Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #20 Alice is a troll, don’t disagree or she'll call Instapol!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think British English as first language speakers who speak additional languages like french/Italian/German/Spanish carry a bit of social capital, it’s le chic non? I think it’s more of a class connotation which is often adjacent to perceived intelligence (to become fluent in those languages implies spending time in those places ergo travelling ergo opportunities.)

And then you have the opposite credential effect for millions of other people in the world who speak multiple languages but English is the not the 1st (e.g immigrants!)
She appears cosmopolitan and sophisticated because of the languages. Most people borne to English speaking dont have linguistic skills so we admire those who do. Ironically we don’t show much appreciation for migrants speaking English and a multitude of other languages.

But nothing she has had to say about her industry or her politics is particularly insightful, profound or thought provoking. It’s anger provoking and that’s not a good thing from an intellectual pov.

She has a pretty standard education for a middle class Brit, nearly 50% go to university. If she has a 1st from a top university in Medicine, PPE or Engineering she could be in the highly intelligent stakes.
I know a Brit who speaks French and Italian fluently. Along with a couple more languages. She is a doctor with her own practice. She’s highly intelligent.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Compared to the morons she attracts on SM "rite behind you babes"
"Hun your gonna get everyfin"
she's a bleeping Einstein level genius.
They swallow all her manipulative bullshit because they're all so dumb and it makes her feel like some great strategist with a master plan

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I mean we are talking her about a therapist that apparently only talks about and diagnosis a dude he never met!
I believe the collab divorce team includes therapists. So in that sense she 'has' a therapist; whether she actually attends sessions is another matter.

I’m starting to not care 🤣
Not care about what?

Reactions: 4
Compared to the morons she attracts on SM "rite behind you babes"
"Hun your gonna get everyfin"
she's a bleeping Einstein level genius.
They swallow all her manipulative bullshit because they're all so dumb and it makes her feel like some great strategist with a master plan
Yeah they’re showing themselves up with the putting prawns in his clothes pish and all the other stuff they allegedly did to their exes.

Reactions: 7
Good morning everyone, and thanks for closing down the previous thread - these were the first few consecutive hours of actual sleep I've had in days! 😁

I think you're spot on. I work for an American company, and people there are generally amazed at everyone who speaks more than one language. I do speak several - but only because I had the great advantage of having been raised bilingual, and having learned a couple of additional languages at a young age. And trust me - I'm as far away from 'highly intelligent' as Alice is from 'demure and ladylike'. :sneaky:
yeah, same here. I speak German and Greek due to my parents. English, Spanish and French thanks to school (then I obviously tried to maintain those with extra courses, movies etc., to be fair lost a bit touch with French LOL). I learned Japanese because I'm very into manga culture. And Italian because I wanted to learn it since I already spoke Spanish already, so it isnt too far from there.

Knowing many languages is definitely not necessarly a proof of being intelligent. It's often born out of convenience or circumstances. But it can be a factor.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
DM has picked up on her sharing those pics. Limited the comments. Is that because there’s now legal proceedings?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Good morning everyone, and thanks for closing down the previous thread - these were the first few consecutive hours of actual sleep I've had in days! 😁

I think you're spot on. I work for an American company, and people there are generally amazed at everyone who speaks more than one language. I do speak several - but only because I had the great advantage of having been raised bilingual, and having learned a couple of additional languages at a young age. And trust me - I'm as far away from 'highly intelligent' as Alice is from 'demure and ladylike'. :sneaky:
I have a 2:1 (that I winged) I’m bilingual and have my own business. I’m doing okay but I wouldn’t say I’m highly intelligent by a long shot. I just don’t see how Alice managed to get that kind of credit but then I’ve only seen her at her worst.

Reactions: 4
AE is off on Instagram again, posting pictures of her and IG. People on there are telling her to stop but she continues. And I notice her twitter account is locked. I follow her, does that mean I can't see her tweets now?

Reactions: 1
Since most of you are locked out: her recent (5 hours ago) tweets that werent shared here yet
View attachment 896439
View attachment 896440
View attachment 896441
View attachment 896442
View attachment 896443
So someone sensible challenges those who are delighting whipping her into a frenzy , Prozac person backs down , AE shows a tiny atom of starting a sensible thought process and Gavlar comes right back in to wind her up again ( not that it takes much ) .
And they say tattle is bad 🤷🏼‍♀️ .
The absolute F wits clearly don’t know how testing / quarantine / incubation period etc work in this pandemic that has only been around for the last two years 😡

Reactions: 9
She appears cosmopolitan and sophisticated because of the languages. Most people borne to English speaking dont have linguistic skills so we admire those who do. Ironically we don’t show much appreciation for migrants speaking English and a multitude of other languages.

But nothing she has had to say about her industry or her politics is particularly insightful, profound or thought provoking. It’s anger provoking and that’s not a good thing from an intellectual pov.

She has a pretty standard education for a middle class Brit, nearly 50% go to university. If she has a 1st from a top university in Medicine, PPE or Engineering she could be in the highly intelligent stakes.
I know a Brit who speaks French and Italian fluently. Along with a couple more languages. She is a doctor with her own practice. She’s highly intelligent.
As I said my husband is highly intelligent. Speaks multiple languages. Did 6 years of surgical fellowship after med school which is a witch 80 hr work weeks no days off. at same time did a PhD in surgery took 10 years, just did a masters of leadership. He can whip up a research paper in a few days no effort. Amazing at finding funding. But has zero interest in politics probably couldn’t tell you who the prime minister is. His writing is unreadable and would have to Google some of the words Alice uses. He Watches big brother to wind down, never the news. Doesn’t come across intelligent at all and chooses not to I think. People can act like they are intelligent when they are not by using the same big words over and over like Alice does.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
yeah, same here. I speak German and Greek due to my parents. English, Spanish and French thanks to school (then I obviously tried to maintain those with extra courses, movies etc., to be fair lost a bit touch with French LOL). I learned Japanese because I'm very into manga culture. And Italian because I wanted to learn it since I already spoke Spanish already, so it isnt too far from there.

Knowing many languages is definitely not necessarly a proof of being intelligent. It's often born out of convenience or circumstances. But it can be a factor.
Ok but now you are underselling it, knowing that many languages is absolutely a sign of intellect 😂

Reactions: 14

I taught early years in international schools in Europe for years and I can concur that the language skills in many well travelled children is outstanding. Mums language / dads language / host country language and English on top as the international language, and the language I taught them in.

AE obviously had a good start in life, she could have accomplished so much.

Alice hasn’t accomplished anything in 20yr +.

Reactions: 8
Some thoughts as I catch up on this new thread:
  1. I'm sort of with @kata420 on BW. I'm not as convinced of BW's wholesomeness as some here. I'm purely basing this on a couple of her comments on her dog post which seemed to me to be suggesting (but not stating) she was in L.A., and she would have known exactly what she was doing - I don't think it was that innocent.
  2. I'm not judging her, and I'm not saying she's not a nice person, I'm just feeling a bit cautious about the whole thing. I agree she has the right to post what she wants and I'm not suggesting she doesn't - I just have a bit of a gut feeling on this one which I hope is wrong.
  3. Last night was intense. I have never accused anyone on here of being an FM but things escalated very quickly last night - I was just lurking but I felt people were being really reasonable, and it was almost as if the more reasonable people were being the more angry someone got...the timing was also interesting in relation to twitter activity.
  4. Something serious has definitely happened legally, I think. Watch this space. Hopefully those with Twitter intel keep posting screenshots!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
" Alice hasn’t accomplished anything in 20yr +. "
Except for the 2 girls. Who she now doesn't seem to want to spend time with or care much for.

Reactions: 7
Alice is still patiently waiting for her FM’s to take the hint and accuse him of child abuse on her behalf.. then she’ll say.
“You know, I never even thought of that, oh god I think you’re right. That’s why she won’t go, how stupid of me not to see it.
I will never forgive myself.
Oh god I can’t stop crying 😭😭😭””

View attachment 896457
She's projecting, I don't even think that's what her oldest daughter has said, unless she already has turned her against her father. This reeks of parental alienation 😡

• Angry
" Alice hasn’t accomplished anything in 20yr +. "
Except for the 2 girls. Who she now doesn't seem to want to spend time with or care much for.
They’re not bargaining chips for her any more now custody has been decided. So how else can she use them? Oh yeah. To hurt dad when he does have them. She’s a monster.

Homemade Chili from scratch with cheddar cheese and sour cream on top and corn muffins! It’s fast and easy if you have the spices mixed ahead of time”which I did.” I also used my Instant Pot. It was very yummy!
Surely Alice could cook something so easy and delicious if I can.
Yum, that sounds delicious! Much nicer than the frozen roasties i threw into the oven on Sunday!! Although im a little gutted because my kids said they tasted nicer than the normal ones i make!!! hahaha.
I am redeeming myself today though, we are having Cottage Pie with not a frozen roast potato in sight!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I totally understand this and sending you hugs. I had to stop work earlier this year because of Long Covid which I've been suffering with since last year. It's really hard. I'm studying now to start something up on my own so I can control my hours because I get tired easily and my breathing hasn't been normal since I got covid. My child is young so I have to keep going with the usual school routine and life but I've put on weight and feel dreadful, I'm the heaviest I've ever been and even my face has lost its glow. I am fully aware of my flaws in this and am not blaming my husband or child or this or that. I got ill so I have to be kind to myself on that front but I also know only I can sort myself out and lose the weight.

Feeling isolated and slightly without purpose after working is tough. Sometimes the only people I speak to (other than husband and child) are the brief chit chats at school drop off and pick up. I'm a sociable person and miss lots of interaction. I'd never have known how my life was going to turn upside down when I got covid.

I also believe perimenopause has started for me in my mid-40s and I really don't feel like myself. Just wanted to say I understand and sending you well wishes.💗

Next week , I’m back out in the world to start a new job and a new career.
After walking uphill in treacle for what feels like forever I’m starting to see sky again and feeling more like myself.

Keep being kind to yourself and make sure you have moments for gentle self care where you can.
It will get better.

In solidarity ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think it’s more and more likely that there was an emergency court hearing on the weekend. She’s been told by the judge. She probably now has a lawyer herself if she had any brains

Reactions: 8
Can I just ask a little question about ‘highly intelligent’ Alice. Is it her 2:1 degree in French/Italian a few decades ago that earned her this accolade or is it because it was in languages and Brits, generally speaking, are usually a bit crap at acquiring second languages?
I’m quite stumped every time I see her described as ‘highly intelligent’ she’s done nothing except talk bollox on Twitter for decades, she can’t even mop the floor. What am I missing?
For me, it’s not the degree in languages she has, but the skill she showed back when she was being interviewed in French to command that language and use it to be witty and captivating. I thought she showed a level of fluency and aptitude that’s quite difficult to achieve without putting a fair amount of effort in.

However, I am extremely biased in this because I studied a French and Italian degree so am probably equating her path to mine. I’m not implying that she is highly intelligent by the way, nor that I am by extension, just that from my understanding of the languages and that degree path she must have been at least reasonably intelligent and, more importantly, been willing to put some work in back then to get to the level she did. I don’t believe that makes her highly intelligent, but I do think she showed a lot of traits back then that she seems to have completely abandoned on the way to becoming Ioan’s wife, and I think it’s a real shame she did because she could have been so much more.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.