Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #20 Alice is a troll, don’t disagree or she'll call Instapol!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who tf posts pictures of themselves with an ex? No normal person keeps pictures of their ex unless they’re of any sort of significance like a wedding or birth of a child.

I am convinced if Ioan asked her for another go, she’d take him back with open arms
I think she's trying to show people how she used to look and how they used to look as a couple. I think it's an ego thing because she knows she's not looking her best now. Her self esteem must be very low and she wants to tell everyone he shouldn't have left her. That's my take on it.

Reactions: 13
As someone who’s only perused these threads for a couple of days, I’ve gone through every emotion and opinion on these people very quickly 😂

In my not professional opinion, Alice is spiralling and hasn’t reached rock bottom yet. As humans we feel a right to “closure” on a situation, on a relationship but we forget closure comes in many different ways and we are not entitled to it. She’s essentially at home feeling not in control of the situation so she’s found a way to just poke the fire and is just hoping that that will eventually provoke the reaction she craves. She’s obviously used to getting her own way with him and this is the one time he’s not giving in and she can’t bear it and it’s making her do and say more and more crazy things.

My sympathy for her is limited because she is the mother of the children and those children are the ones that will come out the most damaged from her constant negativity towards their father.

There is just something very off about her in general though, even photos of them from years ago she has that dead behind the eyes look (a bit like Amber Heard?) and there’s something I can’t quite put my finger on. Of course, because she’s the one reacting she will come out looking like the looney, but I guess it’s always worth considering whether he is the narc she claims he is and this is her finally losing it. Who knows. I don’t. I just hope she is mentally competent enough to be taking care of those girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Plus she says she's having therapy. I know therapy isn't a quick fix but surely her therapist would be advising against this behaviour and these unhealthy crutches. Of course she might be and AE is ignoring it at which point the therapist would be hard pushed to make progress with her because she's not heeding his or her advice.
I mean we are talking her about a therapist that apparently only talks about and diagnosis a dude he never met!

I think she's trying to show people how she used to look and how they used to look as a couple. I think it's an ego thing because she knows she's not looking her best now. Her self esteem must be very low and she wants to tell everyone he shouldn't have left her. That's my take on it.
Possibly.

She treats - at times (when she is like today in a melancholic phase rather than angry) - this divorce like he passed away. Emotionally that may be right, but it's rare that people do this. Usually they delete old pictures (which is a bit childish) or burry them quickly. She does the opposite, which again, would make you think that he died.

Reactions: 15
Jesus!! Went to bed and missed all the drama! Right that’s it I’m never going to bed again 🤣

Hope everyone is okay and didn’t get scathed by the Cult of Alice too much.

I see she has locked her Twitter down, it won’t be locked for long people like her crave all the attention she can. Same with limiting her Insta comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m on your side here. I don’t think she’s that intelligent at all. I know plenty of people with 2:1 degrees and I wouldn’t necessarily call them intelligent. Heck, I’ve friends without degrees who are much more intelligent than those with.
I think British English as first language speakers who speak additional languages like french/Italian/German/Spanish carry a bit of social capital, it’s le chic non? I think it’s more of a class connotation which is often adjacent to perceived intelligence (to become fluent in those languages implies spending time in those places ergo travelling ergo opportunities.)

And then you have the opposite credential effect for millions of other people in the world who speak multiple languages but English is the not the 1st (e.g immigrants!)

Reactions: 14
I’m on your side here. I don’t think she’s that intelligent at all. I know plenty of people with 2:1 degrees and I wouldn’t necessarily call them intelligent. Heck, I’ve friends without degrees who are much more intelligent than those with.
Intelligence isnt black and white IMO.

Outside of her emotional outbursts (whether it's now about Ioan, or in the past about others) her thoughts on twitter are very insightful and very diverse. She is definitely a good writer based on the articles I've read of her (back in Glamour, but also more recent). She has a good degree and is multilingual.

I definitely think she is intelligent, she just is a prick and constantly overemotional, so that can cause actions that would make you question her intelligence on the surface

Take Ioan for example: He doesnt strike me as smart at all based on what I've seen over the years (there were a couple of embarrasing incidents, where people tricked him on the street and robbed him off money that way for example), but because he is a much more collected personality he is more likely to deal well with a situation like this, this doesnt make him more intelligent though. Again, it's not black and white.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I mean we are talking her about a therapist that apparently only talks about and diagnosis a dude he never met!

Possibly.

She treats - at times (when she is like today in a melancholic phase rather than angry) - this divorce like he passed away. Emotionally that may be right, but it's rare that people do this. Usually they delete old pictures (which is a bit childish) or burry them quickly. She does the opposite, which again, would make you think that he died.
I wonder if in years from now when she's hopefully in a healthier place she'll look back on this whole SM saga and think what the eff was I thinking?! Or she'll have made no progress and still be raving.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The comments about Ella screaming she doesn’t want to go to Daddy’s new place are deeply concerning. Up until recently she loved her daddy as documented by her mother frequently on social media. Now she’s 12, what has made a 12 year old suddenly become terrified of him to the point she’s in that state? You can blame his perceived (and alleged) lack of effort all you want, I know exactly whose to blame for that. It’s disgraceful.

She is mourning, she’s mourning being a freeloading cow the rest of her days. He was her meal ticket and now he’s gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Jesus!! Went to bed and missed all the drama! Right that’s it I’m never going to bed again 🤣

Hope everyone is okay and didn’t get scathed by the Cult of Alice too much.

I see she has locked her Twitter down, it won’t be locked for long people like her crave all the attention she can. Same with limiting her Insta comments.
well, I can comment on IG, so she didnt limit them well

I wonder if in years from now when she's hopefully in a healthier place she'll look back on this whole SM saga and think what the eff was I thinking?! Or she'll have made no progress and still be raving.
she has never regretted any (of the many) online outbursts she had. She wont regret this either. She will blame the system instead if she comes out worse or something.

Reactions: 10
I can see but often her tweets come up weird for me - I don’t see them even with refreshing and then they say they were posted hours ago.
I’m afraid to post pics here but she still yipping about Ella being terrified to go Ioan’s house and how Alice had to choose to be the parent Ella could trust 🙄. Slagging off BW’s insta captions. Tamer, but still stirring tit.
I can’t see them anymore as I didn’t follow 🙄 but if you go on Tweets & Replies, you see everything she has tweeted ( sorry if you already know )

well, I can comment on IG, so she didnt limit them well

she has never regretted any (of the many) online outbursts she had. She wont regret this either. She will blame the system instead if she comes out worse or something.
You'd hope in years to come, much further down the line, she'd be able to take some level of accountability in the marriage that failed but with her personality that is probably unlikely. She'll blame him for ever more for ruining her and the kids' lives.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I really do have sympathy as a flawed woman myself. The last 18 months have been very difficult for me.
I was not in work so isolated (as we all were due to lockdown), studying at home completing an MA.
Peri menopause hit. There was no reason not to have that bottle of wine midweek… I’m not driving in the morning , my children are adults.

Here I am now 30 pounds heavier and completely blown away that I have done this to myself. It’s very easy to get lost and very difficult to pick yourself up when you do.

The problem is AE is not acknowledging her ownership in anything. She spews bile at other women shaming them and trying to elevate herself at their expense.

Alice is setting a terrible example to her girls and is the poster woman for how not to live your life through a man.
Alice’s only accomplishment are her children and she’s destroying them.
Beauty is not an accomplishment it is an accident of birth and Alice has destroyed that also.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Homemade Chili from scratch with cheddar cheese and sour cream on top and corn muffins! It’s fast and easy if you have the spices mixed ahead of time”which I did.” I also used my Instant Pot.
Omg me too exactly that except for small wraps not corn muffins ( not exactly sure what they are ) and I did it in slow cooker 😎

I come from divorced parents, a dad who cheated on their wife and gaslighted her at every given opportunity. My mum also acted similar to AE on SM (back in the early Facebook days) and wow, that was not a great time to be alive.

My mum deeply regrets how she conducted herself, my younger sisters are still paying the price for her actions, so much hatred in them around men etc. For example my youngest sister “every man is a cheat, every single man”.

AE actions will have consequences on the children, but I can fully understand how horrendous she is feeling but this really isn’t the way.

It really is one big clusterfuck and I hope she comes out of it sooner rather than later, hopefully with some dignity and finds happiness and love (in friends or a partner)

• Sad
She has zero insight. She will never take responsibility for her behaviour. She will always see it was warranted and therefore never regret it. She will continue to believe they deserved it. She will no doubt over time wear herself out and it will improve but she will never regret it as such.

• Heart
Good morning everyone, and thanks for closing down the previous thread - these were the first few consecutive hours of actual sleep I've had in days! 😁

Can I just ask a little question about ‘highly intelligent’ Alice. Is it her 2:1 degree in French/Italian a few decades ago that earned her this accolade or is it because it was in languages and Brits, generally speaking, are usually a bit crap at acquiring second languages?
I’m quite stumped every time I see her described as ‘highly intelligent’ she’s done nothing except talk bollox on Twitter for decades, she can’t even mop the floor. What am I missing?
I think you're spot on. I work for an American company, and people there are generally amazed at everyone who speaks more than one language. I do speak several - but only because I had the great advantage of having been raised bilingual, and having learned a couple of additional languages at a young age. And trust me - I'm as far away from 'highly intelligent' as Alice is from 'demure and ladylike'. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I really do have sympathy as a flawed woman myself. The last 18 months have been very difficult for me.
I was not in work so isolated (as we all were due to lockdown), studying at home completing an MA.
Peri menopause hit. There was no reason not to have that bottle of wine midweek… I’m not driving in the morning , my children are adults.

Here I am now 30 pounds heavier and completely blown away that I have done this to myself. It’s very easy to get lost and very difficult to pick yourself up when you do.

The problem is AE is not acknowledging her ownership in anything. She spews bile at other women shaming them and trying to elevate herself at their expense.

Alice is setting a terrible example to her girls and is the poster woman for how not to live your life through a man.
Alice’s only accomplishment are her children and she’s destroying them.
Beauty is not an accomplishment it is an accident of birth and Alice has destroyed that also.
I totally understand this and sending you hugs. I had to stop work earlier this year because of Long Covid which I've been suffering with since last year. It's really hard. I'm studying now to start something up on my own so I can control my hours because I get tired easily and my breathing hasn't been normal since I got covid. My child is young so I have to keep going with the usual school routine and life but I've put on weight and feel dreadful, I'm the heaviest I've ever been and even my face has lost its glow. I am fully aware of my flaws in this and am not blaming my husband or child or this or that. I got ill so I have to be kind to myself on that front but I also know only I can sort myself out and lose the weight.

Feeling isolated and slightly without purpose after working is tough. Sometimes the only people I speak to (other than husband and child) are the brief chit chats at school drop off and pick up. I'm a sociable person and miss lots of interaction. I'd never have known how my life was going to turn upside down when I got covid.

I also believe perimenopause has started for me in my mid-40s and I really don't feel like myself. Just wanted to say I understand and sending you well wishes.💗

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.