Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. I don't know what they are doing in Hollywood at this stage. I suppose it's home now and his buddy Mathew Rhys is there but his Hollywood A list dream didn't work out and his work is everywhere else. His best work was in gritty TV roles not some bit part in a big Hollywood movie.

She needs to do a big sale to make some money. Those prices are very ambitious.
Does Matthew Rhys live in NY? Maybe just part-time. IDK. He has a dinner boat business there. It looks really cool!

Off topic, but Alice, if you're reading, can you tell Matthew Rhys I love him? For ages and ages I thought he was gay IRL because he was so great in Brothers and Sisters, and The Americans is one of my top ten shows of the 2010s. Thanks!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Long time lurker,
I'm puzzled by her lack of irl friends, she has young children & does the school run, maybe her children to outside clubs & activities?? But as long as I can remember I've always established friendships with other mums. It's part of the parenting thing, meeting up so children can play together etc.. sad really that she has not formed any bonds

Reactions: 5
On the last bit: I bet he feels the same way about her LOL

Also interesting that she was the one who blocked him. I'm pretty sure they stopped following each other around the same time as Ioan and their eldest daughter did too. This and the mutual insistence to have Ioan come by home give you probably the picture how far this has gone.

Reactions: 3
I think the reason they live in LA is partly to do with screen tests interviews and mostly to do with paying less tax than they would if they were resident in the UK.
I know someone who was in a very famous band got lots of awards does this for those reasons.
Hell Rod Stewart has been doing this for 50 years.

Reactions: 4
AE: And yes to the Narc part. I was just completely oblivious until he hit me with it out of the blue. All I can think now is how can I have been so dumb for 20 years abs how embarrassing, for want ofa better word. 😢.

Eh?? how did she manage to have 20 "perfect" years with a narc? And want to fight against the separation? I think now that he is not dancing to her tune he is suddenly a "narc". Classic DARVO Bet she told Ella that her dad is a narc too. :mad:

AE: would I make it through the endless weeks and months of not knowing what’s going to happen and where he is or why he did this to us? Probably not.

If she had any self-awareness she would know why this happened. We can certainly get the clues from her socials. As for what's going to happen, it's probably wise to read the pre-nup she signed... And he's in France, she got that from Ella.

It seems like she is still in the denial phase of grief. And the anger stage too. She still has to go through bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. Remember he said he didn't love her last August so she has had a full year to process that and didn't get very far. I am not sure she will ever get to acceptance at this rate.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
AE: And yes to the Narc part. I was just completely oblivious until he hit me with it out of the blue. All I can think now is how can I have been so dumb for 20 years abs how embarrassing, for want ofa better word. 😢.

Eh?? how did she manage to have 20 "perfect" years with a narc? And want to fight against the separation? I think now that he is not dancing to her tune he is suddenly a "narc". Classic DARVO Bet she told Ella that her dad is a narc too. :mad:

AE: would I make it through the endless weeks and months of not knowing what’s going to happen and where he is or why he did this to us? Probably not.

If she had any self-awareness she would know why this happened. We can certainly get the clues from her socials. As for what's going to happen, it's probably wise to read the pre-nup she signed... And he's in France, she got that from Ella.

It seems like she is still in the denial phase of grief. And the anger stage too. She still has to go through bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. Remember he said he didn't love her last August so she has had a full year to process that and didn't get very far. I am not sure she will ever get to acceptance at this rate.
She is online telling people he’s in France and now she doesn’t know where he is? 🤔

And out of the blue he tells you he’s a narcissist? 😏 Or he tells you he doesn’t love you anymore and he’s leaving? If the latter was out of the blue then she must have been living in serious denial even then. Maybe she thinks he’s still coming back.
I fail to see how throwing shade at him helps her while she waits to see what will happen. It would be better to take control of her situation and life with what she has and stop worrying about him. He’s moved on.
I also do not believe for one minute that there is no way to establish contact with him about the girls in an emergency through a third party.
As for him being a narcissist? If so then she should conside herself lucky he’s gone. Yet she’s so sad a narcissist left. 🤔

Reactions: 7
The whole out of the blue narrative is a tad weird, because in the end the only way to tell somebody that you dont love them anymore without it being out of the blue is to first act like a dick for months/years so that it doesnt come as a surprise (which then would be considered as torture, which funny enough she also blamed him for), otherwise it will ALWAYS feel out of the blue. It usually happens like this because they try to fight off that feeling without upsetting their partner (which is also why he planned holidays for them just weeks earlier, as she claimed).

It's also not like he told her and left, there were at least 4 months between. I obviously have no clue how he acted in those months (though apparently still good enough for her to still wanting him back in the weeks after he left), but in general when somebody wants to go and the other not it will get nasty, and you may do things you otherwise wouldnt do just to finally make the cut, doesnt make you an narc.

On the last bit: I bet he feels the same way about her LOL

Also interesting that she was the one who blocked him. I'm pretty sure they stopped following each other around the same time as Ioan and their eldest daughter did too. This and the mutual insistence to have Ioan come by home give you probably the picture how far this has gone.
What really “astounds”me is her declaration of how embarrassing it is that she made the mistake of being married to him for 20 years. Seriously?
As Bridgeofsighs mentioned, it’s classic DARVO! I imagine if anyone is embarrassed it’s him. I know I would be. 🙄

Reactions: 7
Well, after how she talks nowadays about him I too would feel embarassed when looking back at how she talked/felt about him the past years. Same applies to those admin (and to a lesser extend him, but his public displays were less frequent, especially in the past years, and usually more modest). But that's what happens when you do everything in public

What really “astounds”me is her declaration of how embarrassing it is that she made the mistake of being married to him for 20 years. Seriously?
As Bridgeofsighs mentioned, it’s classic DARVO! I imagine if anyone is embarrassed it’s him. I know I would be. 🙄
Yesss. She's the one spewing all over the internet. He has some class.

Also I can't believe he isn't checking up on her stuff online. After all he knows other people are and he might be asked about it or it might be used in the custody battle. Despite the block, there are ways to do this ;) I imagine it must be awful being called a narc, etc, when you aren't and I don't believe he is. No evidence apart from an unreliable narrator's word. Maybe she is trying to put off potential girlfriends? LOL

Also the marriage lasted 13 years. There was a very long courtship phase of 7 years.

Reactions: 2
Yesss. She's the one spewing all over the internet. He has some class.

Also I can't believe he isn't checking up on her stuff online. After all he knows other people are and he might be asked about it or it might be used in the custody battle. Despite the block, there are ways to do this ;) I imagine it must be awful being called a narc, etc, when you aren't and I don't believe he is. No evidence apart from an unreliable narrator's word. Maybe she is trying to put off potential girlfriends? LOL

Also the marriage lasted 13 years. There was a very long courtship phase of 7 years.
I just bet she’s trying to put off potential girlfriends. It’s more of the get revenge strategy for him daring to fall out of love with her. She’s enough alone to put anyone off going anywhere near him!
And you’re exactly right that 7 years was more than enough time to figure out that he was a narcissist ffs. But I suppose saying this is her way of saving face. Oh well, he was a narcissist anyway. 😒

I mean she may genuine think that, or she may try to convince herself to make herself feel better about it, or he may genuine be one (both can be), who knows.

I do agree though that I can't picture her taking it too well when he eventually does move on to someone else, so yeah, that may play a part.

Funny enough if I was interested in him nothing she said about him would immediately put me off, but the fact that I'd had to deal with her 😅

• Haha
I just bet she’s trying to put off potential girlfriends. It’s more of the get revenge strategy for him daring to fall out of love with her. She’s enough alone to put anyone off going anywhere near him!
And you’re exactly right that 7 years was more than enough time to figure out that he was a narcissist ffs. But I suppose saying this is her way of saving face. Oh well, he was a narcissist anyway. 😒
When the ioanonline debacle happened before the wedding. I was thinking that it set a bad precedence as to what kind of marriage it would be. Firstly AE would wear the trousers and secondly if he displeased / left her, she wasn't going to hold back. She would want revenge. In his naivete, he never thought that he would be the one in the firing line. But she shafted his fans, and now it's his turn. He shouldn't be surprised.

Funny enough if I was interested in him nothing she said about him would immediately put me off, but the fact that I'd had to deal with her 😅
Yes, next girlfriend will be lined up for the role of "evil stepmother" by AE (and possibly the kids if AE has anything to do with it). Doesn't matter how nice she might be. It will take a strong person to deal with the tit she will be flinging at them publicly.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When the ioanonline debacle happened before the wedding. I was thinking that it set a bad precedence as to what kind of marriage it would be. Firstly AE would wear the trousers and secondly if he displeased / left her, she wasn't going to hold back. She would want revenge. In his naivete, he never thought that he would be the one in the firing line. But she shafted his fans, and now it's his turn. He shouldn't be surprised.

Yes, next girlfriend will be lined up for the role of "evil stepmother" by AE (and possibly the kids if AE has anything to do with it). Doesn't matter how nice she might be. It will take a strong person to deal with the tit she will be flinging at them publicly.
Yes, for him that should have been a glaring red neon flag. I find it interesting that it happened once she had a ring on her finger. It was a truly sh**ty thing to make him do. He could have simply made a rule to not discuss his personal life, that it was hurtful to him, and asked for an apology for her. It could have been done with tact and easily smoothed out. That would have been compromise. I doubt she would buy it though and probably raised hell at him. In my opinion.

Yes, for him that should have been a glaring red neon flag. I find it interesting that it happened once she had a ring on her finger. It was a truly sh**ty thing to make him do. He could have simply made a rule to not discuss his personal life, that it was hurtful to him, and asked for an apology for her. It could have been done with tact and easily smoothed out. That would have been compromise. I doubt she would buy it though and probably raised hell at him. In my opinion.
Also his two years of no work followed the deep sixing the website and his marriage. Going by IMDB 2008-09 were jobless years (the projects come out a year after they are done). Could be a coincidence but who knows? I don't think AE wanted compromise. It was revenge for the Wiki edits that seem to have kept going anyway so it's not like she stopped them. :ROFLMAO:

lol I laughed when - after Alice acted like Ioan never stood up for her on the website matter because he feared for his career - one follower replied to her "if he had stood up for you people would have respected him more and it would have enhanced his career", and she agreed!

Except that he did do exactly that eventually and his career nosedived then (maybe unrelated, but that's beside the point). It's kinda fascinating how easy it is to deceive these people 😆

This is btw not to say that a celeb should accept abuse on their partner for their career's sake. Absolutely not, but getting the shut gun out to aimlessly find the culprit is not the way to go either. Neither is it to freak out over minor criticism. Balance is important, sadly that was missing then and is missing now.

Reactions: 4
Long time lurker,
I'm puzzled by her lack of irl friends, she has young children & does the school run, maybe her children to outside clubs & activities?? But as long as I can remember I've always established friendships with other mums. It's part of the parenting thing, meeting up so children can play together etc.. sad really that she has not formed any bonds
Isn’t that extremely unusual? I had at least three sets of parents who would have taken my kids if need be, probably more.

Has anyone else seen this? https://www.cassandracomplex.org.nz...-troll-andrea-deaton-is-targeting-alice-evans

Last edited:
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.