Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shimmering

VIP Member
I've just watched the unedited Aaron Bushnell video on whatsapp. I don't recommend anyone else does.

But I want to acknowledge the absolute bravery and sacrifice of this man. I can't imagine how he suffered in his final moments and I wanted to say that I saw what he did and I honour his action.

The irony is that if it fit into the propaganda narrative our governments are feeding us then this would be headline news everywhere. As it doesn't it is being buried with hardly even a mention of why he did it.

Remember the Arab spring was sparked by a Tunisian fruit seller self immolating.

When it suits their narrative we hear all about it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
In the interest of sharing something relatively positive....

Their kindness knows no bounds, it is inherent. Kindness is something one or two on this thread could learn.

• Heart
  • Sick

avabella

VIP Member
I'm just.... beyond horrified. It's just so beyond the realms of imagination and eyes.. it's there, it's happening. I am seeing it, yet I don't want to believe it. The fear and terror the Palestinians must feel. Running from the invisible grim reaper that might come and get you at any point.... and if it doesn't get you with a bomb, it'll get you with a bullet, or through starvation. It's a lose-lose situation.

• Sad
  • Heart

carriage120217

Chatty Member
I've read it, and I don't understand your point which is why I'm asking you to clarify.
To clarify Jenocide667's point, Palestinians need free press to criticise Hamas but Israel can deliberately kill journalists (as long as it's by airstrike!) to stop the world from seeing the truth and criticising Israel. Weird, warped interpretation of free press.

Doubt there's a single Gazan that gives a flying fuck about free press right now. Is there even a newspaper printing press that hasn't been bombed?! I'm sure Hamas must've used them as human shields.

• Heart

Poppea

VIP Member
Hello everyone!
Just a quick pop in to tellyou the ICJ in The Hague has set a date for Nicaragua vs Germany.

8th of April Nicaragua
9th of April Germany

I am so looking forward to this! My guess is Germany will bring the same arguments Israel made in January.

Hamas, Hamas, Hamas, self defence, Holocaust, skirt too short.

I have written confirmation of a German MP that we are still selling arms to Israel. The email is from the 12th of March.

Please cross your fingers the ICJ will strong arm my government via provisional measures to cease the arms sales/gifts to Israel.

• Heart
  • Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Did you watch it?

Pretty sure he is on another planet. Poison is being spread by Islamic extremists.

We should reject the notion that we are on the wrong side of history.

The protests for Palestine have been the veil for small hateful groups.

A line must now be drawn. Basically no more protest. It is anti-Semitic to beam things on Big Ben supporting Palestine.

Do are America wants. Stop protesting
Stop criticising.

• Angry
  • Wow

IBH8-8

Chatty Member
On a long train journey and reading thread 2 and dearly wishing that some of those more educated, intelligent, informed, non Jew-hating people would return.
Throwing Jew-hater around as an accusation because you can never back up your nonsense with facts. Go find those people, you all deserve each other

• Heart
  • Haha

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
A realisation I had the other day.
If Israel win the war (complete the genocide) they gain the Gaza Strip.
If Hamas win the war they gain nothing, they are just fighting to hold onto what they already had and the right to exist.
No great revelation, just a realisation I had.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I have been watching all of Motaz's interviews, admittedly I don't understand the other side of the interview (French mostly) and he obviously has an interpreter in his ear. But for a just turned 25 year old he is wise beyond his years, has seen things we can't even imagine. Yet remains so humble and self-effacing.

Am sure we all saw that Bisan is going to start her weekly episodes up again

I have no idea how she finds the strength to do so when all around her is such devastation. She is so meek and humble.

Two positive voices amidst such horor.

• Heart

Lammington

VIP Member
I did have worries early on that there will be an all-out massacre, wholesale annexing of Gaza, and then a removal of Netanyahu as the scapegoat, though not without a tidy wee retirement bonus. Those worries are very much reigniting.

I really do worry that the end-point for this will be a complete mask-off assault, after which Netanyahu will "be removed" with the US getting good press around it, but then statements about how awful it is, how sad everyone is, but that for the sake of safety for Israel and the wider Middle East, Gaza must be under full Israeli occupation.

If it is a case of removing Netanyahu for PR, I fear we may eventually see a PM Ben-Gvir.

• Sad
  • Wow

Dogmuck

VIP Member
It's amazing how one groups feelings trumps the actual lives of anothers.
It’s in incredible that we’ve got a whole load of North London women, who you wouldn’t be able to tell are Jewish by sight, fearing for their lives, when there’s been ZERO violent attacks on Jews reported, because, believe me, if there was 1 violent attack on a Jew then we would know about it, managing to change legislation, having money funnelled to them for security, having every political party cry out about their safety, every news outlet writing these fuzzy opinion pieces to fuel the narrative. Yet starving kids in Gaza, are unable to safely leave their bombed out refuges to attempt to get food because they are being sniped. No change of legislation for them, money withdrawn, no political party crying out for their safety, no news outlet writing fuzzy op eds for them. It’s infuriating and shameful the way this is playing out. I only hope that this exposes our institutions and forces a shift.

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Good edit of genocidal intent and a brief glimpse of the hell of the past few months -

I don't have words re. Aaron Bushnell and sometimes I think I'm all out of tears until they start flowing again but this tweet for me sums it up -

• Heart

carriage120217

Chatty Member
oh the figures from the ministry of made up statistics. As someone with Jewish friends I'm just angry at the rise in antisemitism.
But no Muslim friends to get angry at the rise in Islamophobia? And no Muslim friends to test your blatant Islamophobic tropes on?

Gosh you really are a neutral, reasonable voice 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Lady Macbeth having trouble getting the blood off her hands? Out, damned spot. All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.
👏 👏 👏

The irony of the user name 😂
“What, will these hands ne’er be clean”

Nope!

• Haha

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Just read an article about starvation in Rafah (I won't link it as it's in Italian). Out of desperation people are making bread with animal feed and feeding it to their kids. Israeli soldiers are shooting at them as they try to pick herbs to boil and eat.
And the worst thing is that no one cares and in fact some people truly believe the Palestinians deserve it.

• Sad

IBH8-8

Chatty Member
You are deluded. Israel is a Jewish state! Be angry at Hamas - they are the same as Isis. Majority of Palestinians rejoiced on October 7th - carried the mutuliated dead bodies of young Israeli women on motor bikes and trucks.
Genocide apologist.

Go back to thread 1 and you’ll see us condemning what happened on 7/10.

The following TWELVE threads evidence the systematic, deliberate and evil collective punishment and genocide of innocent Palestinian men, women and children.

Do one.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
This feeling of helplessness is horrible. If I had a friend in a toxic relationship I would open my home to her. The Palestinians are the victims of this toxicity from Israel, yet try as we might no one is listening.

I honestly feel like we are going to watch the obliteration of Palestine.

• Sad
  • Heart