Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she was really jealous of his following/success as such, judging by her twitter in recent years she seemed pretty proud and supportive of his career even. But obviously not impossible.

I definitely do think that she was jealous/scared of the attention of other woman though. She once admitted that she felt jealous when he was shooting with Jessica Alba, she has once admitted that she is never watching his on-screen sex scenes. And she convinced herself (and possibly him, see quote below) that woman that obsess over him do so because they want to take him away from her.

"For the first time in our conversation, Gruffudd seems slightly hesitant: "That's a whole world that is sort of ... it was so appalling to me because I'm of that generation where computers didn't quite make it to the classroom in my high school, so the whole internet thing, I'm not versed in it. I also ... very early in my career when I did pop onto the internet and went to these chatrooms, I did realise that there is as much vitriol and anger and hate as there was praise. And I think it's even harder for women, as well. Then this particular case – yes, there was a fansite that, you know, people could access and I understand that it was something I was sponsoring. And I just had to put a stop to it. Why should I be paying for somebody to be so vitriolic and evil towards my fiancee? It's just a pity. It's a forum for people, I guess, to express whatever anger and sadness they have in their lives. But it's incredibly cowardly in one sense. It's a very schoolyard mentality, I think."
Presumably a fan who posts disparaging comments about Gruffudd's fiancee or vandalises her Wikipedia entry is labouring under the illusion that she is a threat to that person's ability to meet and form a relationship with Gruffudd themselves.
"That's the thing. That's the delusion of a lot of these people, I suppose. In fact, it's not even that. It's not really relevant that I exist, or Alice exists. It's relevant that the idea of us exists."

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I honestly think it’s a mix of both with heavy emphasis on the latter.

It appears to me that she has spent years wanting to make sure everyone knows her partner is handsome whilst simultaneously trying to keep him down a peg or two. I think that in truth, it probably makes her feel a bit on edge/insecure. Not to suggest she’s some hag who was out of her depth, I don’t think that at all. It’s just a vibe I get. It’s also not entirely unreasonable. I’m sure many have been there with their own partners, I probably wouldn’t try and alienate mine from people who appreciate and care about him though.
Thank you for answering. That makes sense considering how she views fans with such contempt, frequently making thinly veiled insults about their appearance, lives”or rather lack of” their attempts to curry his favor even though according to her he hates them. I find her incredibly transparent in her motives and she seems to think she’s above everyone else. I also believe she’s more or was more than a bit insecure.

Our thread is now at 116k 👀

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The irony in fans from that site being called delusional is not lost on me 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"For the first time in our conversation, Gruffudd seems slightly hesitant: "That's a whole world that is sort of ... it was so appalling to me because I'm of that generation where computers didn't quite make it to the classroom in my high school, so the whole internet thing, I'm not versed in it. I also ... very early in my career when I did pop onto the internet and went to these chatrooms, I did realise that there is as much vitriol and anger and hate as there was praise. And I think it's even harder for women, as well. Then this particular case – yes, there was a fansite that, you know, people could access and I understand that it was something I was sponsoring. And I just had to put a stop to it. Why should I be paying for somebody to be so vitriolic and evil towards my fiancee? It's just a pity. It's a forum for people, I guess, to express whatever anger and sadness they have in their lives. But it's incredibly cowardly in one sense. It's a very schoolyard mentality, I think."

Presumably a fan who posts disparaging comments about Gruffudd's fiancee or vandalises her Wikipedia entry is labouring under the illusion that she is a threat to that person's ability to meet and form a relationship with Gruffudd themselves.
"That's the thing. That's the delusion of a lot of these people, I suppose. In fact, it's not even that. It's not really relevant that I exist, or Alice exists. It's relevant that the idea of us exists."
Where is this from? IG was delusional if he really believed this crap and again he pretends not to understand the "whole internet thing" like he's 90.
"Why should I be paying for somebody to be so vitriolic and evil towards my fiancee?" Well they actually weren't and the site was good for your image, that's why your agent told you to pay for it.

"It's a forum for people, I guess, to express whatever anger and sadness they have in their lives." No it wasn't but he obviously got a lot of anger from AE over it so I think that's what he was really referring to.

"Presumably a fan who posts disparaging comments about Gruffudd's fiancee or vandalises her Wikipedia entry is labouring under the illusion that she is a threat to that person's ability to meet and form a relationship with Gruffudd themselves." WTF? LOL I never realised how powerful trolls were. I guess that's what AE told him and he was drinking the Kool Aid back then.

This is why he lost a ton of fans. No one likes being smeared as "evil" and patronised as "delusional" by someone they admired but he was totally pussy whipped back then. Not a good look. I hope the 2 years of subsequent unemployment gave him time to reflect.

The irony in fans from that site being called delusional is not lost on me 👀
Quite.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Where is this from? IG was delusional if he really believed this crap and again he pretends not to understand the "whole internet thing" like he's 90.
"Why should I be paying for somebody to be so vitriolic and evil towards my fiancee?" Well they actually weren't and the site was good for your image, that's why your agent told you to pay for it.

"It's a forum for people, I guess, to express whatever anger and sadness they have in their lives." No it wasn't but he obviously got a lot of anger from AE over it so I think that's what he was really referring to.

"Presumably a fan who posts disparaging comments about Gruffudd's fiancee or vandalises her Wikipedia entry is labouring under the illusion that she is a threat to that person's ability to meet and form a relationship with Gruffudd themselves." WTF? LOL I never realised how powerful trolls were. I guess that's what AE told him and he was drinking the Kool Aid back then.

This is why he lost a ton of fans. No one likes being smeared as "evil" and patronised as "delusional" by someone they admired but he was totally pussy whipped back then. Not a good look. I hope the 2 years of subsequent unemployment gave him time to reflect.

Quite.
I don’t blame the fans one bit! I would have said FY, see ya later. Which I suppose many of you did.
If that was the reason for the downturn in his career he deserved it. He must have been seriously whipped by AE to believe that load of utter bullshit. I wonder how many fans actually thought that?
I’m surprised he wasn’t on a leash! 🤭

Reactions: 1
That was an interview a few months later, in the summer of 2007, promoting Fantastic 4/Amazing Grace in Oz.
I know this thread is about the divorce but I really just need to discuss this further.

That time was really a turning point for IG. He’d recently starred opposite Keira Knightley, then Jessica Alba, played the lead role in a well-received historically significant movie, had a Burberry campaign with Rachel Weisz. Multiple sources were thinking out loud as to whether he’d be well-suited to play Bond (the face and accent probably being the catalyst for this particular consideration), he did a voiceover for Jaguar. It did for a moment there appear his star was on the rise.

Whilst I don’t think he was famous enough at this point for the forum drama to be picked up by the media and be an enormous detriment to his success, I also don’t think the incident helped his cause at all. When you’re a rising star, it’s probably best to not shoot yourself in the foot and insult the same people you expect to watch your projects, thereby increasing ratings and ticket sales and making you look like a worthy investment. What would I know though, I was just a delusional stalker xx 🥰

Also at that time, the most prevalent comment in any review of his new projects was that his performances were wooden and lacking - yet somehow we are meant to believe he has spent 20 years putting on a fake persona to the public and “acting” like someone else that convincingly? Ok sure AE, go off sis.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I don’t blame the fans one bit! I would have said FY, see ya later. Which I suppose many of you did.
If that was the reason for the downturn in his career he deserved it. He must have been seriously whipped by AE to believe that load of utter bullshit. I wonder how many fans actually thought that?
I’m surprised he wasn’t on a leash! 🤭
One last thing. Who else thinks that word salad came from swmbo? “She who must be obeyed.”

Quite.
I know this thread is about the divorce but I really just need to discuss this further.

That time was really a turning point for IG. He’d recently starred opposite Keira Knightley, then Jessica Alba, played the lead role in a well-received historically significant movie, had a Burberry campaign with Rachel Weisz. Multiple sources were thinking out loud as to whether he’d be well-suited to play Bond (the face and accent probably being the catalyst for this particular consideration), he did a voiceover for Jaguar. It did for a moment there appear his star was on the rise.

Whilst I don’t think he was famous enough at this point for the forum drama to be picked up by the media and be an enormous detriment to his success, I also don’t think the incident helped his cause at all. When you’re a rising star, it’s probably best to not shoot yourself in the foot and insult the same people you expect to watch your projects, thereby increasing ratings and ticket sales and making you look like a worthy investment. What would I know though, I was just a delusional stalker xx 🥰

Also at that time, the most prevalent comment in any review of his new projects was that his performances were wooden and lacking - yet somehow we are meant to believe he has spent 20 years putting on a fake persona to the public and “acting” like someone else that convincingly? Ok sure AE, go off sis.
After everything I’ve read “every single post on both threads” it’s crystal clear that the delusional fans could see what IG could not see or refused to see. Until it was too late. I often wonder if he thinks about that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
AE seems very conflicted about this. I think that is why the divorce is causing meltdowns - so much of her identity was tied in with his. I think she is bitter her career fizzled out while his has improved now after the jobless post marriage years. How will she get on the red carpet now? Her only way of getting media attention at this stage is SM meltdowns and actual car crashes. She needs to reinvent herself. Even her etsy page has his photo on it.

Despite being intelligent, she presents this "damsel in distress" image on SM a lot. She can't call the plumber or the water guy? It's IG's job apparently even though he doesn't live there anymore.

As for nuking his following, she did just that again on his "official" unofficial FB page. It has now turned into an IG hate site and is a total embarrassment for him. He severed ties with the 2 Admins there. Ironically he made two nice videos for his fans there which he never did for IOL. How much that would have been appreciated back in the day?! Instead all he gets on his FB page is his ex-fans saying how fake he is in the videos he did for them which they previously liked. :unsure: 🤡
Those comments in that group about his videos really have me steaming!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

One last thing. Who else thinks that word salad came from swmbo? “She who must be obeyed.”

After everything I’ve read “every single post on both threads” it’s crystal clear that the delusional fans could see what IG could not see or refused to see. Until it was too late. I often wonder if he thinks about that?
"Love is blind."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Yes this was when he said in interviews that he wanted to be the next James Bond and get $20 million per movie. It didn't seem so far fetched then, because as was said, he seemed to be a rising star. The success of F4 seemed to go to his head and he was prepared to throw fans under the bus to please AE, and I suppose, because he thought he would get loads of new ones anyway.

Then as a former fan I started looking at what he was actually doing after all that drama. Rubbish basically. Bit parts in forgettable stuff.

It's only with Forever, Liar and Harrow that he is finally getting decent roles again. Maybe it's ok to be a fan again now? :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Will be actually interesting to see how his career develops from here. He has the face now to play more diverse roles and he is mostly doing roles with his natural accent now (I only briefly saw bits of his last show in Oz: he does need to cut down the overacting, but then again Scott Caan proves that this doesnt always matter LOL). He obviously will never be more than a c-list actor, but ignoring his personal life for a moment he does still have potential.

Three of Alice's friends have said so far that the day of reckoning will come for him and they've all hinted at big reveals via books and whatever, so I assume Alice does plan to drop the big accusations at some point (unless those are just empty threats of course), and she will probably underestimate the impact it may have on job offers (they are massively luckly that no one picked up the CP innuendo the other day, alone the accusation would have been the end for him), unless her plan is it to do it once she has financial security over a new relationship.

So this might be a moot point anyway. It might be actually even now: For his status as a relatively minor actor he is lucky that he still gets a decent role despite appearing (albeit briefly, because they all stopped caring half a year ago) on all big tabloids with the accusation of being an abuser that left his family. Might also be an indicator that us internet trolls are not the only ones who dont buy anything Alice claims without thinking, though.

The success of F4 seemed to go to his head
didnt that actually flop even? At least the 2nd movie

you can discuss anything related to them here, dw. Might even fill some gaps.

Reactions: 3
Will be actually interesting to see how his career develops from here. He has the face now to play more diverse roles and he is mostly doing roles with his natural accent now (I only briefly saw bits of his last show in Oz: he does need to cut down the overacting, but then again Scott Caan proves that this doesnt always matter LOL). He obviously will never be more than a c-list actor, but ignoring his personal life for a moment he does still have potential.

Three of Alice's friends have said so far that the day of reckoning will come for him and they've all hinted at big reveals via books and whatever, so I assume Alice does plan to drop the big accusations at some point (unless those are just empty threats of course), and she will probably underestimate the impact it may have on job offers (they are massively luckly that no one picked up the CP innuendo the other day, alone the accusation would have been the end for him), unless her plan is it to do it once she has financial security over a new relationship.

So this might be a moot point anyway. It might be actually even now: For his status as a relatively minor actor he is lucky that he still gets a decent role despite appearing (albeit briefly, because they all stopped caring half a year ago) on all big tabloids with the accusation of being an abuser that left his family. Might also be an indicator that us internet trolls are not the only ones who dont buy anything Alice claims without thinking, though.

I can’t imagine that any man would be stupid enough to enter into a relationship with AE. Unless it was one of her minion fanboys. 🤪

I thought his absolute best role was Hornblower, followed by Forever. He did overact a bit in Harrow but I still enjoyed it.
I hope AE doesn’t think she can make a living by writing a great reveal book on her ex. She would only stir up a hornets nest of problems; possibly legal, monetary and certainly emotional. She wouldn’t make much money and her kids would be the biggest victims. Plus, it’s a he said, she said.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I can’t imagine that any man would be stupid enough to enter into a relationship with AE. Unless it was one of her minion fanboys. 🤪

I thought his absolute best role was Hornblower, followed by Forever. He did overact a bit in Harrow but I still enjoyed it.
I hope AE doesn’t think she can make a living by writing a great reveal book on her ex. She would only stir up a hornets nest of problems; possibly legal, monetary and certainly emotional. She wouldn’t make much money and her kids would be the biggest victims. Plus, it’s a he said, she said.
Well after asking for second husband applications her FMs had to say to someone "She said no already". She has baggage now that she didn't have 20 years ago but who knows who the lucky man will be?

I think the tell-all book is an idle threat. It's in the same league as threatening to doxx us all. It would have to be self published and might earn her about $50. That said maybe a gossip magazine might be interested but he is too C List for that to be worth much money.

I will check out Forever. It is out on dvd which is one of the things the fans managed to achieve through SM. See fans are not completely irrelevant IG?

As for the two F4s he did - the numbers were good but he was totally replaceable and they did just that with the third F4. Crap movies of course.

Release
Date
TitleProduction
Budget
Opening
Weekend
Domestic
Box Office
Worldwide
Box Office
Aug 7, 2015Fantastic Four$120,000,000$25,685,737$56,117,548$167,849,187
Jun 15, 2007Fantastic Four: Rise of the…$120,000,000$58,051,684$131,921,738$289,480,691
Jul 8, 2005Fantastic Four$87,500,000$56,061,504$154,696,080$333,132,750

Last edited:
  • Haha
but it got cancelled, lol

Anyway, looks like Alice is reconnecting with her brother again judging from her twitter last night. Finally a good move.

Just a quick question and I apologize if it has been asked and answered before, but does anyone here follow IG on Instagram? I know his social media is locked down but I was just curious.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.