Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May I be cheeky and ask for a quick summary of that situation, please? I don't know much about it, and trying to slog through the first thread. It keeps being mentioned and I'm intrigued!
Yes same here. I have gathered Ioan had a fan forum but what actually did Alice do? She got it closed down?
Of course!

IoanOnline was ultimately the largest Ioan resource and a comprehensive database of nearly every photo, interview, and article of Ioan published as well as a collection of clips from his projects. Attached to the website was a forum. Despite him being a relatively minor star at the time, the engagement in forum was off its head. Every single day there were new discussions, comments and posts in droves.

The forum had a core team of moderators as well as a very active and diplomatic admin. One of the moderators, of whom I can still remember the username of, was incredibly popular with members and allegedly a close, albeit online, friend of the admin. She actively posted daily.

One of the most popular threads was a game and involved members placing captions over IG photos for a laugh. Naturally, being a part of Ioan's life, AE was sometimes included in these jokes. Additionally, any time a new premiere or event photo was released, AE's outfits would be critiqued. Being quite eccentric, her outfits, poses and general vibe on red carpets was often discussed. As too was the speculation that AE had cheated on Picasso with Ioan and essentially corrupted him, as a Welsh boy that grew up singing baritone and had to be rescued from joining a cult. This was relatively light hearted but carried consistently through the forum. The general consensus was that AE was an interesting choice but this was largely harmless. A few members (that AE still remembers the names of) spoke up for AE any time she was mentioned, even when it was obviously said in jest. Nothing defamatory or serious was ever said, if it was, the admin would have pulled it in a second.

One day, the popular moderator disappeared and it was noticed immediately. Speculation ensued. As it turns out, AE had blamed the mod for unsavoury information on her Wiki and the admin had been asked to discipline the moderator. She did and chaos followed. Then we found out Ioan had been funding the site for two years (hence being able to make demands of the admin) and was pulling the plug. So the admin lost the site anyway.

Evidently, the claims on that forum (despite being pretty harmless) probably weren't too far off.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Welcome baldurs. Yes I was on IOL too and completely lost interest after IG wrecked his own site and smeared fans at AE's behest. He lost a ton of fans over that. I thought his projects after that were rubbish too with the move to Hollywood and as for his American accent? :ROFLMAO: But according to AE I have been a stalker for 20 years lol

I only started to get interested again when I heard about the divorce back in March. So much for the "perfect" relationship! Also all his work is now outside the US so I don't have to listen to the bad US accent so I will now start to check his recent work out.

Ioan, if you are reading this, I think we can both agree that Alice's vitriolic smears on you and your family have been despicable. Some things come full circle don't they? ;)
Thank you - we 'meet' again!

Yes, I actually met him not long before the whole debacle. Possibly after? He came to Australia for F4. I admittedly was a fangirl at the time, but I was also a teenager, so we live and learn. HAHA.

Reactions: 6
Of course!

IoanOnline was ultimately the largest Ioan resource and a comprehensive database of nearly every photo, interview, and article of Ioan published as well as a collection of clips from his projects. Attached to the website was a forum. Despite him being a relatively minor star at the time, the engagement in forum was off its head. Every single day there were new discussions, comments and posts in droves.

The forum had a core team of moderators as well as a very active and diplomatic admin. One of the moderators, of whom I can still remember the username of, was incredibly popular with members and allegedly a close, albeit online, friend of the admin. She actively posted daily.

One of the most popular threads was a game and involved members placing captions over IG photos for a laugh. Naturally, being a part of Ioan's life, AE was sometimes included in these jokes. Additionally, any time a new premiere or event photo was released, AE's outfits would be critiqued. Being quite eccentric, her outfits, poses and general vibe on red carpets was often discussed. As too was the speculation that AE had cheated on Picasso with Ioan and essentially corrupted him, as a Welsh boy that grew up singing baritone and had to be rescued from joining a cult. This was relatively light hearted but carried consistently through the forum. The general consensus was that AE was an interesting choice but this was largely harmless. A few members (that AE still remembers the names of) spoke up for AE any time she was mentioned, even when it was obviously said in jest. Nothing defamatory or serious was ever said, if it was, the admin would have pulled it in a second.

One day, the popular moderator disappeared and it was noticed immediately. Speculation ensued. As it turns out, AE had blamed the mod for unsavoury information on her Wiki and the admin had been asked to discipline the moderator. She did and chaos followed. Then we found out Ioan had been funding the site for two years (hence being able to make demands of the admin) and was pulling the plug. So the admin lost the site anyway.

Evidently, the claims on that forum (despite being pretty harmless) probably weren't too far off.
Wowzers!! So AE effectively ruined his career because she is the narcissist who can’t take any form of critique! How does that not surprise me. Glad Ioan has finally woke up to her nonsense

Reactions: 10

One day, the popular moderator disappeared and it was noticed immediately. Speculation ensued. As it turns out, AE had blamed the mod for unsavoury information on her Wiki and the admin had been asked to discipline the moderator. She did and chaos followed. Then we found out Ioan had been funding the site for two years (hence being able to make demands of the admin) and was pulling the plug. So the admin lost the site anyway. Evidently, the claims on that forum (despite being pretty harmless) probably weren't too far off.
Thanks for that summary. AE is now trying to reinvent history by saying how nasty everyone was on IOL calling her a "hooker" etc. And people who don't know any better believe it. As baldurs explained, it was a well moderated site so anything of that ilk would be quickly removed.

Whenever an interview with AE was published, we would comment on what she said. But it was always fair comment, never "AE is a ho" type stuff. She did come across as a superficial airhead in her interviews and a surprising choice given that IG previously talked about wanting to settle down with a nice Welsh girl. But we all accepted that that was his perogative and no one expressed any jealousy about AE stealing "their" man, despite the crap now AE says. AE and her FMs like to paint fans in the worst possible light. The fact is AE came across as very jealous of the attention a relatively little known actor, her boyfriend, could generate on his fansite. I think that was also a big reason for her wanting the site nuked. She always put herself first. It didn't matter that the site was good for his image which is why he was funding it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But we all accepted that that was his perogative and no one expressed any jealousy about AE stealing "their" man, despite the crap now AE says. AE and her FMs like to paint fans in the worst possible light. The fact is AE came across as very jealous of the attention a relatively little known actor, her boyfriend, could generate on his fansite. I think that was also a big reason for her wanting the site nuked. She always put herself first. It didn't matter that the site was good for his image which is why he was funding it.
This.

It was harmless and jokes of that nature (jealousy) were exactly that, jokes. Surely her taking them to heart says more about her than it does about the forum?

It’s bizarre to me because she seeks validation through being linked to him - the countless candid photos and videos and swipes, the constant hints in her bio to her 20 years with him, his surname still being in her SM handled. Yet at every stage she has tried to nuke his following. Do you want to live off the back of his platform or not?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Wowzers!! So AE effectively ruined his career because she is the narcissist who can’t take any form of critique! How does that not surprise me. Glad Ioan has finally woke up to her nonsense
No, you got it wrong. Alice was forced by Ioan to play the bad guy. Remember 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s bizarre to me because she seeks validation through being linked to him - the countless candid photos and videos and swipes, the constant hints in her bio to her 20 years with him, his surname still being in her SM handled. Yet at every stage she has tried to nuke his following. Do you want to live off the back of his platform or not?
AE seems very conflicted about this. I think that is why the divorce is causing meltdowns - so much of her identity was tied in with his. I think she is bitter her career fizzled out while his has improved now after the jobless post marriage years. How will she get on the red carpet now? Her only way of getting media attention at this stage is SM meltdowns and actual car crashes. She needs to reinvent herself. Even her etsy page has his photo on it.

Despite being intelligent, she presents this "damsel in distress" image on SM a lot. She can't call the plumber or the water guy? It's IG's job apparently even though he doesn't live there anymore.

As for nuking his following, she did just that again on his "official" unofficial FB page. It has now turned into an IG hate site and is a total embarrassment for him. He severed ties with the 2 Admins there. Ironically he made two nice videos for his fans there which he never did for IOL. How much that would have been appreciated back in the day?! Instead all he gets on his FB page is his ex-fans saying how fake he is in the videos he did for them which they previously liked. :unsure: 🤡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Of course!

Blimey. Thank you.
Quite bizarre. Her problem seems to be a fury that she cannot control what people say or think about her. She actually is quite an obscure actress whom I'm sure 99.9% of people have not heard of. So incredibly easy for her to live a private life. But I presume that isn't actually what she wants.
I can just imagine the grief Ioan copped from her when the forum talked about her. All sorts of wild allegations and histrionics. I'm surprised she was ever happy with him being away from her filming.

Reactions: 9
Yes I saw the posts about the FB group! IOL did more for him than that group ever did and all we got was reprimanded via an email 😂 You have to laugh. What a wild time that was.

As for AE - that’s right. She is intelligent and multilingual, she’s also funny and she can write (she used to have that column in Glamour). Her acting career didn’t work out but there’s plenty she can do instead if she pivots - heck, she’s vivacious enough for a presenting gig. Maybe sans car park rants and questionable SM escapades though…

I’m also not wild about the insinuation from her lawyers suggesting Home Depot or Starbucks. If you’re so afraid of becoming bankrupt, you’ll do whatever it takes to avoid it, not pass up opportunities because they don’t meet your standards. I get it. It’s not the celebrity lifestyle. However, if it helps your daughters and supplements your 10% from the prenup, it’s better than nothing.

Also, I’ll just come out and say, I don’t think he left for another woman and I don’t think what she’s saying about him and the children is factual.

I am not suggesting he is an Angel, nor do I have blind faith. It is just abundantly clear from AE’s own Instagram posts that he is besotted with those girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes I saw the posts about the FB group! IOL did more for him than that group ever did and all we got was reprimanded via an email 😂 You have to laugh. What a wild time that was.

As for AE - that’s right. She is intelligent and multilingual, she’s also funny and she can write (she used to have that column in Glamour). Her acting career didn’t work out but there’s plenty she can do instead if she pivots - heck, she’s vivacious enough for a presenting gig. Maybe sans car park rants and questionable SM escapades though…

I’m also not wild about the insinuation from her lawyers suggesting Home Depot or Starbucks. If you’re so afraid of becoming bankrupt, you’ll do whatever it takes to avoid it, not pass up opportunities because they don’t meet your standards. I get it. It’s not the celebrity lifestyle. However, if it helps your daughters and supplements your 10% from the prenup, it’s better than nothing.

Also, I’ll just come out and say, I don’t think he left for another woman and I don’t think what she’s saying about him and the children is factual.

I am not suggesting he is an Angel, nor do I have blind faith. It is just abundantly clear from AE’s own Instagram posts that he is besotted with those girls.
Absolutely! Apparently she wrote three "secret actress" posts for the Guardian too but I wasn't very impressed with them. Would she be able to adapt to a normal job?

She seems to nurse grudges forever though. Still banging on about IG's terrible fans form the IOL days and how he didn't support her (a lie). It seems to be hard for her to move on which is why IG might have to pay for a gagging order. But could she ever really keep quiet about him? Doubt it.

Yes he loves the daughters clearly. I think the marriage must have been hell for him to leave them. It seems Ella won't see him so I think parental alienation has gone on due to more jealousy from AE. :mad:

• Sad
  • Heart
Welcome to all new knowledgeable Tattlers!
I honestly have never come across a situation as bizarre, as unbelievable, as fascinating as this one!
I never heard of them until recently. It took me no time at all to suss out that IG was AE’s little trophy husband to put on display via her sm account. Oddly enough I also came to the exact same conclusion about her corrupting him. 😂
It’s a shame that he’s being punished now by using his girls. She seems a shallow, vindictive and bitter woman.
And her attack dogs and flying monkeys? 😳

Our threads are at 115k 👀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
AE seems very conflicted about this.
She also asked Deb & Lin to continue to run that facebook group (and I guess that one twitter account), which turns them quite into hypocrites since they continue to fake support somebody they accused to be an abuser, despite claiming to be members of the resistor movement lol.

Probably can't move on.

Reactions: 4
There’s something else that truly bothers me about this whole fiasco. And that’s the abject viciousness of the attacks on anyone who dares to have a difference of opinion on this divorce or AE whether fair or not!
And then to make such wild allegations “all lies”and ridiculous assumptions about Tattlelife and Tattlers?
For someone who is supposed to be so intelligent “AE” she seems sorely lacking in emotional intelligence and street smarts. And she is often cruel as well “the outing of IG’s cosmetic procedures”and the photo she posted on Instagram of him with the caption”this is before he got all his work done tee hee.” I thought he looked great before. I guess she didn’t.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
She also asked Deb & Lin to continue to run that facebook group (and I guess that one twitter account), which turns them quite into hypocrites since they continue to fake support somebody they accused to be an abuser, despite claiming to be members of the resistor movement lol.

Probably can't move on.
Definitely can't move on. This makes no sense unless AE wants the FB page to be some kind of weird anti-fan group.

There’s something else that truly bothers me about this whole fiasco. And that’s the abject viciousness of the attacks on anyone who dares to have a difference of opinion on this divorce or AE whether fair or not!
And then to make such wild allegations “all lies”and ridiculous assumptions about Tattlelife and Tattlers?
For someone who is supposed to be so intelligent “AE” she seems sorely lacking in emotional intelligence and street smarts. And she is often cruel as well “the outing of IG’s cosmetic procedures”and the photo she posted on Instagram of him with the caption”this is before he got all his work done tee hee.” I thought he looked great before. I guess she didn’t.
Yes see attached for a nice little smear (in more ways than one) against Tattlers by AE - now deleted of course. Also I really like your line - "It took me no time at all to suss out that IG was AE’s little trophy husband to put on display via her sm account." EXACTLY

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Definitely can't move on. This makes no sense unless AE wants the FB page to be some kind of weird anti-fan group.

Yes see attached for a nice little smear (in more ways than one) against Tattlers by AE - now deleted of course. Also I really like your line - "It took me no time at all to suss out that IG was AE’s little trophy husband to put on display via her sm account." EXACTLY
I saw that completely revolting and unhinged post of hers and I would be so ashamed if I were her. She has no filter and no boundaries. Can you imagine what she is actually like irl?
It honestly made me sick and it says more about her than it does about you.
We didn’t invite her here to read our threads or to bully, intimidate, or doxx her. And all the people who now know her business? They know because of one person and that is AE herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This.

It was harmless and jokes of that nature (jealousy) were exactly that, jokes. Surely her taking them to heart says more about her than it does about the forum?

Was AE jealous of the fact that IG had a big fan following or attention from a bunch of women? Or both?
If someone doesn’t mind answering.

Was AE jealous of the fact that IG had a big fan following or attention from a bunch of women? Or both?
If someone doesn’t mind answering.
I honestly think it’s a mix of both with heavy emphasis on the latter.

It appears to me that she has spent years wanting to make sure everyone knows her partner is handsome whilst simultaneously trying to keep him down a peg or two. I think that in truth, it probably makes her feel a bit on edge/insecure. Not to suggest she’s some hag who was out of her depth, I don’t think that at all. It’s just a vibe I get. It’s also not entirely unreasonable. I’m sure many have been there with their own partners, I probably wouldn’t try and alienate mine from people who appreciate and care about him though.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.