Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sinead Hingston.. what do we think? Her Instagram seems to be a big selling page these days.. like she's desperate to make it as an influencer.. also the state of her house 🙈

Reactions: 4
Sinead Hingston.. what do we think? Her Instagram seems to be a big selling page these days.. like she's desperate to make it as an influencer.. also the state of her house 🙈
Had to unfollow, she was the biggest bore I ever came across.. the sound of her voice put me to sleep

Reactions: 5
Also the constant tagging of businesses/recommendations to get freebies for her herself and tagging other pages in the hope of a shoutout.

Reactions: 1
I've only just discovered this thread. I'd no idea it existed. About a year ago OBW was looking for advice on something and I had some experience so I made a suggestion to her and she sent me back the snarkiest voice note back. Wished I hadn't bothered spending the time to write out the message. An absolute dose. She needs to have a long hard look at herself. No way is she fit to be the only parent for a child.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I've only just discovered this thread. I'd no idea it existed. About a year ago OBW was looking for advice on something and I had some experience so I made a suggestion to her and she sent me back the snarkiest voice note back. Wished I hadn't bothered spending the time to write out the message. An absolute dose. She needs to have a long hard look at herself. No way is she fit to be the only parent for a child.
that's not a nice thing for her to do - especially as she's all positive vibes and magical thinking.

Her Greek holiday is continuing on in case anyone hasn't been looking. Some more dental work, hanging with the serum gals,
she cleaned her BnB and she has another scan next week as the cyst is still there when she was looked at yesterday. Bit more fertility talk about holding off on meds and doing a natural cycle, didn't make a lot of sense to me tbh because she's never been the best at explaining that side of it.

Asked followers to share her page with anyone else going through fertility treatment so she can "help". Yet again, back to
this. It may be well meaning but she's frequently inaccurate in what she says about fertility treatment and doesn't really seem to understand what drugs she's taking a lot of the time. She makes it sound a lot more complicated than it actually is.

Reactions: 6
That’s really nasty of her. You probably didn’t tell her what she wanted to hear and gave her a dose of reality. Anything other than angel healing and positive vibes and airy fairy nonsense doesn’t seem to go down well with her.

If you haven’t watched her live, her next plan preparing for if this cycle with Serum doesn’t work is to move to a country in SE Asia like Thailand or Cambodia, volunteer in an orphanage with the view to adopting a kid from there. This feels like madness now.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
That’s really nasty of her. You probably didn’t tell her what she wanted to hear and gave her a dose of reality. Anything other than angel healing and positive vibes and airy fairy nonsense doesn’t seem to go down well with her.

If you haven’t watched her live, her next plan preparing for if this cycle with Serum doesn’t work is to move to a country in SE Asia like Thailand or Cambodia, volunteer in an orphanage with the view to adopting a kid from there. This feels like madness now.
Holy duck... That's the talk of someone clearly unhinged!

(Her, not you!)

Whaaaaaat....?!?!

adoption isn't online shopping, ffs. You don't just go abroad because there's no kids in stock in Ireland. And afaik you still need the hse here in Ireland to sign off on you as an adoptive parent

international adoption is also really, really expensive, will she do another go fund me....?

Reactions: 7
This latest adoption update just shows she has no idea how it works. It’s not as if you volunteer there and they say ‘ah Mary is great, let’s give her her choice of the orphaned toddlers’. That’s bizarre thinking. I can’t help feeling that the clinic don’t seem to rush anything, like it doesn’t sound like she’s a great candidate for her own eggs. She’s 40, why aren’t they already just planning the donor embryo and making those plans. I get that maybe you would prefer your own eggs but at 40 I think you need to make safe decisions that might be better long term.

Reactions: 11
As far as I remember she was told at least two years ago by a clinic in Ireland that they wouldn’t use her own eggs as they had concerns about her levels and their quality. I’m sure that was devastating to hear at the time but it seems like the correct responsible decision.

As for going baby shopping in Thailand, it honestly is kind of sickening how she thinks she can just hop over to a developing country and take her pick of orphans.

Reactions: 8
Tbh it wasn't even like that. It was literally a practical thing and she just couldn't get her head around it so sent me a snotty message and then went and did something way more awkward instead.

I agree she doesn't know what she's doing half the time with the drugs, needs Penny to hold her hand every step of the way and constantly pronounces everything wrong for someone who has a platform and she doesn't seem to have a clear treatment plan at all. It's kind of like throwing mud at a wall and hoping something will stick. I liked her at the start and I actually thought fair play to her for going at it alone, but the more I followed the more I realised that she doesn't know what she is doing but I think she is addicted to it.

I didn't like the way she was bad mouthing everyone who told her she couldn't foster/adopt or get treatment in Ireland because of her bmi and then the articles had very old photos of her where she was clearly stones lighter. I just feel like she is putting her energy in the wrong places.

Reactions: 8
I think the knowing when (and how) to stop fertility treatment when you haven't been successful is one of the most difficult things to do. The slightest bit of hope is intoxicating to hold onto, and it's so easy to neglect every other aspect of life while focusing on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Absolutely. The urge to go for just one more time in case that’s the one that works must be overwhelming. That’s why I really respected her stance that this was her last round. I think her reasoning for that was financial - she’s said there’s no point having the baby but having nothing left to support them. A very valid reason that I completely respect. But there’s also the physical health, mental health, neglecting other areas of your life aspects.

I really hope this re-locating to Cambodia to “volunteer” in an orphanage in exchange for a baby is a passing mad thought and she doesn’t really pursue it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She seems very vague about her efforts to foster and adopt children in Ireland. I think if you were really keen and committed you would take steps to improve your BMI and quality of life so these options may become more available to you. Honestly, she seems very ill informed on various processes to me and it worries me she sees herself as in the position to advise others. I don't think she has bad intentions and clearly would love to be a mother but she is in la la land at the moment.

She seems very vague about her efforts to foster and adopt children in Ireland. I think if you were really keen and committed you would take steps to improve your BMI and quality of life so these options may become more available to you. Honestly, she seems very ill informed on various processes to me and it worries me she sees herself as in the position to advise others. I don't think she has bad intentions and clearly would love to be a mother but she is in la la land at the moment.
Exactly. I have a baby through my 3rd round of IVF which I am obviously very very lucky to have but my BMI was on the high side so before starting treatment I lost 3 stone. It wasn't easy and I even had counselling to deal with my issues around food but being a Mother was so important to me that I did literally everything in my power to make sure that I had the best chance. There seems to be a lot of insta fertility hunz (not just Irish) who just go to Greece so that they don't have to lower their bmi and I just think that's madness and irresponsible. Even a modest weightloss can improve fertility and reduce the potential complications a high risk pregnancy can bring.

• Heart
Exactly. I have a baby through my 3rd round of IVF which I am obviously very very lucky to have but my BMI was on the high side so before starting treatment I lost 3 stone. It wasn't easy and I even had counselling to deal with my issues around food but being a Mother was so important to me that I did literally everything in my power to make sure that I had the best chance. There seems to be a lot of insta fertility hunz (not just Irish) who just go to Greece so that they don't have to lower their bmi and I just think that's madness and irresponsible. Even a modest weightloss can improve fertility and reduce the potential complications a high risk pregnancy can bring.
Fair play to you and congratulations. I know weight loss can be so so hard. Most of us on this journey have had to alter our lifestyle, some more than others. Most of us have probably ditched or reduced the caffeine, alcohol, rubbish food and improved nutrition. I think this helped my mental health as much as physical cos it felt I was doing something practical and productive. Of course I still had treats and bad days where I needed junk but all in all I ate better and exercised more. I felt I was investing in the future so I could be a more active, healthier mother which really motivated me. Not easy though but worth it x

• Heart
well done on making those changes for your health - counselling is such a powerful tool. We all know how we should
be eating, and there's a thousand unique emotional reasons for most of us around why we aren't nourishing ourselves with food as well as we could.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I've also gone through multiple IVF rounds, and yes I'm well aware of my BMI, trying to maintain a healthy weight and eating healthy. But everyone's body's are different and some find it harder to lose weight than others. I've beat myself up enough over my body and it's infertility. But sometimes going through another fail/miscarriage/failed transfer etc that's effects my mental health and sometimes I turn to junk food. It doesn't mean I want a baby any less than someone who strictly sticks to their diet etc.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.