Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
Well, this is the 2nd time that he terribly misjudged how to interact with fans. The first time (in the 2000s) - while he did generally the right thing to keep a distance - he ended up insulting his own fans and sunk his best marketing tool for nothing just to please his wife, and then doubled down on this in an interview.

This time he tried to be more open to fans (starting in 2014) and made a specific sector of them believe that they are close and special, and it was obvious that this would end bad: they were starting to moan about him not being as active on Social Media as he used to be already 2-3 years ago. Never ever give fans these sort of expectations. It WILL backfire.

I hope he has learned his lessons now, and stays away from fans bar the general thank you message every celeb does. Anything else just will end badly, that's why almost no serious celeb does this shit. He actually had the right idea years ago by keeping a distance and ignoring shit, so without the driving force behind both debacles in the picture he may be able to make smarter decisions.
I blame AE. 🤣

Reactions: 1

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
He proposed to her on New Years Eve of 2005. The wedding just took place nearly two years later.

IMO both the time he waited and her ultimatum (considering her age and that she just came from a relationship where she was left out in the dry on this matter for long) were fair enough. I also get the impression from what both said that it wasnt a knife on the throat kind of ultimatum anyway. But obviously with all the other things in context you can see it as a little red flag.

California Law is absolutely terrible for those who have a lot of money (high Spousal and Child Support, Spousal Support lasts virtually a lifetime if married more than 10 years, community property, etc.), so if you dont do a prenup you are an idiot.
Poor poor Ioan. So he has to support her for the rest of her life if nothing changes?
And why does she only get 30% of the house sale? If you already answered sorry.

HappyCamper9864

nah, She and Ella saw it in the Daily Mail. Then Elsie came home from Ioan and they showed it to her, which obviously made freak her out.

(not that this is any better)

Think LA schools were in complete lockdown until april, and Alice was one of the many parents who decided to keep up homeschooling for longer
Thank you @welp! I wonder if AE saw it and showed Big E or if Big E saw it and showed AE. Do you remember if AE mentioned getting served? If so, what date was that? I'm sorry. LOL But you got da info! :LOL:

Trollstice

I don’t think many women would be thrilled about having to sell their family home and getting 15% of the value. Of all the divorced friend/family I know I can’t think of a single case where either the Mother did not staying in the home until the children were grown up or getting at least half the value. I honestly don’t think pre nups should be enforced when there are still minor children.

paris123

Nope not Alice. Just thinking of things from both points of view. I saw a film of her go crazy at a blogger in a car park. So, I can see she can be highly strung. But, I can also sympathise with her since, I feel she cannot see outside of Ioan grufford at the moment. We’ve all been there. Once you meet someone else, you can look at previous relationships and see them in a different light.

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
AE: I don't really have any family left... Just my brother and sister in law.

She has 2 brothers. Is she not speaking to the other one?

As for her politicial posturing, I am sure Glenn Greenwald was schooled!! 😄

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
Yes, they were not exactly a good advertisement for the fandom - always jumping down people's throats and just the sort of people to be besties with AE. This was in stark contrast to April who ran his website. No one disliked her although sadly she got a lot of complaints when she put the Mod on silent mode (not banned as AE had demanded). This was hardly April's fault - she was trying to keep her employer and his lunatic gf happy and she couldn't really win.

The FMs say a lot of things in retrospective. The fan videos he did were very nice and didn't seem forced - although to be fair to AE, I think she encouraged him to do them for fans. They have done a 180 on IG. Every nice photo of him smiling (especially post separation) is now "fake". But that's what they are, fake fans. Unlike Zhora who is still in touch with IG.

And there was no pleasing her in the end either. He seemed a wuss or "pussy" as AE called him. When I heard about the divorce - I was like - finally he discovered his balls!
He must have found the key or the combination to the safe where AE had been keeping them from the moment they got together. 😆

• Haha

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
I'm quite certain that most men would have cut off the kids too just to avoid having ANY chance of contact with a person like this anymore.
Lots of people have toxic exes and still manage to see their kids without having to come in to contact with the ex.
We were warned about lockdown and he wasn't working at that time He could have chosen to be over here just to be neaerer to them but he chose to stay abroad.

It seems like both are putting their needs above the needs of their kids

HappyCamper9864

The Blast is a gossip site. They get this sort of stuff first usually. The Daily Mail just got it from them.

As for the branches thing: generally in California if you file for divorce it becomes public domain. All papers are available in the courthouse (and the tabloids will find out in a matter of hours), but apparently you can delay this by a bit (until your partner is served at least, so they dont have to read it in the Daily Mail lmao) if you file in sub branches across the city. I dont know the exact process but Laura Wasser mentioned this a few times as something many celeb clients do. Obviously he didnt.
Ah, ok, I see. Well dang, his lawyers are responsible for this. I was wondering why/how she heard about it before she was served. That sucks! You would think that in LA, of all places, there would be a delay, by statute, to keep this from happening. They should have had her served straight from the courthouse to her house. Thanks again for the info!

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
I would like to add to my opinion about the IOL debacle that AE probably made it impossible for IG to continue supporting the website and forced him to get rid of the moderator. No doubt she gave him another ultimatum.
Truthfully I still believe it affected his career. That and leaving the Uk. He could have had a career like Matthew Rhys.
Was AE his new manager and agent? Did she steer him to Hollywood where he lost the grounding of his family and roots?And why did AE insist on coming forward with the Weinstein incident when he begged her not to?

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
Matthew Rhys has a brilliant American accent, that's what got him a good career.

I dont think that Benedict Cumberbatch is that brilliant, but by focusing on the UK for a good part he got a massive career out of it. Not saying Ioan could have done exactly the same, but even close to it would have been a massive improvement.
With coaching and focusing on better acting and the accent could IG have done better? I thought he was really good in Hornblower and Forever.

HappyCamper9864

Take a look at what weirdo alicescarf posted. Methinks she doth protest too much or she herself is projecting as she frequently makes sexual comments about IG. I’m thinking this must be exactly what is going on with her rather than the fans she’s accusing. 🤣😈🤪View attachment 830521

Yes, that debacle. Drama Queen to the max, wouldn’t you say?
I already can't find the post above where someone said he blocked her and that's why
Well, this is the 2nd time that he terribly misjudged how to interact with fans. The first time (in the 2000s) - while he did generally the right thing to keep a distance - he ended up insulting his own fans and sunk his best marketing tool for nothing just to please his wife, and then doubled down on this in an interview.

This time he tried to be more open to fans (starting in 2014) and made a specific sector of them believe that they are close and special, and it was obvious that this would end bad: they were starting to moan about him not being as active on Social Media as he used to be already 2-3 years ago. Never ever give fans these sort of expectations. It WILL backfire.

I hope he has learned his lessons now, and stays away from fans bar the general thank you message every celeb does. Anything else just will end badly, that's why almost no serious celeb does this shit. He actually had the right idea years ago by keeping a distance and ignoring shit, so without the driving force behind both debacles in the picture he may be able to make smarter decisions.
I definitely believe there are lessons to be learned, like we all have learned in different areas of our lives. But I also believe that it is likely that none of us have ever been in his shoes and even if we were, the exact circumstances would be different (like being single and dating lots of women, or being married but having an understanding wife, maybe no kids. IDK just different because we're all different). We all handle trials in our lives differently and I think it's easy to sit back and say, "I would do this or that differently." I think if we all put ourselves in his shoes at that time of IOL we may think he did the right thing. I don't think his letter back then was bad. Sure, I'm sure it hurt the fans but really, what was he to do? He chose his fiancé over his fans. Can you blame him? At that time, he thought she was the love of his life. I thought his letter to IOL was to the point and professional. He did thank the people who were being kind and NOT speaking badly of AE.

And now? You can't blame him for trying to perhaps right the wrong that he did in 2006/7. To let Alice handle fandom, that way there would likely be no trouble like was in IOL. Of course it backfired with them turning against him. Sometimes you're just trying g to do the right thing and shit keeps happening.

Yes, he was financial backing IOL but the moderators/admins should have ousted the people who were trashtalking AE back then. I mean c'mon, how did it get that bad? If Ioan was paying for it, they shouldn't have allowed those comments. Of course I don't know all the details so I can't say that wasn't attempted. Just my two cents on that.

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
AE has calmed down a bit since getting triggered by IG on the red carpet. I wonder what her next trigger will be? I looked at some photos of that event and although he looks very good I decided he also seemed stressed and uncomfortable. He kept his hands out of view which makes me wonder if he bites his nails when under stress. If this seems like I’m looking for things that aren’t there I’m not. I’m just notice things others may not.
I have no doubt this is stressful for him. He used to grind his teeth at night even before this. I notice he wears a mask a lot so it's hard to read his body language.

Divorce is doubly hard if the ex goes public. I think AE is doing this to punish him.

• Heart