Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s why we went abroad. It’s nearly abusive what they dangle in front of you knowing full well if you don’t pay a grand extra for an “add on” you’ll blame yourself. Add one shouldn’t be allowed. It should be part of the package. So frustrating how bad the Irish system is.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Four years of trying and no chance of affording ivf - and no magic gofundme, because who has the neck? - I can confirm it is indeed devastating to be in this situation.
3 years TTC and hoping to have enough saved for our first round of IVF at the end of the summer, so sick of people asking me if I have summer holidays booked, I just wanna be like duck off, I am not going anyway or planning anything that is going to get in the way of having a baby, so sick of everyone around me getting to move on with their lives while we feel so stuck

Aine lynch has it in her highlights about the public system, think you just need a referral letter from your GP

• Heart
Reactions: 3
3 years TTC and hoping to have enough saved for our first round of IVF at the end of the summer, so sick of people asking me if I have summer holidays booked, I just wanna be like duck off, I am not going anyway or planning anything that is going to get in the way of having a baby, so sick of everyone around me getting to move on with their lives while we feel so stuck

Aine lynch has it in her highlights about the public system, think you just need a referral letter from your GP
You can’t get ivf on public system.
I’ve been through 3+ rounds and multiple set back and have spent €26000 it’s a disaster. My baby is worth it 100% but still awful there is no help

Reactions: 3
You can’t get ivf on public system.
I’ve been through 3+ rounds and multiple set back and have spent €26000 it’s a disaster. My baby is worth it 100% but still awful there is no help
Yeah it's not for IVF but for testing and I think Aine Lynch said you get two IUIs so worth a shot if you haven't got the funds to go private

Reactions: 1
Yeah it's not for IVF but for testing and I think Aine Lynch said you get two IUIs so worth a shot if you haven't got the funds to go private
Ya defo worth a shot if ovulation/unexplained issues. Unfortunately when it comes to male factor it isn’t recommended so 30% of ppl with issues have to go straight to ivf

Reactions: 2
I was told by the fertility nurse in the Coombe recently that they only do ovulation stimulation (ie clomid) and that's as far as they go? Nothing mentioned about IUIs. Have had all the tests done that the public system offer. I just don't know how people can afford it, it's not a case of "you find the money if you want it badly enough", as I've seen mentioned here. Sometimes getting that kind of money together is an impossible ask. It's wonderful for those who can of course, but it's beyond comprehension that there are no supports in this country. But then, it's never been a country for women and children.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
you find the money if you want it badly enough", as I've seen mentioned here
I think a lot of sweeping statements like these get made and often by people who have never been in the situation. It’s funny how people with no real knowledge or understanding of ivf feel best equipped to judge and advise those going through it on how to do it better.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think a lot of sweeping statements like these get made and often by people who have never been in the situation. It’s funny how people with no real knowledge or understanding of ivf feel best equipped to judge and advise those going through it on how to do it better.
Oh and actually, really helpful advice guys, if you just relax and put it all out of your mind it’ll probably just happen naturally. My cousin’s postman’s friend did that and now she has 4 sets of triplets. 🙄😠

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh and actually, really helpful advice guys, if you just relax and put it all out of your mind it’ll probably just happen naturally. My cousin’s postman’s friend did that and now she has 4 sets of triplets. 🙄😠
or the assumption that ivf will defo work, the "oh, right, you're doing ivf next month, so it's February now, so you'll have the baby in like December then?"

I can remember people being mindblown when I'd tell them the ivf cycle didn't work - and that there was no refund,
freebie cycle or repeat customer discount with the clinic

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I was told by the fertility nurse in the Coombe recently that they only do ovulation stimulation (ie clomid) and that's as far as they go? Nothing mentioned about IUIs. Have had all the tests done that the public system offer. I just don't know how people can afford it, it's not a case of "you find the money if you want it badly enough", as I've seen mentioned here. Sometimes getting that kind of money together is an impossible ask. It's wonderful for those who can of course, but it's beyond comprehension that there are no supports in this country. But then, it's never been a country for women and children.
This is just from Aines highlights, might be worth a call to the Coombe or your GP again, I have searched high and low for your some sort of HSE doc on this and can't find anything which is crazy

Also the merion clinic have a fund that you can apply, possible SIMS do as well

Impossible to get 10k together just like that, we will be saving long and hard as unfortunately IUI won't work for us as ICSI is our only option

Attachments

• Heart
I’ve never posted here before and only became aware of this site when Ollies Baby Wish posted about it last week. I follow Ollie and a lot of people I know also do. Me and my husband are attending Serum for fertility treatment. This is something I have really struggled with and have chosen not to share with most of my friends. It’s an incredibly personal and private journey for me and something I’m not ready to share. I recently attended the hospital where Ollie is today for a procedure. The way she is walking through the hospital filming people without their consent has really upset me. If I had of been there today there is a good chance I would of been shown on her stories and my friends who follow her page would have seen me there. Ollie please respect others privacy. You are in a hospital. You have no right to walk around filming people!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve never posted here before and only became aware of this site when Ollies Baby Wish posted about it last week. I follow Ollie and a lot of people I know also do. Me and my husband are attending Serum for fertility treatment. This is something I have really struggled with and have chosen not to share with most of my friends. It’s an incredibly personal and private journey for me and something I’m not ready to share. I recently attended the hospital where Ollie is today for a procedure. The way she is walking through the hospital filming people without their consent has really upset me. If I had of been there today there is a good chance I would of been shown on her stories and my friends who follow her page would have seen me there. Ollie please respect others privacy. You are in a hospital. You have no right to walk around filming people!
Omg everyone is entitled to their privacy. Especially in a hospital setting. With something of such a sensitive nature to a lot of people going through it, they might have not told anyone they’re going for help with fertility and then there’s this one swanning about as if she’s the local tour guide showing people as clear as day! She’s maddened me this morning!

Reactions: 4
Omg everyone is entitled to their privacy. Especially in a hospital setting. With something of such a sensitive nature to a lot of people going through it, they might have not told anyone they’re going for help with fertility and then there’s this one swanning about as if she’s the local tour guide showing people as clear as day! She’s maddened me this morning!
She has no idea why the people she recorded today were there. Someone could be there having a termination, someone could be there after being sexually assaulted like you just have no clue so why would you think it’s ok to record people and broadcast it to your 6000 followers. There is just such a lack of common sense with her.

She showed loads of peoples faces what is she talking about? She expects people to respect her enough not to comment about her on a public forum but she can’t respect people enough not to record them without their consent? The irony! Even the way she said “I will continue to record people on the street because it’s a public place”. It doesn’t matter if it’s a public place you do not have their consent to record and post them! As I said before, I haven’t told anyone I am doing IVF which is why I didn’t message her from my public page. I’ve no issue with her sharing her story publicly but she needs to consider others when she whips out her phone and starts recording.

Reactions: 13
Just after reading about Aines miscarriage and I’m in a ball 😢 the poor woman having to go through that I can only imagine how horrendous it was for both her and Paul, when I say I have everything crossed for them for this little baba to make it 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Sad
Just after reading about Aines miscarriage and I’m in a ball 😢 the poor woman having to go through that I can only imagine how horrendous it was for both her and Paul, when I say I have everything crossed for them for this little baba to make it 🤞🏻🤞🏻
It sounded absolutely horrific
She’s so good to share to try and help others
I love her

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I couldn’t believe when I saw her in the hospital this morning filming like she was on national television! It’s so disrespectful and very selfish. If she can find her way around the hospital I’m sure others can too. Fair play for sharing her journey and it’s so interesting the whole process. But in lots of ways she’s become very unapproachable and a know all. I don’t blame you for not messaging her about the hospital this morning. Even when she addressed it on her stories there was a tone in her voice. She wasnt happy about being told off for filming without consent again! She’s obviously glued to here. Maybe she knows she was wrong and came here to see what or if anything had been said. Public place my arse, it’s peoples privacy weather in public or not. It would make me very uncomfortable if someone walked into a hospital and was filming. I would most definitely alert staff and ask her to stop. Where are those people to know her videos will end up with their faces in them. But she doesn’t see it like that and has this sense of entitlement to do it. Even with her drawing up the doses last night her captions were all wrong. It’s very miss leading she never gets it’s right with important info like that.

• Heart
It sounded absolutely horrific
She’s so good to share to try and help others
I love her
I like that she's so careful to be clear that she's talking about her own experience and emphasises that people need to be talking with their own health team about their own situation. Too many of the fertility hunz will casually claim that everyone should be doing X, taking med Y and paying for expensive test Z.

I've my fingers and toes crossed for Aine and this pregnancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.