Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Olwyn has a terrible snot on her about tattle. I'd hardly call what was said here bullying rather just pointing out how wrong she was for filming in the hospital. I don't doubt that she tries to come from a good place but I just don't think she applies common sense to a lot of what she says or does. She does need to lose the attitude and the holier than thou 'I'll teach my child x y and z' shite. She's only digging herself deeper.

Reactions: 11
Ollie - I'm posting this with good intentions and I'm only trying to help. I don't think it's good for you to read here. Mentioning tattle on your Instagram is only sending more people here to discuss you.

Reactions: 7
Olwyn comes across as almost unstable at the moment. There's a huge difference between filming people on the street in the back of your insta story and filming people on the background of your insta story who are undergoing extremely sensitive medical procedures at a fertility clinic. If she doesn't get that, there is something seriously lacking. I hope it all works out for her but I also hope if it does that she can cope with a child emotionally, physically and mentally. She life and moods appear can come across as quite erratic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The people she filmed at the toy store the other day when she was getting a pool looked pissed off, I know I would be. Jesus as for a fertility clinic. Christ. She mentioned that a doctor didnt want to be filmed before. Ffs I hated that she put him in that position that he had to say no.

Reactions: 3
She sounded put out by that doctor saying no, he didn’t believe in SM. It seems it’s her way or no way! And everyone else is wrong. A Jack of all trades and a master of none!!!

Reactions: 5
Olwyn has a terrible snot on her about tattle. I'd hardly call what was said here bullying rather just pointing out how wrong she was for filming in the hospital. I don't doubt that she tries to come from a good place but I just don't think she applies common sense to a lot of what she says or does. She does need to lose the attitude and the holier than thou 'I'll teach my child x y and z' shite. She's only digging herself deeper.
Yup. And I'll teach my child to be considerate.... Maybe don't do insta stories when you are out and about so. That would be considerate. Id be raging if I or my child was in any of these insta peoples stories. Like how do they think its ok? I know its much wider than this account.

Oh and the well their face wasnt in the video anyways. Bloody hell. I'd absolutely recognise people by their clothes/walk/hair etc

Ollie - I'm posting this with good intentions and I'm only trying to help. I don't think it's good for you to read here. Mentioning tattle on your Instagram is only sending more people here to discuss you.

She probably hoping for a influx of people the deive up her followers!

Reactions: 1
She sounded put out by that doctor saying no, he didn’t believe in SM. It seems it’s her way or no way! And everyone else is wrong. A Jack of all trades and a master of none!!!
He said no the 1st day but I’d nearly swear she showed him at the 2nd scan?? I could be wrong but I picked it up as being the same doc? If that’s the case that’s awful after she asking and knowing full well he had said no!

She probably hoping for a influx of people the deive up her followers!
maybe! It is a very public way to live your life (the radio and newspaper interviews, etc in addition to Instagram) and doing so will lead to people discussing you on places like here.

i read back through this entire thread when O started talking about it - and for tattle it's actually pretty tame. There was a lot of goodwill here for her and ppl hoping it would work out for her. I get the impression most of us here have had/are going through fertility treatment - we're the crowd that literally knows how tough the journey is. Yeah; we're a bunch of bitchy pass remarkables at times, but over and over the sentiment here has been frustration at the chaotic plans she comes up with.

i hope she can find a calmness and a happiness whatever result she gets from this round of treatment.

maybe! It is a very public way to live your life (the radio and newspaper interviews, etc in addition to Instagram) and doing so will lead to people discussing you on places like here.

i read back through this entire thread when O started talking about it - and for tattle it's actually pretty tame. There was a lot of goodwill here for her and ppl hoping it would work out for her. I get the impression most of us here have had/are going through fertility treatment - we're the crowd that literally knows how tough the journey is. Yeah; we're a bunch of bitchy pass remarkables at times, but over and over the sentiment here has been frustration at the chaotic plans she comes up with.

i hope she can find a calmness and a happiness whatever result she gets from this round of treatment.
Your so right. I think ya there’s some comments that are judgemental but she is chaotic and impulsive. But most do have her best interests at heart. And only wish her well. Saying that this is all she’s ever wanted and I really hope this will be her time. Her whole life is consumed by this round and I don’t know what or how she’ll be if it’s not successful. It’s a hard road alone, and in a relationship it’s hard. I think because she knows this is her last chance she’s coming across at time very scatty and flustered. I don’t blame her for that either.

I didnt even know what tattle was til I saw her talk about it. I'm not a big fan of hers so instinctively I came straight here to see what the fuss was all about. You are correct, all she is doing is directing people to place of hate. She doesn't need that, there is no benefit

It's the misinformation that upsets me. This is a really complicated and difficult process. If you want to have a forum and be a spokesperson and advocate for it then you need to be 100% correct. I have been through the whole process too and I am no expert, but I also don't have an Instagram account providing advice. There is a difference between sharing a journey and trying to be a spokesperson.

I agree, no one wishes her any bad will. The Instagram world is only suitable for a very small % of people and its not helping her at all anymore. If she wants to document it then video diaries might be a good option. That's what I did

Last edited:
There is a difference between sharing a journey and trying to be a spokesperson.
This 100%. For example, injection story from the other night made no sense at all - it'd be more useful to share a link to a video done by one of the clinics with proper lighting and clear images. YouTube is full of them. Talk about your experience learning how to do injections instead of trying to teach people to inject.

Again with the claim that she's not being paid; thousands of euros from the gfm, money from renting out the couch over there and the gifted manicures....

anyone any recs for other Irish insta fertility accounts? I'm still interested in following people going through it (maybe it's a messed up way for me to deal with all my own residual stress and feelings from ivf myself). I'll be leaving O to it and not watching, the infuriating chaos isn't good for my blood pressure.

Last edited:
This 100%. For example, injection story from the other night made no sense at all - it'd be more useful to share a link to a video done by one of the clinics with proper lighting and clear images. YouTube is full of them. Talk about your experience learning how to do injections instead of trying to teach people to inject.

Again with the claim that she's not being paid; thousands of euros from the gfm, money from renting out the couch over there and the gifted manicures....

anyone any recs for other Irish insta fertility accounts? I'm still interested in following people going through it (maybe it's a messed up way for me to deal with all my own residual stress and feelings from ivf myself). I'll be leaving O to it and not watching, the infuriating chaos isn't good for my blood pressure.
Sarah Burke? 😋

I also follow youmeandourbaby
She’s almost there now

Reactions: 4
Olwyns lustful posts about the doctor while he's in the middle of examining her insides is so, awkward, cringeworthy and screams desperate hormonal teenager. Maybe thats just how I see it but it's so weird and uncomfortable to watch. If a man was saying the same kind of things about a female doctor there would be plenty to say! It's borderline harassment of the man while he's trying to do his job and be professional.

Reactions: 14
Olwyns lustful posts about the doctor while he's in the middle of examining her insides is so, awkward, cringeworthy and screams desperate hormonal teenager. Maybe thats just how I see it but it's so weird and uncomfortable to watch. If a man was saying the same kind of things about a female doctor there would be plenty to say! It's borderline harassment of the man while he's trying to do his job and be professional.
A completely inappropriate way to speak to a medical practitioner trying to do their job mid internal examination.

Reactions: 9
Waterstones don’t allow phones/videos.
When we were there we would take a selfie in the lift or waiting room but never in a procedure. I find it too invasive for staff but also Olwyn. You can share your story without sharing every part of it. It’ll be harder for her to take time out to be sad if this doesn’t work because so many know every detail & timed plan. I’m only thinking of you Olwyn as I’ve been there. Keep specific details private until you have news so that you can take time to yourself if needed x

A completely inappropriate way to speak to a medical practitioner trying to do their job mid internal examination.
Jesus I just watched. That is not OK. I find myself so conflicted between really wanting to support her and I do wish her well but also wtf is going on here?? Not only is he a medical professional performing an intimate procedure, he's also many years younger than her. Imagine the genders were reversed.

Reactions: 8
That’s 1. Sexual harassment 2. Completely unprofessional
IMAGINE it was the other way around and a man doing that to a woman

Given you read this, take down that post and cop on

Oh my god I still haven't recovered from the cringe of that story ! That poor doctor. That was awful to do that to him. I'm still In the process of multiple cycles and I love my consultant and get on well with him but I would NEVER in a million years ever consider disrespecting him like that. I don't even want to have general small chat while he's sat down there with the wand inside me 🙈 never mind flirty chat and put it out to the public

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.