Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
If they ARE reading Tattle, that's Alice's responsibility.

Thanks, BingoFlamingo for posting the inane ramble for us to despair of.
He keeps saying things like "I have no option but to tell you exactly what Alice has been dealing with" and "You have been warned, Ioan." I then get excited to hope for the ground-breaking revelation that he is gonna make, the Big Thing he's been holding back until now, but no. It's another long ramble around a few rehashed and boring points that boil down to the mundane reality that all of us who have ever got divorced have dealt with sooner or later.
Not guilty guv 😊😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
You say 'eventually' like it was months before he said anything. He spoke out 10 days after his PR people initially said it would be inappropriate to comment.

10 days.

In your original post, #737, you completely left out the fact that he had written a letter. It made it seem as though the campaign criticised him for his statement saying he couldn't comment, and then 2 years later he claimed he had supported them. It made him look like a liar.

That's why I said it seemed like something was missing...and it was. He wrote the letter. Buttertart pasted the link to the article. You didn't mention this originally which is why Welp said context was missing.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ioan-joins-battle-save-burberry-2301415
@IHateHadargoyle is this behind a paywall for you?
No, but it’s a real pain to read due to all the ads.

Reactions: 4

Knitwit

VIP Member
Maybe its the way you go about it that gets peoples backs up
I don't appreciate your 'you and us' angle here. Perhaps it would be better for you to hit ignore if you don't want to respond to my reply to your direct question, or preferably insult me directly and let me know how exactly I should be going about it so I don't get the 'peoples backs up'.

SusanC

VIP Member
By taking it over there, do you mean BW Instagram page? There arent any preggo comments. More comments about the sun glowing behind her, and loving on the coat.

We know it was a joke.
I thought someone said people over there were asking questions like twins? and commenting about her being glowing?

Sorry to bother you at work! Pls, return to your job if this is too upsetting right now. I talk so much, just ignore me if you want to!

Your opinion is totally not harmful in the general sense of your belief that BW is trolling. I think it was the accusatory nature of "you all" followed by a disputable claim that could rub others the wrong way, you know what I mean? If I told people who don't like Bianca, "BW's amazing. You're all just being excessively picky about what qualities you find admirable in another human being, and you don't even realize it"...chances are they'll be like, "Whoa, now, why the judgment? You don't know what I'm thinking!" I think that's how the remark was coming off, and it can be inflammatory without you even intending it that way.

Also, the good news is, there are PLENTY of posters who feel dismay at BW and IG's choices! I have a couple of gripes, too! Many have concluded their posts with things along the lines of "I think everyone is to blame" or "I don't think anyone here is perfect" or "IG and BW shouldn't have done (actions), it was lousy"; I witnessed a lot of that shortly after the (in)famous first pics of Bianca and Ioan were posted to social media. A lot of people called it irresponsible.

And I know there are many more, myself included, who just don't voice the aforementioned sentiments because we're kind of already comfy knowing it's in our heads, like that's sort of enough for some of us. And in some cases, people just don't feel the need to explicitly say that. I can understand if these comments are harder to catch, but I promise you, they're being made, and maybe a couple of people in here will follow my post agreeing with you that BW and IG aren't innocent. I accidentally kickstarted a HUGE argument a number of threads ago about this...but I encourage people not to polarize/radicalize my opinions of IG and BW as being profoundly, unquestionably supportive nor implementing language that suggests this, and I'm sure some other people who favor BW and IG felt similarly about that issue.

Yeah, I don't condone the appearance-based quips about Alice/comparisons between Bianca and Alice's physical image, and I try to avoid them to the best of my ability. I don't know if I've ever let myself slip up, maybe at most once; I do consider that we all have some degree of ingrained sexism, fat-shaming, etc. based on societal conditioning, all of which could accidentally surface when we're in states of extreme anger or hurt or annoyance, when we're eager to shoot back at Alice to ease our own fiery emotions. That is NOT an excuse, just an explanation! It isn't fair, you're right, and I remember a few have asked that we try to avoid this going forward, so perhaps that's something we can keep in mind.

Thanks for clarifying, dear Nelly. I'm very sorry there's frustration on your end, but I really hope you stick around, and keep sharing your opinions, and I hope we can enjoy a space where people who have this opinion or that opinion can offer them in thoughtful ways that kickstart meaningful discussion and leave everyone feeling gooooooood. 💖

saraw946

I think that comment was along the lines of "If you were in the USA you wouldn't get it." Because of his diet hence his blood work etc.

Sorry, it just struck me as funny. Not funny but still a giggle.

It's that whole 'getting along with other people' thing that she struggles with. :sneaky:
If only people were easy to get along with - they should know their place and do what they are told!

View attachment 1026782
Trying to find the interview as aksed for above, but no luck. Did find this quote.

This one?
ALICE EVANS AND OLIVIER PICASSO - Invite us into their Parisian apartment
6 pages
View attachment 1026792
It is listed online for sale 2nd hand hard copy BUT the shop is closed. It is in the UK. Does anyone in the UK want to pursue it for us?
No, it was definitely not in Hello Magazine. It was in a much more upscale magazine. He mentioned her, but she was not present. Anyway, there was an interesting reference to her, but I'm not writing it here if I don't have the text to corroborate it.

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
I don’t think anyone has acted impeccably in this, but then name a divorce that went well. There’s always arguments (either in public like Brad and Angelina, or in private, Gwynnie and Chris come to mind).
Never easy for any party. Haven’t been through it myself but I can only imagine

Lizzymint

VIP Member
Nothing from Alcatone as yet she’s not started on the 🍷🍷🍷 , it’s just gone 9am I think , or has she 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow

Just William

VIP Member
The missing piece of info wasn't in the original article I don't think. I found a separate article online that connected the dots for me. I knew it didn't add up.
I'm glad that he did write a letter shortly after even though obviously the outcome didn't change.

Hats off to Michael Sheen, but not familiar with him or his work. I only know Matthew Rhys from an episode of Columbo (Columbo & the Nightlife) & he was good in it.

Dombey

She was only in her twenties/ early thirties when she was with Oliver, so maybe it was Alice who didn't want to marry Oliver? It looks like she had an affair for some time with Ioan before she left Oliver. It doesn't appear to have been an acrimonious split because there are photos of them together having lunch at a later date.
I dunno. Weird that Olivier knew IG before AE met IG. But who knows. Maybe Olivier is the one who promoted them, early on?

Clairer86

VIP Member
AE isn't in recovery is she and in denial that her behaviour is abnormal and damaging her children. I myself have mental health issues but I acknowledge them and I am in active recovery. So no she's not currently able to parent her kids properly.
I am glad you explained further as in the original post you seemed to say it in a very generalised way (ie) that mental health issues and having a pd make someone a bad parent. Which is not true and why i posted :)