness they were shown.

The British had promised support for Arab independence, but facilitated Jewish immigration and land purchases instead.

With the White Paper ruling, Jewish immigration was only supposed to 75,000 over five years with restrictions on land purchases. The number of immigrants pouring after the second world war was heavily exceeded and this would create tension with the Arabs, giving rise to the “ Us versus you “ mentality.
---
(Not sure if ruling is the right word,but it’s a policy)

The children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are not the exact same individuals who suffered the atrocities of the holocaust themselves, they would been affected by traumatized/PTSD sufferer parents. So when there was tension between the Israeli government and Arabs who objected to the presence of Jewish immigrants, the"Us versus you" mentality, they had/have a ",got them before they would have got us" mindset due to fear that a situation like the holocaust would happen to them, like what happened to/ was perpetrated on their parents, grandparents and great grandparents such as the 1967 six day war, the Yom kippur war and the present conflict.

Last edited:
Inter generational trauma is an explanation and not a justification or a rationalisation as to why a group of people's descendants inflict trauma on another group of people.
Mentioning the holocaust is relevant because of the fact that many Israelis grandparents or great grandparents were survivors of the holocaust in Europe. Trauma can affect how an individual parented their child (say a PTSD sufferer parent becomes easily angered at a child and then when that child becomes a parent, he/she behaves similarly towards his or her child and then the generation after that takes anger out on other groups of people and so on - through various methods through who they vote for etc)
I’m sorry but I’m aware of this. I’m not denying this, but this thread is about Palestine too and my point which seems to be completely ignored is that GT doesn’t just apply to one set of people in this conflict. It applies to both. So if we can use GT to “explain” why a young boy is destroying food for starving people, then we must equally be able to use GT to “explain” the behaviour of the actions of Hamas. That young lad may well have GT but would it not apply to the young men of Hamas?

The Nakba wasn’t mentioned, the Nakba and dozens of other massacres that have been inflicted on the Palestinian people for 75 years. The men who now serve in Hamas will also have had grandparents or great grandparents that survived the Nakba and other massacres and then add your description of Trauma and PTSD to that group of people.

Do you see this? GT isn’t exclusive. I can’t stress this point enough. The Palestinians have been traumatised just because theirs began 75 years ago and is still ongoing doesn’t make it any less relevant.

ETA - the original OP in relation to that particular incident (the boy trashing the food) described how there must be “seething anger” from the European Jews who arrived in Palestine. What type of anger are the Palestinians allowed in this scenario?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Absolutely deranged 🤬 Come on deniers and apologists, let’s hear you justify this then?
There are no deniers or apologists for the sabotaging of delivery of aid by a group of Israeli youth, this was shown on mainstream news .
I think they do this because they believe ( because of the particular media sources in Israel that they listen to) that hamas hijack the trucks and take all the food aid for themselves. They either ignore or don't know the fact that at this stage, there is unlikely to be many hamas members left and that the leader of hamas apparently lives in Qatar.
The majority of the victims of the Israeli government and military have been innocent civilians/non combatants.

Reactions: 3
I’m sorry but I’m aware of this. I’m not denying this, but this thread is about Palestine too and my point which seems to be completely ignored is that GT doesn’t just apply to one set of people in this conflict. It applies to both. So if we can use GT to “explain” why a young boy is destroying food for starving people, then we must equally be able to use GT to “explain” the behaviour of the actions of Hamas. That young lad may well have GT but would it not apply to the young men of Hamas?

The Nakba wasn’t mentioned, the Nakba and dozens of other massacres that have been inflicted on the Palestinian people for 75 years. The men who now serve in Hamas will also have had grandparents or great grandparents that survived the Nakba and other massacres and then add your description of Trauma and PTSD to that group of people.

Do you see this? GT isn’t exclusive. I can’t stress this point enough. The Palestinians have been traumatised just because theirs began 75 years ago and is still ongoing doesn’t make it any less relevant.

ETA - the original OP in relation to that particular incident (the boy trashing the food) described how there must be “seething anger” from the European Jews who arrived in Palestine. What type of anger are the Palestinians allowed in this scenario?
And it’s not just generational trauma Norman Finkelstein has mentioned several times that a lot of Hamas fighters are under 25 and many are orphans of previous attempts at mowing the lawn aka bombing civilians in Gaza so they have real life trauma plus generational trauma with many of these men having witnessed family members /parents and friends killed or maimed first hand.
I’m sure that a lot of Jewish kids grew up hearing about the horrors of the Holocaust but they really need to direct their venom at Germany and other European countries where the atrocities took place not at the Palestinians that took them in when they had nowhere to go.( I bet the Arabs regret that decision).

Reactions: 9
What more to say?

If we only watch one video about this situation it should be made by an unbiased production company. I’m not taking sides here but if someone showed a video from an Israeli perspective this place would be up in arms!
I think most people understand that it didn’t start on 7th October and has been going on for a considerable time. I think most people understand that both sides of the conflict believe their actions are justifiable. It was interesting to hear about how people had lived in peace in that region for hundreds of years. They didn’t mention that was under the control of the Ottoman Empire. Perhaps the answer now is to give overall control of the region to the UN with Israelis and Palestinians having a devolved amount of power in their own territories? Demilitarise both sides, take away their power, put in an international occupying force and treat them as the vicious squabbling kids they are.
I’m fed up with watching films made by both sides trying to justify the horrific treatment that they have meted out to each other over the centuries. There will not be peace until both sides accept that the only way forward is to stop killing each other and find some kind of workable compromise.
If we are going to take a side, that side should be peace and acceptance that both the Israelis and the Palestinians have a perfect right to live without fear inside safe, agreed boundaries.
---
What more to say?

If we only watch one video about this situation it should be made by an unbiased production company. I’m not taking sides here but if someone showed a video from an Israeli perspective this place would be up in arms!
I think most people understand that it didn’t start on 7th October and has been going on for a considerable time. I think most people understand that both sides of the conflict believe their actions are justifiable. It was interesting to hear about how people had lived in peace in that region for hundreds of years. They didn’t mention that was under the control of the Ottoman Empire. Perhaps the answer now is to give overall control of the region to the UN with Israelis and Palestinians having a devolved amount of power in their own territories? Demilitarise both sides, put in a peace keeping force and treat both sides like the squabbling brats they are.
I’m fed up with seeing films from both sides justifying their actions. If people want to take a side, take the side of peace, neutrality and compromise. This will not end until both sides accept that the other have a perfect right to exist and decide to coexist in safe, agreed boundaries.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.