Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know what happened to Kim's (remaining hopeful) other dog, the pug? She never seems to be in her vids anymore, just her other dog.

Can someone tell me what the grading of the embryos mean?
It's very complex (to me anyway!) But basically an embryo is given a grade, A, B, C. Its based on a wide range of things, thickness of the outer part is one. Clearly A is the best quality, but b and c will still create a viable fetus if it implants. They'll end up a grading of a number and 2 letters, for example I have a frozen embryo that is 4BB. Anything below a c would be discarded in the clinic.

Healthy embryos will all follow the same path- its kinda cool. So They'll know a lot by day 5 if the embryo isn't exactly where it should be it's not viable

Listening to the morning after podcast and not getting their views on jacques/Paige at all??! Weird..

They implanted both! Everything crossed for her now 🤞🤞
I hope things work out for her....but I also think in her situation transferring two embryos wasn't the best idea. A twin pregnancy is riskier for anyone, but especially older mothers. I'm aware that some clinics will still transfer 2 or more embryos, especially for older patients - but I don't think it's advisable for smbcs.

One child at a time is hard enough work. unless there is live in family support (although Lisa solo mom seems to really struggle at times with her twins despite living with her parents) or loadsa money to buy support transferring multiple embryos is so risky. I know people can rise to the challenge when twins happen, but why increase the chances of it?

But, just my opinion - and her body and her choice.

Reactions: 2
(although Lisa solo mom seems to really struggle at times with her twins despite living with her parents)
Lisa hadn’t a bloody clue what she was getting into and tbh would struggle with one baby, never mind the two she has.
I hope for better in Ollie’s case.

Reactions: 6
I think they were talking about making it illegal for Irish clinics to transfer 2 embryos when they ever get around to passing the legislation here!!

32 year old Lisa transferring 2 embryos is entirely different to 40 year Ollie transferring 2
embryos. It’s much less likely both would stick for Ollie but hopefully one will. It improves her chances, I think she’s right because if they weren’t going to make it to day 5 they might not have been fit for freezing and she’s hardly going to waste it.

Reactions: 1
I'm glad she had an embryo to transfer but surely keeping 1 for a FET would be wise to see how it develops

The grading is different in Serum than my other clinics. Basically they know very little on day 2. The 1st update on day 1 is that they fertilised but a 4 or 5 cell on day 2 is just on track towards a proper grading on day 3. The A,B,C is basically grading on where the embryo has signs of fragmentation. You can't tell an awful lot at day 2 as my other post proved when they said they didnt look great and it might be a problem with my egg when mine all turned out to be AA quality day 5 Blastocysts.

I think my biggest issue with Serum was transferring too many. I was in my late 20s/early 30s and they always pushed to transferr the maximum. On the cycle that I thought I'd have no embryo and flew home they froze 3 blasts in 1 vial and I hit the roof. I would NEVER transfer 3 regardless of how many failed cycles I'd had previously. Not only with the risk of twins but even more because a multiple pregnancy has a much higher risk of miscarriage of both and complications. My pregnancies were hard enough with a single baby. Even on Donor cycles with young healthy proven donors they usually transfer two and alot of girls I know had twins. It has a very high rate of twins and triplets 🙈

I fully agree that they shouldn't transfer 2 for anyone but especially someone choosing to go it alone. One baby is a handful.

Reactions: 4
Not all embryos are the required quality for freezing. Sometimes it’s use it or lose it. She may not have had the option.

32 year old Lisa transferring 2 embryos is entirely different to 40 year Ollie transferring 2
embryos. It’s much less likely both would stick for Ollie but hopefully one will. It improves her chances, I think she’s right because if they weren’t going to make it to day 5 they might not have been fit for freezing and she’s hardly going to waste it.
Studies are showing there is a much less increase in chances of success putting two in together than the marked increase in sucess rates that comes with cumulative transfers while avoiding multiples and high risk pregnancies. So alot of clinics now transferring1 per cycle and getting higher overall success per patient.

Although financially its more expensive which is the pits when it's costing so much already.

Not all embryos are the required quality for freezing. Sometimes it’s use it or lose it. She may not have had the option.
That's exactly my problem with Serum though. If this doesn't work out and she goes again then she's none the wiser if her eggs are good enough to try again with. I think I'd prefer to know on day 3 or 5 if my embryos are arresting. That's why I always had a problem with day 2 transfers and refused them 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I suppose it's also tough that Greece is so far away, I'd imagine it'd feel different having frozen embryos there compared to here in Ireland. I used to drive past the clinic and wave at my frozen embryos, and it felt strangely comforting to see the building. (I think my fertility journey defo made me a bit loopy at times).

I do wish her well, the tww is brutal and she's doing it without the distractions of work, home and family.

It's a lot cheaper freezing them in Greece than here. Actually one of the reasons i remember choosing Serum was because they were one of the 1st to invest in a few freezing system so it had a huge benefit as you weren't loosing embryos when they thawed.
I think it was 1k to freeze mine per vial but that fully included the FET so was definitely cheaper than here.

to invest in a New freezing system
Edited to say New as opposed to few 🤦‍♀️

I used to drive past the clinic and wave at my frozen embryos, and it felt strangely comforting to see the building. (I think my fertility journey defo made me a bit loopy at times).
It's made me loopy too then 😂 I don't live in the same city as my clinic but anytimes I'm nearby and passing, I always think or say "Heeeyyyy *****" to my wee Embryos I've given nick names to lol.

I really hope this works for Ollie. I would also worry about transferring the two embryos and having a high risk pregnancy at her age. But I do wish her well 🤞🤞🙏🙏

Studies are showing there is a much less increase in chances of success putting two in together than the marked increase in sucess rates that comes with cumulative transfers while avoiding multiples and high risk pregnancies. So alot of clinics now transferring1 per cycle and getting higher overall success per patient.

Although financially its more expensive which is the pits when it's costing so much already.

That's exactly my problem with Serum though. If this doesn't work out and she goes again then she's none the wiser if her eggs are good enough to try again with. I think I'd prefer to know on day 3 or 5 if my embryos are arresting. That's why I always had a problem with day 2 transfers and refused them 🤷‍♀️
What are the chances realistically that she is going to end up with a multiple pregnancy? The risk of that is much lower at her age and clinics in Ireland absolutely do also transfer 2 embryos for 40 year olds.

she has already said that this is her last attempt so worrying about the quality is neither here nor there. She has the embryos she has and that’s all she has to go with. That’s may not be what you’d do but that’s her choice.

She also said last year was her last attempt. If she had 6k ready to do double donor and this doesn't work out when it's possible she might go again.

Christ I've known girls myself included who have definitely definitely done their last cycle numerous times 🙈

If she was going ahead with double donor this week as opposed to own egg she would definitely be transferring 2 even with proven donors in their 20s. If she had 4 own egg embryos they would be pushing to put them all back.

Either way I hope its good news for her and I'm glad she has had a chance to try with her own eggs. I hope she has a lovely easy single pregnancy with no risks

Does anyone else think Sarah Burke doesn’t actually have fertility issues and is going to therapie as a collaboration and that’s why she won’t talk about it as she hasn’t a clue?
Also, what happened to the 90 cysts she claimed to have? Just upped and vanished.

I would never wish for the fertility treatment to not work for Ollie but I really don’t think she’s mature enough or organised enough for motherhood, yiu ahve to be on the ball and I just don’t feel Ollie has that get up and go about her. She’s also been without a kid for 40 years and has only had to look after herself and I know how hard the transition is as I had two between the age of 38-40 and I’m tired! It’s a lot harder when you’re older and I’d be a fit and healthy person.

Reactions: 12
Lots of mothers get pregnant without a second thought. Lots aren’t ready for it but because they’re blessed with the ability to conceive this isn’t questioned. I don’t follow Ollie and have no desire to given all that’s said about her but I wish her all the best and believe she like any other unprepared lady will rise to the challenge.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else think Sarah Burke doesn’t actually have fertility issues and is going to therapie as a collaboration and that’s why she won’t talk about it as she hasn’t a clue?
Also, what happened to the 90 cysts she claimed to have? Just upped and vanished.

I would never wish for the fertility treatment to not work for Ollie but I really don’t think she’s mature enough or organised enough for motherhood, yiu ahve to be on the ball and I just don’t feel Ollie has that get up and go about her. She’s also been without a kid for 40 years and has only had to look after herself and I know how hard the transition is as I had two between the age of 38-40 and I’m tired! It’s a lot harder when you’re older and I’d be a fit and healthy person.
So with your logic you were 38 years without a child. Those two years difference hardly made you more qualified?

So with your logic you were 38 years without a child. We won't get into the fact 18 years of that you were legally a child yourself?
How can you say she's 40 years without a child when you were 38 years yourself? A difference or two years of a 'transition'
I had a child at 23 so I could of said I've 15 years more experience than you when you had your first at 38. How would you have felt with someone saying that?
Honestly Ollie is hectic yes but your comments very oh look at me I'm the actual person with a child, judging your abilities. Forgetting that actually that was you once too.
You were also that 37/38 year old without a child but having a child.

No one regardless of age is ever prepared for their first child no matter what they say

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.