Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #21 Silent night, holy night, Alice isn’t calm and certainly isn’t very bright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@welp
Imagine thinking that spewing hate about the father online (and likely in private) for over 10 months is giving kids all the love and doesnt need a evaluation. She is lucky that they arent asking for more
This with (lots of) bells on. 🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔

Reactions: 6
I hope that they don’t have kids for a while. That really would be upsetting for the two Es.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The thing is Alice isn’t really that clever. One of her biggest flaws is overestimating herself and underestimating others.

This’ll be glaringly obvious to whomever is doing the evaluations.
No lol I’m quoting AE

Reactions: 4
OK, unrelated to the evaluations, I was curious about The Christmas Card since her fans seem attached it and holy smokes, she has one of the worst, strangest American accents I've ever heard in this. Every single word she says, every intonation, is just ever so slightly off and slurry. It's fascinating.

I'll confess I'm poor at doing accents and my dumb American self certainly couldn't do a convincing English one, so maybe I'm not one to speak, but it isn't, like, my actual job. I assumed she was a fairly skilled actress who just couldn't get work here because she didn't stand out enough when she was young enough for prime roles, but um. My opinion may have changed.

Reactions: 10
I know I keep harping on (sorry) but something just doesn't feel right to me about this IG/BW situation. I have this really weird gut feeling that we're getting far from the whole story, but I can't pinpoint what specifically feels off.

We've heard a hell of a lot about BW, but it's ALL been from AE. IG 'supposedly' talking non stop about BW on the phone. BW 'supposedly' mentioned in legal documents. Well before BW was ever mentioned, AE was convinced he'd cheated. Of course she'd jump on it as soon as another woman was confirmed and make sure she's firmly woven in the narrative, and it's worked because we talk about BW like she's super involved, going to live with IG, going to meet the kids, spend Xmas with them etc. With no actual evidence for that. AE's done well there, whether it's true or not.

I've looked again at the pictures. I know people will say I'm reading too much into it (and you're probably right) but I just find it a bit odd that a really similarly worded caption about smiling was posted by both of them. I also don't find the picture particularly natural - she looks into him but overall it feels kind of contrived, to me. A tiny part of me wonders if AE kept telling him 'it's not over, it can't be over, I still love you, let's try again' and so IG enlisted BW's help to post something to send a message to AE it was really over. In return, BW gets mentions in the press and more press is good for an O1 visa petition. Maybe that's too conspiracy theory, though. Either way, I can't shake this feeling that it's not what it seems.

When I see paparazzi pictures of IG, BW and the kids shopping at The Grove at Christmas, then I'll believe it, and you can all say I told you so!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
OK, unrelated to the evaluations, I was curious about The Christmas Card since her fans seem attached it and holy smokes, she has one of the worst, strangest American accents I've ever heard in this. Every single word she says, every intonation, is just ever so slightly off and slurry. It's fascinating.

Wow, my Yankee ass is hearing what you’re talking about—it’s a bit strange-sounding, isn’t it. I can’t put my finger on it, though.

To be fair, tho, Ioan’s American accent is also slightly off. Like his FIRST SENTENCE in Fantastic Four and I was like, “🤦🏽‍♀️ ONE JOB, Mr. Fantastic, just ONE JOB you had.”

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I'll confess I'm poor at doing accents and my dumb American self certainly couldn't do a convincing English one, so maybe I'm not one to speak, but it isn't, like, my actual job. I assumed she was a fairly skilled actress who just couldn't get work here because she didn't stand out enough when she was young enough for prime roles, but um. My opinion may have changed.
She's also so wooden she could be a stand-in for one of the fireplace logs.

Anyhoo, I guess her and Ioan are also soulmates in the fact that neither can do American accent.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I know I keep harping on (sorry) but something just doesn't feel right to me about this IG/BW situation. I have this really weird gut feeling that we're getting far from the whole story, but I can't pinpoint what specifically feels off.

We've heard a hell of a lot about BW, but it's ALL been from AE. IG 'supposedly' talking non stop about BW on the phone. BW 'supposedly' mentioned in legal documents. Well before BW was ever mentioned, AE was convinced he'd cheated. Of course she'd jump on it as soon as another woman was confirmed and make sure she's firmly woven in the narrative, and it's worked because we talk about BW like she's super involved, going to live with IG, going to meet the kids, spend Xmas with them etc. With no actual evidence for that. AE's done well there, whether it's true or not.

I've looked again at the pictures. I know people will say I'm reading too much into it (and you're probably right) but I just find it a bit odd that a really similarly worded caption about smiling was posted by both of them. I also don't find the picture particularly natural - she looks into him but overall it feels kind of contrived, to me. A tiny part of me wonders if AE kept telling him 'it's not over, it can't be over, I still love you, let's try again' and so IG enlisted BW's help to post something to send a message to AE it was really over. In return, BW gets mentions in the press and more press is good for an O1 visa petition. Maybe that's too conspiracy theory, though. Either way, I can't shake this feeling that it's not what it seems.

When I see paparazzi pictures of IG, BW and the kids shopping at The Grove at Christmas, then I'll believe it, and you can all say I told you so!
I had a similar thought, but being a cheater (or at least seen as one) is not exactly a good reputation to have. It would have been far easier for him to ask some desperate girl that wants to become more famous in LA for help (I was actually suggesting this at some point!) rather than to get a girl from Oz. For the former it's MUCH easier to claim that it developed afterwards, especially since he was always away.

So yeah, I think they are actually dating. I am however am not sure (although it's totally unfair to assume or suggest that) if she is really only with him out of pure love. Some things strike me odd about her but I dont have enough yet to pinpoint exactly...

I never watched any version of Fantastic Four given the terrible reviews, so I just checked out some clips and WOOF. That accent.

I just imagine Ioan and Alice going around the house practicing their accents, giving each other false confidence because neither can tell a good accent from a bad one. "Oh, you sound like a natural-born American, baby angel!"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
lmao I have this image of them during the brighter years of their marriage, sprawled out in a messy bed after a night of love-making, just staring at each other with smoldering eyes, talking back and forth in crappy American accents. 😩

“wHaT deW u WaaaNt fuR bReAkFaaasT, AnGeLl?”
“panCaAAkeSsS.”

I never watched any version of Fantastic Four given the terrible reviews, so I just checked out some clips and WOOF. That accent.

I just imagine Ioan and Alice going around the house practicing their accents, giving each other false confidence because neither can tell a good accent from a bad one. "Oh, you sounds like a natural-born American, baby angel!"
WE HAVE THE SAME MIND, lmao. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
lmao I have this image of them during the brighter years of their marriage, sprawled out in a messy bed after a night of love-making, just staring at each other with smoldering eyes, talking back and forth in crappy American accents. 😩

“wHaT deW u WaaaNt fuR bReAkFaaasT, AnGeLl?”
“panCaAAkeSsS.”
Snickering so hard over here. That's like a perfect approximation of what they sound like, with the odd, drawn-out As; you nailed it.

A few actors I love have iffy American accents but are charismatic enough that I'm willing to put it out of my mind when I'm watching them (RACHEL WEISZ, YES, I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU), but not our Alice.

• Haha
@estellastheme
See this is why I’m glad she didn’t listen a single time. She should have lost those girls ages ago. She’s clearly bleeping deranged and those children do not need to be around that. I’m sorry to others who feel like children need their mother but no. No they categorically do not when their mother is a mental terrorist to them. No they do not need life long issues and therapy because mommy shut the duck up long enough to get daddy’s lawyers off her ass so she could keep them and mess them up even more. I just… what? Sympathy for an abuser wouldn’t happen in this situation if genders were reversed nor would I wager anyone would be saying children need their father if it was. Children do not need toxic abusive adults in their lives just because they share the same dna; they need safe caring adults to nurture them and that very clearly is not Alice. Her true nature is finally seeing potential consequences and all I can of is good glad it’s happening maybe those girls can get back a semblance of their childhood instead of being pawns and emotional crutches to their grown ass middle aged mom.
Spot on @estellastheme I couldn't agree more. 👏 She's already caused way too much damage as it is. I just hope that Ioan can in time rebuild his relationships with both girls but he's got an uphill climb ahead of him as she's had months to poison them both against him. :mad:

• Sad
  • Heart

I just imagine Ioan and Alice going around the house practicing their accents, giving each other false confidence because neither can tell a good accent from a bad one. "Oh, you sound like a natural-born American, baby angel!"
Just watched a clip on youtube. His is better than hers but neither of them sound natural. My heart did a little flip when he started talking about external SRBs and orbital system engines - that's my bread and butter! haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She's also so wooden she could be a stand-in for one of the fireplace logs.

Anyhoo, I guess her and Ioan are also soulmates in the fact that neither can do American accent.
Clearly when Ioan lived 12 years (and Alice 1 year) together with Matthew Rhys Matthew kept all the talent for American accents for himself.

to be fair to Ioan, his is miles better than Alices. But OMG I cant watch anything with either of them in it with this accent.

Yep, she views them as competition & that even includes the girls. Sick.
Tbh she hates men too.

When she said that Ioan likes "no one" she was heavily projecting. Or they were the perfect couple in this aspect!

I had a similar thought, but being a cheater (or at least seen as one) is not exactly a good reputation to have. It would have been far easier for him to ask some desperate girl that wants to become more famous in LA for help (I was actually suggesting this at some point!) rather than to get a girl from Oz. For the former it's MUCH easier to claim that it developed afterwards, especially since he was always away.

So yeah, I think they are actually dating. I am however am not sure (although it's totally unfair to assume or suggest that) if she is really only with him out of pure love. Some things strike me odd about her but I dont have enough yet to pinpoint exactly...
I suppose though, just to indulge my unlikely conspiracy theory for a second, maybe he didn't want to cause problems for someone who lived and worked in L.A., especially knowing he wasn't going to be around for a while. AE has already proved she has no problem tracking people down with the intent to cause problems for them. On the other hand, someone who lives on the other side of the world...

Reactions: 8
Just watched a clip on youtube. His is better than hers but neither of them sound natural. My heart did a little flip when he started talking about external SRBs and orbital system engines - that's my bread and butter! haha.
holy tit do u work for NASA

lmao I have no idea what any of that is but it sounds like lots of numbers and very cool!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'd also like to add that the only information we are getting about custody is from Alice. For all we know they are splitting custody on Christmas Day, but she sees that at him "getting Christmas" as she doesn't get the WHOLE DAY.
Yeah agree. What does dear Alice intend to do with them anyway? A repeat of Thanksgiving or come off SM for once & devote some time to them? I'm not even convinced she wants them with her as much as she doesn't want them with Ioan. She isn't a normal loving mum, she's a bitter Narc. A normal loving mum wouldn't be using their daughters as pawns & alienating them from their daddy. That doesn't just hurt Ioan it hurts the girls too.
She's a POS.

Reactions: 14
holy tit do u work for NASA

lmao I have no idea what any of that is but it sounds like lots of numbers and very cool!
I wish 😭 I'd be utterly useless to them!
My area of expertise is the space shuttle programme though. I adore all things relating to the history of space science!
Before I got my diagnosis of ADHD, I thought I might be on the autism spectrum because I found it hard to stop myself talking about solid rocket boosters, O-rings, aerodynamic forces and wind shear. In response to like 'how's ur day'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

:oops:
I have an accent from three different countries and no matter which I'm in, someone always asks where I'm from, or asks if I'm from Canada. I've never been there! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.