Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've also gone through multiple IVF rounds, and yes I'm well aware of my BMI, trying to maintain a healthy weight and eating healthy. But everyone's body's are different and some find it harder to lose weight than others. I've beat myself up enough over my body and it's infertility. But sometimes going through another fail/miscarriage/failed transfer etc that's effects my mental health and sometimes I turn to junk food. It doesn't mean I want a baby any less than someone who strictly sticks to their diet etc.
I've been there and have the t shirt - and the t shirt reads "my therapists are called Ben and Jerry".

i wouldn't think you wanted a baby any less than someone else, you have insight into yourself, your mental health and what you're going through. You're not rejecting medical advice and complaining about guidelines.

sometimes the fertility hunz can be a total head wreck as it's so easy to watch and think that whatever woo woo, supplement, pilgrimage or diet they've used for the cycle that worked is the key. A lot of it is just luck (and remembering to take the meds as they've been prescribed).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’ve no intention of causing anyone hurt like she seems to be hurting over discovering Tattle. If stuff was discussed here, she’d come on and address it the next day. I assumed she was reading here but it was obviously her friends tipping her off and asking her to refute things discussed here without her knowing why. She’s just discovered Tattle and is incredibly upset by what she’s read here. I don’t think I’m an awful person for semi-publicly discussing a public page but neither do I want to add to anyone’s hurt at a difficult time. If Ollie is reading this, I wish you well and I won’t be commenting on your journey again.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve no intention of causing anyone hurt like she seems to be hurting over discovering Tattle. If stuff was discussed here, she’d come on and address it the next day. I assumed she was reading here but it was obviously her friends tipping her off and asking her to refute things discussed here without her knowing why. She’s just discovered Tattle and is incredibly upset by what she’s read here. I don’t think I’m an awful person for semi-publicly discussing a public page but neither do I want to add to anyone’s hurt at a difficult time. If Ollie is reading this, I wish you well and I won’t be commenting on your journey again.
Unfortunately that's just something you have to put up with when you have a public profile. If you're willing to accept free products, do collabs, have all of the #SP #gifted #PR, look for money via a Go Find Me, etc. then you have to be held accountable for your actions. No one wishes Ollie ill, but cop on girl, and actually take the journey seriously. Tattle isn't in her face, it's not the front page of the local paper. The only way she will know if something is written here about her, is if she comes here looking for it, or her "friends" tell her about it. I say "friends", because clearly they don't have her best interests at heart if they're running to her with everything that's discussed here.

Reactions: 10
Unfortunately that's just something you have to put up with when you have a public profile. If you're willing to accept free products, do collabs, have all of the #SP #gifted #PR, look for money via a Go Find Me, etc. then you have to be held accountable for your actions. No one wishes Ollie ill, but cop on girl, and actually take the journey seriously. Tattle isn't in her face, it's not the front page of the local paper. The only way she will know if something is written here about her, is if she comes here looking for it, or her "friends" tell her about it. I say "friends", because clearly they don't have her best interests at heart if they're running to her with everything that's discussed here.
I actually think Ollies friends are really good friends. They've been very supportive.
And tbh if she was my friend and I knew her mental health situation I'd probably choose to inform her and be her support instead of her finding out alone.

I've no bad wishes for Ollie but I do think she's away with the fairies most of the time. But she is very honest... however much her actions make no sense to me I can't deny her honesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I actually think Ollies friends are really good friends. They've been very supportive.
And tbh if she was my friend and I knew her mental health situation I'd probably choose to inform her and be her support instead of her finding out alone.

I've no bad wishes for Ollie but I do think she's away with the fairies most of the time. But she is very honest... however much her actions make no sense to me I can't deny her honesty.
If I knew someone had mental health issues, the last thing I would do is tell them about perceived negative remarks about them. The only way she could find out is if she voluntarily seeks it out, or someone tells her. Regardless, there's nothing here that isn't true. Her comments on her adoption shopping trip were atrocious, and she deserves to be called out over it, along with the holiday she's on at the moment, which is more focused on sponsored dental work than IVF.

Reactions: 7
Her thoughts on volunteering in order to adopt from a developing nation are starting send off alarm bells- she's not simply broody, she's straying into baby crazed. It's her whole life now- imagine if she somehow does end up being a mother, the pressure on that poor child after everything Ollie's willing to do to make it happen....

Ollies is a car crash, bless her but its unrealistic her goals..... and as above it is a public platform you are going to recive criticism its how you take it and deal with it. But honestly my 11 year i think has a better grasp on life than ollie somedays. But the go fund me should never had happened thats a joke. My cousin and her husband are expecting there miracle any day now aftee 7 attempt of ivf its costs thousands of euros they received there treatment here in Ireland. Im not going to say its a luxury but the cost along with there mortgage and other daily expenses but if she cannot afford treatment how will she afford a baby there not cheap!!!!

Her thoughts on volunteering in order to adopt from a developing nation are starting send off alarm bells- she's not simply broody, she's straying into baby crazed. It's her whole life now- imagine if she somehow does end up being a mother, the pressure on that poor child after everything Ollie's willing to do to make it happen....

It sounds like something you would see on true movies....

Reactions: 3
It’s a disgrace there isn’t even a single free ivf cycle here, not specifically for Ollie’s case, but in general. It’s eye watering expensive and sadly there’ll be people who can’t afford it. I don’t agree if people can’t afford ivf they shouldn’t have a baby. Most couples can probably afford one round but it’s very common to need more than one round and you’re talking at least €5k a round and that’s not taking into account how much it cost you to get to the point of moving forward with ivf. Infertility doesn’t discriminate, unfortunately in this country if you can’t afford private ivf here you won’t have a baby if you can’t have one without ivf. Must be devastating for people in that situation.

Sinead Hingston.. what do we think? Her Instagram seems to be a big selling page these days.. like she's desperate to make it as an influencer.. also the state of her house 🙈
Cant figure her out really..used to like her but now shes flogging tit like all the Insta Huns🙄

Reactions: 3
It’s a disgrace there isn’t even a single free ivf cycle here, not specifically for Ollie’s case, but in general. It’s eye watering expensive and sadly there’ll be people who can’t afford it. I don’t agree if people can’t afford ivf they shouldn’t have a baby. Most couples can probably afford one round but it’s very common to need more than one round and you’re talking at least €5k a round and that’s not taking into account how much it cost you to get to the point of moving forward with ivf. Infertility doesn’t discriminate, unfortunately in this country if you can’t afford private ivf here you won’t have a baby if you can’t have one without ivf. Must be devastating for people in that situation.
Four years of trying and no chance of affording ivf - and no magic gofundme, because who has the neck? - I can confirm it is indeed devastating to be in this situation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
When we first started ivf it said €5k for ivf. We had that spent before I even had eggs retrieved or had the money to retrieve them! All the mandatory tests and bloods and genetic tests etc we spent €13k by the time we had eggs in the freezer. That therapie add for €136 a month or whatever it is , is a con and is bad form luring in innocent people

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
When we first started ivf it said €5k for ivf. We had that spent before I even had eggs retrieved or had the money to retrieve them! All the mandatory tests and bloods and genetic tests etc we spent €13k by the time we had eggs in the freezer. That therapie add for €136 a month or whatever it is , is a con and is bad form luring in innocent people
It's just so expensive. And the upfront price has never been the final price for any cycles I did - add on things like embryoglue which is so tempting (that name is genius) and I figured siee
what's 150 euro when im spending thousands...

but- it's the gouging that really annoyed me. The viral bloods for 150 euro, my gp priced them at 60 euro and they would have gone to the same lab the clinic uses - but a v condescending admin person at the clinic told me that the wouldn't accept the as ppl and their GPs usually get the "wrong tests done". I'm assuming the clinic gets a better price from the lab due to volume. Those bloods alone is a nice earner for the clinics.

Reactions: 2
It's just so expensive. And the upfront price has never been the final price for any cycles I did - add on things like embryoglue which is so tempting (that name is genius) and I figured siee

but- it's the gouging that really annoyed me. The viral bloods for 150 euro, my gp priced them at 60 euro and they would have gone to the same lab the clinic uses - but a v condescending admin person at the clinic told me that the wouldn't accept the as ppl and their GPs usually get the "wrong tests done". I'm assuming the clinic gets a better price from the lab due to volume. Those bloods alone is a nice earner for the clinics.
We saved a lot by getting investigations done through our GP first. We had some bloods, Hycosy and SA done through the public system. We had to wait about 3 months for them but it was worth it in the long run.

That therapie add for €136 a month or whatever it is , is a con and is bad form luring in innocent people
To be fair, they do offer that through financing with a third party. Its the same as a personal loan so more affordable the longer you take out the loan for

add on things like embryoglue which is so tempting (that name is genius) and I figured siee
This annoys me so much. That and assisted hatching.. like if the embryo needs additional help it should be part of the bleeping package. Serum abroad for instance would do that as part of the overall package.

And the embryoscope, charging extra to look at the embryos with a camera instead of taking them out of the incubator. I’m sure it’s better but then should it not be the standard they are using for everyone. €5k didn’t scratch the surface for us either so I’m not surprised so many couples can’t afford it especially with often needing more than one cycle.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.