Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #21 Silent night, holy night, Alice isn’t calm and certainly isn’t very bright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK, unrelated to the evaluations, I was curious about The Christmas Card since her fans seem attached it and holy smokes, she has one of the worst, strangest American accents I've ever heard in this. Every single word she says, every intonation, is just ever so slightly off and slurry. It's fascinating.

I'll confess I'm poor at doing accents and my dumb American self certainly couldn't do a convincing English one, so maybe I'm not one to speak, but it isn't, like, my actual job. I assumed she was a fairly skilled actress who just couldn't get work here because she didn't stand out enough when she was young enough for prime roles, but um. My opinion may have changed.
Somewhere in the internet archives, there's celebrity gossip/ blind items about her on that Hallmark movie. AE used to troll the IMDB boards, not just her IGs, but others and obviously her own.

The Xmas card movie had stuff about how AE would show up unprepared, didn't know her lines, had conflict with crew members, thinking she was on a movie where there were endless takes... just what you would expect.

But what was suggested is that she just could not get on with Ed Asner. He's long known as a pro and workhorse actor and wasn't putting up with her nonsense. He (allegedly) didn't want to be around her or near him on the set unless she was directly in the scene with him and then in very limited amounts. There's a lot of weird editing in that movie.

I will try to find it - I had been a fan of IG from the Forsyte saga and remember them as a couple but this was a long time ago.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I suppose though, just to indulge my unlikely conspiracy theory for a second, maybe he didn't want to cause problems for someone who lived and worked in L.A., especially knowing he wasn't going to be around for a while. AE has already proved she has no problem tracking people down with the intent to cause problems for them. On the other hand, someone who lives on the other side of the world...
I mean, no idea, but my point still stands: I dont think it's worth to completely sink your reputation just because your wife cant let go of you. And if a chick in LA doesnt mind the heat (and it would have been less than BW now, because it's much more realistic without cheating), then why the hell should he not take her "offer"? I dont think that he is this selfless that he worries about somebody random but not about his own reputation, if you get what I mean. Also if the womans safery is his worry he could have tried to find someone while he was in France, in that case cheating is even almost ruled out too.

I mean assuming Bianca is just some fake relationship what about the next woman he (genuinely) dates? wouldnt he have the same problems here of Alice tracking them down and causing problems for the person he dates etc.? One reason why I suggested in spring that Ioan should date some young chick that he actually doesnt want to date for the long term pretty soon-ish is that usually ex-wives react much worse to the first new relationship, partly because it's something new, partly because it means that it's over for good and partly because there is always a bit the assumption that it overlapped. You don't have that with a 2nd relationship. Still though, he could have done this much smarter for himself if that's the case, but then again he doesnt strike me as too smart, so who knows.

So yeah, I find it unlikely, but this all crossed my mind too, and something is definitely off.

Reactions: 9
I suggested in spring that Ioan should date some young chick that he actually doesnt want to date for the long term pretty soon-ish is that usually ex-wives react much worse to the first new relationship,
Points taken. I think he has taken your advice, personally. Maybe that's what's happened here: he's thought well sooner or later she's going to freak out about a new relationship, let's get it out of the way now with someone I'm not too invested in and while there's some distance between us!

Reactions: 6
@ReturningthePearls - I LOVE your memes so much, you're so talented - they're so funny & the paintings you choose are perfect! 😂
I think you should publish them as I would happily buy!

(My two faves are 7" bleeping inches & Alice gaslighting!) 🤣

I love your new avatar btw! 🦎 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ok, just to fess up, I didn't know who exactly Ioan and Alice were 6 weeks ago (I opened the gossip because of two Welsh surnames in the title), but I've been doing my homework now, and,

ALICE, RIDDLE ME THIS:

Why is Ioan, after living with you for so long, by your own admission, a complete Grumpy McGrumpface, if back in his day he was I guess much more fun, as THE Chris Evans had this to say when asked who his favourite co-star of all times was:
I mean, that’s so tough. That’s so tough, because everyone in the Avengers movies, I mean, I love. From Downey to Hemsworth to Ruffalo to Renner to Scarlett, there are so many people that I love from the Marvel franchise. But you know who I’m going to give it to, you know who I’m going to give it to, I’m going to say Ioan Gruffudd.
He was in Fantastic Four with me. He played Mr. Fantastic. There’s something about him that is just so funny. He’s so fun and so funny. And just, every single day, he made me laugh. Maybe it’s just my memory being somewhat nostalgiac, but I just have such fond memories of coming to work every day and he just cracking me up.
Now I'm going back to watching Peacekeepers (thanks, YouTube, and the two people alerting me to it here). Back in the day, the dude knew how to act!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Started a lot earlier so hopefully tonight I won't have as much to catch up on, lol! Now I really need to go & actually do some chores. Sucks, but somebody's gotta do 'em!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone have any reliable/unbiased articles on the Kelly Rutherford custody debacle? Everything I see online seems to lean more in her favour.

Reactions: 4
That’s what I thought too and that seemed pretty reasonable but AE has tweeted she only gets them Xmas Eve and then has then Xmas day and NYE. It’s probably lies on her part but if it’s true I think they should at least share Xmas day this year until everything can be worked out properly.
For custody, in my experience, one parent often gets Christmas Eve and the morning of Christmas Day. Often till 12pm, when they go to the other parent. Christmas Eve/ morning is actually the nicer one to have, especially when kids are younger and have Santa etc. Custody situations are tit, there is no good way to do it, but Alice is actually getting the better deal here. She won’t be cooking them a dinner anyway.
The only other way to do it is to take the whole holiday and alternate every year, or have one parent always take one holiday.
Also for 50/50, and dealing with a narc ex, if I could go back in time I would say “it’s week on/ week off, no special days, let the chips fall where they may”. Special days are catnip for narc exes and the less opportunity they have for screwing with schedules, “forgetting” stuff and dealing with exchanges, the better.

Another similarity is that Kelly Rutherford publicly attacked her mother in law too, claiming she wanted to take her children.
She also tried to start some movement for mothers who were being unfairly treated, and had a few idiots rowing in behind her like Alice.

Reactions: 10
I wish 😭 I'd be utterly useless to them!
My area of expertise is the space shuttle programme though. I adore all things relating to the history of space science!
Before I got my diagnosis of ADHD, I thought I might be on the autism spectrum because I found it hard to stop myself talking about solid rocket boosters, O-rings, aerodynamic forces and wind shear. In response to like 'how's ur day'.
Oh gawd I know the feeling, I have same issue with data in construction models! 😂 when people ask you politely what is it that you do, and you go: “well, you see, data in the construction model has to be designed in a certain way in order to be…" and see them glazing over and looking like they have white noise inside their head with occasional "why did we ever ask?!" thought and you still cant stop because finally somebody showed interest in this most fascinating subject ever… 🤦‍♀️😂😫😭😂😂

:oops:
I have an accent from three different countries and no matter which I'm in, someone always asks where I'm from, or asks if I'm from Canada. I've never been there! 🤣
They blame Canada on everything! People who know what eastern european accent sounds like usually guess, others ask if Im canadian 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just looked up the hotel in BW's pictures. If it's the same one, on the French Riviera, it's currently closed. Open from April 15 - October 16. Those pictures would have had to have been taken before October 16. Maybe they changed hotels or maybe they parted ways and she went back to Australia for a bit before flying to L.A. Trying to figure out how her post about the dog 'arriving' fits into this timetable.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Whatever way the cake has been sliced over the Xmas and NY period, I think the kids are going to have a rotten time of it. Ella already looks ground down by it all.
But all footage of the Es and mentions of their supposed behaviour is filtered through AE. We don't know the truth.

Reactions: 6
I just looked up the hotel in BW's pictures. If it's the same one, on the French Riviera, it's currently closed. Open from April 15 - October 16. Those pictures would have had to have been taken before October 16. Maybe they changed hotels or maybe they parted ways and she went back to Australia for a bit before flying to L.A. Trying to figure out how her post about the dog 'arriving' fits into this timetable.
probably moved hotels.

she started following on IG some crew members of his show on the last day of the shooting. This makes me think she was in France till the end.

Reactions: 3
OK, unrelated to the evaluations, I was curious about The Christmas Card since her fans seem attached it and holy smokes, she has one of the worst, strangest American accents I've ever heard in this. Every single word she says, every intonation, is just ever so slightly off and slurry. It's fascinating.

I'll confess I'm poor at doing accents and my dumb American self certainly couldn't do a convincing English one, so maybe I'm not one to speak, but it isn't, like, my actual job. I assumed she was a fairly skilled actress who just couldn't get work here because she didn't stand out enough when she was young enough for prime roles, but um. My opinion may have changed.
Sound like a Brooklyn accent. Kinda.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Whatever way the cake has been sliced over the Xmas and NY period, I think the kids are going to have a rotten time of it. They are going to resent their dad for his new life and love interest - he might be able to win over the little un but Ella already looks ground down by it all. Plus they will worry about their mum being on her own. But they might also feel guilty that they really want to see him, especially Elsie who seems to be the apple of his eye. We will assume that IG won’t take this opportunity to spend the time with the kids and with a significant other - that would be too much. I could have got this totally wrong - kids like presents and he might lavish them with gifts - so he might win them around. But at the end of the day kids want security and love so it is going to be tricky.
Yes, that will be Alice’s next bullshit “Dad can afford to spoil you with gifts and he’s trying to BUY you while I sit here starving in the dark”. None of this is new. I know exactly what Alice will say about every goddamn thing. It’s infuriating that people buy into it, and so insulting to a child. No-one questions what married parents buy their kids. (This isn’t a dig at you, but that phrase about him lavishing them with gifts - the guy never earned all that much and has just had the worst financial knock of his life. It’s actually likely he won’t recover financially, since it’s far from over. Not sure how much kids care about gifts in this situation.)

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don't think we'll ever know when they got together etc. and over analysing photos and stuff will just drive you insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Some of the FM’s are saying she can legally make sure BW doesn’t meet the kids. This simply isn’t true. Unless BW has convictions for child abuse there’s nothing she can do. Having said that I think IG will be sensible, time it that they don’t meet for now and just be desperate to get his girls out of that environment for a while. He knows what nonsense their mum is filling their heads with. If he loves the girls and BW, he will be doing his best to have zero conflict between them. If it is going to be a long term relationship, which he seems to usually have, then he will want that to go as smoothly as possible.
This is all a tantrum because AE can’t speak to or see IG.
Just makes me so sad for the girls.

Reactions: 12
I don't think we'll ever know when they got together etc. and over analysing photos and stuff will just drive you insane.
And it also doesn’t matter for custody, divorce, support, splitting assets. He left Alice because of Alice. BW may or may not have been around, may or may not have been a support - it’s irrelevant in every way. Alice would have found some way to poison the well whether there was overlap or not, and she will do it no matter who supports him. If he had posted a picture of himself smiling with Matthew Rhys with the same caption, we’d be seeing Alice’s campaign against him and dropping all his little secrets too. This is an Alice Problem (hey, infidelity completely sucks. But it’s not illegal. And even if he did, she needs to be figuring out her next move instead of obsessing about this).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
God she sounds like the approximation of a mob boss in TCC! I guess her Yank accent is good as her posh English one (Marjorie) and her Guy Ritchie one.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
God she sounds like the approximation of a mob boss in TCC! I guess her Yank accent is good as her posh English one (Marjorie) and her Guy Ritchie one.
I think Kate Winslet sounds like this too (not as bad as Alice but she and Rachel Weiss sound terrible to me!)

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any reliable/unbiased articles on the Kelly Rutherford custody debacle? Everything I see online seems to lean more in her favour.
Celebitchy used to cover it back in the day. (Probably not unbiased) I remember following that story and it was wild

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.