Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Ollie getting her dental work done out of the gofundme too??
I'm not really a Ollie fan, she's too scatty for me BUT in fairness to her she's only using the GFM for IVF treatment as that's what people donated for and her friend puts up the receipts so everything is covered. She said previously she's paying for her accomodation etc herself. I do think she should be thinking about the future though and try to save her money and not be spending it on flash hotels and pools for the day 🙈

Reactions: 5
I’m a new follower to Ollies baby wish - anyone wana give me a quick synopsis?x
I’m not a super long time follower myself but what I know is she’s been trying to have a baby for the last 3 years or so. Looked into adoption and fostering which went nowhere. Tried IUI with a clinic in Ireland which didn’t work. The clinic here told her she was unlikely to get pregnant with her own eggs so she started looking abroad, ending up with the Serum clinic in Athens.

She did a double donor IVF cycle with them last summer and got pregnant but she sadly had a miscarriage at, I think, 9 weeks. Since then she’s been raising money on a GoFundMe for more treatment. This trip has been delayed due to various mishaps - Covid, broken foot. She says it’s her last attempt and is planning on spending 3 months in Athens and has been making contact with other Irish women travelling to Serum and having them stay with her in her Airbnb.

I find her harmless generally and I do wish her well but she’s so scatty and messy and everything is a drama. The GoFundMe is a bit sketchy too imho but those who’ve donated have said she’s been updating them on where all the money raised has gone so that’s fair enough.

Despite knowing her periods and cycle better than my own up to now, now that she’s in Athens apparently having treatment, she just posts about going out for dinner and how hot Greece is. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
@Chips Obviously thank you for this!
I was so lost cos any time since I’ve started following her she is talking about homeless people and teeth and food but never once a mention of any treatment out there or even clinic appts. Why is she out there for 3 months and is she a SMBC?

Reactions: 1
She’s a SMBC and I don’t really know why she’s planning on staying there for 3 months. She’s not currently working, has qualified to be a SNA and will be away while recruitmemt is happening for the next school year which seems like a bad decision whatever way you look at it. I think it boils down to a summer in Greece sounded more fun than a summer in Dublin.

Reactions: 2
Oh no 🙈😂
Well TBF a summer in Greece would beat a summer in Dublin no matter what Bagatelle say 🤣
She has a little update this morning. She must be trying to use her own eggs this cycle x

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Now I'm sorry but how could anyone trust a person who can't get her own dental appointment date right to organise hotel transport and appointment etc?! Ollie is away with the fairies, desperately looking for signs for this that and the other from the universe on why she should be in Greece right now and should be a mum etc. Its sad and extremely worrying.

She is recommending this dentist when she hasn't even had her own treatment yet. He sounds like a good salesman telling her what she wants to hear and using her yet she is so desperate for compliments in any form she is falling for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Such a terrible idea, I dont think she's thought it through at all. So she's going to do a collaboration with some random dentist. What if her 'clients' have a bad experience? I dont think she'd be able to cope.

Reactions: 3
Why does she think people would need her help to make an appointment and book a hotel??? I would imagine most adults are capable of such a task.

Why does she think people would need her help to make an appointment and book a hotel??? I would imagine most adults are capable of such a task.
I'd say it's her way of trying to make a job for herself with the dentist. Did i read on here she was trying to get a job with serum at one point?

Reactions: 1
Building castles in the Greek sky... at least if she was in Dublin she's got her family and friends, her routine and things to keep her busy. In Greece there's none of that, and plans like this are the result.

I wonder if she had suggested this rep idea to serum, and they declined which is why we haven't been hearing anything about them and the a-mah-zing Penny lately and it's all about this new dentist.

The whole thing feels wrong to me. She's looking to be making money off people who probably don't have a lot of it to spare, and she wants to do it now before she's even had any work done with this dentist AND seen how the work holds up over time.

Her high energy scatty vibe is probably great for a drama teacher or clown doctor, but why would a reputable dentist think it makes for a good rep? Rushing around dublin and sticking her mobile phone gadget in peoples' mouths - wtf, yuck and 🤣🤣🤣?!?

People have died travelling abroad for dental work. And others have had really bad work done and if that happens good luck taking a Greek dentist to an Irish court for compensation, but Ollie there in Dublin could find herself being sued.

What is the story with her basically subletting her apartment out?

OBW paid 3 months accommodation with her Go Fund Me money, then quoted the lady staying with her as €560 for 14 nights accommodation. That seems a bit off to me. Fair these women need to pay for bed and board but all SMACKS of dodge and this side hussle of the dentist and her being some kind of rep or mediator. What planet does she live on?

Reactions: 7
The gfm money only covered 1k of accommodation if i recall correctly. She got a loan for the rest. But charging is weird considering her speil about helping others etc. And 560 for 2 weeks on a couch is lousy no matter how on peak it is.

Reactions: 6
I like to think Ol is just bored, and that's why she's trying to come up with business ideas. I think she genuinely does get a sense of fulfilment out of helping others and thinks becoming some sort of liaison would be a win-win. But I don't think there's a sustainable income in it. Surely anybody can make the arrangements she did?

Charging a woman actively having IUI / IVF treatment €560 to sleep on a sofa bed is a bit fecking cheeky if you ask me. As far as I remember the entire Airbnb was €1k per month so she’s charging this other woman the same rate Olwyn is paying the owner basically. Dodge.

Oh god I feel bad posting about her sometimes as it’s clear she’s reading here and takes criticism to heart. I know there’s absolutely no badness in her. If anything she’s probably too open and honest on Instagram. It’s just some of her ideas and some of what she thinks is ok is just mind boggling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Oh god I feel bad posting about her sometimes as it’s clear she’s reading here and takes criticism to heart. I know there’s absolutely no badness in her. If anything she’s probably too open and honest on Instagram. It’s just some of her ideas and some of what she thinks is ok is just mind boggling.
Same.

I'd have a fondness for her, everything she does is well meaning albeit sometimes bizarre - it's more infuriation at the scatty chaos that drives me here than anything else. I hope she finds her happiness, be that through this cycle working or some other way.

• Heart
On Ollie- she seems nice and harmless enough, but I really don’t think she’d cope with pregnancy and a baby.
I’m currently nearly at the end of my first pregnancy, something that was planned and very much wanted. I thought I was mentally and physically prepared for it, but now I know that NOTHING prepares you. It’s incredibly tough on you in every way.
I’m not sure she’s mature and centred enough right now.
And that’s before the baby even shows up!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.