Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moley1

Chatty Member
It is very clear that Israel is a sovereign country and is responsible for its own actions. If you have listened to Joe Biden’s public speeches recently he has clearly been getting more and more frustrated with the actions of Netanyahu and the IDF. The people responsible for the actions in Gaza are, Netanyahu, his government and the IDF.

Jen667

VIP Member
No it should have been easy for you Jen if there were any 🙄 no need for whataboutism there are no two sides in genocide and Israel will never recover from this they will always be the remembered by this Genocide and believe me more shit is gonna come out what we’ve seen is the tip of the iceberg If there was any justice in this world Netanyahu would be tried for war crimes like the terrorist he is.
He has played divide and conquer to avoid a Palestinian state he funded Hamas and strong armed Qatar when they wanted nothing to do with Hamas
Cut the bs Jen you’re either ignorant or a twat I haven’t decided either way you’re muted.
I never claimed there WERE any! Good god. I was talking about UK universities. But yes...blah blah Genocide....blah blah Zionism (neither of which anyone on this thread understands the meaning of btw).

Jen667

VIP Member
Just a wee thought on propagandistic language:
Start calling your health ministry "X"-run with the name of your current governmental party. How many people would trust the statistics from Israel's Likud-run health ministry? How about the Democrat-run health ministry? Tory-run health ministry?

Isn't it strange that Gazan health ministry sounds trustworthy, while Hamas-run health ministry immediately primes you to assume the statement should be questioned?
---

Just a query on this - might I ask why you think of everyone posting here as Jew-hating? Is it because there is opposition to Israel, or specific statements made about Jewish people or Judaism?

While I've certainly seen posts that make me uncomfortable, where there have been statements that feel or simply are outright antisemitic they've been challenged or reported and removed.
The general vibe that all Israeli's are sadistic, sociopathic scum of the earth. The ridiculous claims about Jews trying to shut down TikTok and the use of 'zionist' as a term of abuse.

Moley1

Chatty Member
Please point me in the direction of the legislation that requires the repeated passing of legislation in the US to continue and increase military aid to Israel.
I can source legislation that the US has passed to provide aid, but I have yet to see any that require the additional funding that we see consistently proposed and passed in repeated Acts.
There are various mutual defence treaties in place. There are also various contains where munitions are not supposed to be used in contravention of international law. From what I have read, the US supply so many arms that it is difficult to determine which ones have been used in breaching those laws 😕. I am not trying to defend the US but as I said earlier, these things are not necessarily straightforward and as we know, international policies moves frustratingly slowly. The US position has moved a great deal since standing “shoulder to shoulder” with Israel immediately after 7th October. The main point stands, it really doesn’t matter if the US provide arms or not. The choice where and how to use them is down to Netanyahu and his government. Biden has made it abundantly clear that whilst Israel has the right to defend itself, more care needs to be taken to minimise loss of civilians. He has made it clear that further action in southern Gaza is not supported by the US. We all wish that the US and the rest of the world could do more to stop the killing now but the responsibility lies squarely with Netanyahu’s government and other than physically taking them out, what more can the US do?

Jen667

VIP Member
Without entering into the rest of this convo, do you really think releasing the hostages would end this?

I'd happily see the hostages freed (hopefully in a controlled enough means that no more get shot as the IDF assumed they were Palestinians) immediately, but I cannot pretend I think Likud and the IDF would accept that as an end to the conflict. Do you really think they wouldn't say that while the hostages were freed, the threat from Hamas remained, and must be dealt with, aka removing as many Palestinians as they state are Hamas and all civilians in their radius?

This isn't a linear path from October 7th that started on that day. This is a recurrent conflict that has colonisation at its root, and so long as Israeli leaders are allowed to ignore international law, annex land, murder civilians, pass legislation enshrining unequal rights, and massacre with the support of their military backers, this conflict will continue.

Netanyahu and Likud's leadership have made it very clear there is no intent for a peace that involves a two-state solution. The hostages have been used as pawns by both Hamas and Likud, and pretending that a wish for their freedom is the reason 30,000 Gazans are dead is ignoring the history of this situation.
End it permanently? No. But it would bring about a ceasefire right now
---
Apropos of nothing. I've never seen footage of any British Jew taking to the streets of this country and celebrating the death of a Palestinian adult or child. Not true the other way around is it?

Jen667

VIP Member
Convenient then, that you didn’t just pop over to see how chat on Jack Grealish was going, but instead found yourself here, commenting on a day old post, on the 13th thread of a genocide that’s been going on for 5 months.

Any comments on the other points I’ve made? About Israel being an occupier, that funded Hamas, that oppressed and murdered Palestinian for decades?

You haven’t specifically stated you were an expert but you heavily imply it in almost all your posts! Go back and have a glance.
I've read several threads, I just haven't posted. I am sure I will. Thanks for concern on that. I can't remember what I posted in the past, I'm sure I offered strong opinions, don't most people here ? Aren't you doing that right now?

Jen667

VIP Member
Right, so why do you never mention them?? Why do you gloss over the atrocities that the Israeli government are responsible for every day of the last 6 months. Why don't you care about the Palestinian women and men who have be sexual assaulted by the IDF? Why don't you care that they are being forcible starved by the Israeli government and it's civilian citizens who are physically blocking aid at the boarder?

You are so hung up on one day from 6 months ago but what about the assault on the Palestinians on October 6th?? Why don't you care about that? Why not a word from you about that? Why don't you care about the rise in Muslim hate crimes? The Muslims who have actually been killed since October 7th in other countries because of the stroking of hate and dehumanisation by the Israeli, British and US government's??

You don't care about Palestinians. It's evident from every word.
So why bother asking then?

Jen667

VIP Member
The difference is Islamophobic attacks are physical one boy was stabbed to death and another two uni students were shot and even in the uk attacks are rampant it’s not imaginary it’s actual attacks.
Incidents have increased by 365%
The attacks on Jewish students aren't imaginary either. But since you want to make it a contest....589% increase in antisemitic incidents. I win!!

Jen667

VIP Member
If you'd like to explain the point you're making, do feel free. But please don't pretend to care about the state of the press in Gaza while ignoring the fact that Israel have deliberately murdered and/or displaced most of its journalists and in many cases targeted their families too.
It was a point I was making in discussion with another poster. Nothing to do with hospitals, babies or whatever else you want to throw into the mix