Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #231 Roses are red, Alice is blue. We think she’s mental and Dupee does too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it is pointless trying to rationalise why Alice behaves the way she does. She is an adult with a limited set of behaviours and responses and she has shown she contact control her impulses, drunk or sober. If she can’t lovebomb you into her control she will try to attack and break you down. Her internal and external justifications don’t need to be rational and will change to fit the chaos she has created.
---
no, this is not how this works.

Children generally dont get to testify in court. The most that happens is that they go into a chamber with the judge if there is something the judge has to know but that the parent/s should not know (very common in abuse cases). Also this happens when no GAL is involved and the kids are asked to tell their preference.

However, in this case, the GAL is involved. So no matter if the GAL thinks that Ella's preference should be heard by the court it will be them telling it, and it also doesn't exclude the GAL saying what they believe is in the best interest.

Bottom line, the courts go out of their way to prevent a child from having to testify in court. The idea that a GAL is appointed and then says "yknow what, just do your thing" doesnt exist.

Also, when the court believes that a GAL is neccessary and when it's believed that alienation is involved the chances that the GAL thinks that a child should freely chose is very very very low. That's why the GAL advocated for the evaluation as well. There have been less severe cases of 17 year olds not being allowed to do that. It's a bit of a myth that California courts treat 14+ years old kids much differently. For this to happen they need to be very convinced that the child is very autonom and reasonable, and this just isn't the case here.
That’s what I mean by giving voice or advocating for her to be able to speak for herself. I don’t know what would happen in Ca but in UK ignoring someone at 14-15 is flawed and there would be a presumption she is given voice and included in decisions about her future.

Reactions: 12
So at 3am UK time this is posted. Still think it's AFE but we know she communicates with real Tone so he might have told her about it.

1708519519863.png

So the hearing better happen next Thursday - I hope IG's lawyer Katherine makes her feelings known about any further delay.

Reactions: 12
Well, she can now exchange the Frock of Furlough for the Parka of Procrastination, it would seem. As long as she doesn't forget to pair it with the Shirt of Self-Representation. 😁
Might I suggest the puffball skirt of perjury for Big Al’s court appearance? She’s never met one she didn’t like!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I don’t know what would happen in Ca but in UK ignoring someone at 14-15 is flawed and there would be a presumption she is given voice and included in decisions about her future.
I dont know how it's in the UK, but in California it's not like this (and California is actually even the best in the USA in this regard, because they at least give the theoretical possibility that a 14 year old can give their prefrence, other states dont even have that, or just at 16). It's under huge criticism even because it essentially forces children to not speak up against abusive parents (the chamber solution does exist everywhere, even for younger kids, but is not used that often)

I think it should be always about what is reasonable. A child that doesnt want to live with a parent because they are abusive = reasonable. A child that doesnt want to live with a parent because they are parenting them/have rules = not reasonable. And Ella clearly from everything all parties have said falls into the 2nd category, mixed in with some anger based on lies. And from what I understand this is how it's dealt with in California, and I think it's pretty reasonable. In my opinion it's the UK system (as often) that is flawed here, unless it's about where you want to primarly live rather than being able to fully cut a parent off. But a system that allows child to disown a solid parent is not a good one.

Where the system in California is flawed is that they have a hard time filtering genuine alienation cases from genuine abuse cases, too often they assume for both things alienation, and that's why things like reunification therapies get a bad name even if it's used for genuine cases like this one.

Also you are talking about a "presumption" which means even in the UK a judge/professionals could say that the child doesnt have the capacities (in this case due to manipulation) to be included in decisions about their immediate future, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Might I suggest the puffball skirt of perjury for Big Al’s court appearance? She’s never met one she didn’t like!
She needs to decorate a new handbag to go with it. But what to put on it? "AE won" and on the other side "Fu*kos"

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I know it's not going to happen anyway but even if the kids did testify it would work against Alice and would only be more evidence of severe parental alienation. Look at the fake RO hearing - clear as day to the judge what was really going on and poor E was an unwitting pawn in Alice's shenanigans.

Reactions: 26
I know it's not going to happen anyway but even if the kids did testify it would work against Alice and would only be more evidence of severe parental alienation. Look at the fake RO hearing - clear as day to the judge what was really going on and poor E was an unwitting pawn in Alice's shenanigans.
The GAL will know the score and she will be speaking in court.

I am just so stunned that the socks and Tone are trumpeting about Alice having 'won' and Ioan 'lost'. I can only assume this means the evaluation report recommends custody to Alice. I just can't believe that this could be the outcome. If it is, maybe Alice fired Bernal to save/claw back the money which Bernal would have expended on the trial. If the evaluation report recommends the kids stay with Alice, she probably thinks it's pointless to pay Bernal for the custody trial. Re: the financial, I think she thinks she can just continue bluffing and not providing any evidence - she has got away with it so far.
I'm just shocked, and frankly have lost all faith in the justice system, if this is the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I am just so stunned that the socks and Tone are trumpeting about Alice having 'won' and Ioan 'lost'. I can only assume this means the evaluation report recommends custody to Alice. I just can't believe that this could be the outcome. If it is, maybe Alice fired Bernal to save/claw back the money which Bernal would have expended on the trial. If the evaluation report recommends the kids stay with Alice, she probably thinks it's pointless to pay Bernal for the custody trial. Re: the financial, I think she thinks she can just continue bluffing and not providing any evidence - she has got away with it so far.
I'm just shocked, and frankly have lost all faith in the justice system, if this is the case.
What is really sad/sick is that anyone thinks that destroying the relationship a loving parent has with their children is considered winning for anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
no sock has claimed this. the one that did is actually a anti-Alice account that tries to troll everyone and they did this as a reaction to our reaction.

Tone is always posting about winning whenever Alice fires a lawyer, which includes the one time she fired a lawyer before losing her DVRO case. and the timing fits perfectly

Also the refund for her lawyer would go to the blocked account (thats where it came from) - essentially to Ioan.

there is zero chance that a California custody evaluator would recommend sole custody when the other parent has not been abusive. The most I can see is that they recommended the kids to stay with Alice until therapy works (which is obviously never)

What could be the case of course and we will find it out soon if they have actually settled, but that's very unlikely. Alice would at least wait for the paperwork to be filed before sacking her lawyer

Re: the financial, I think she thinks she can just continue bluffing and not providing any evidence - she has got away with it so far.
There needs to be penalties for this. Even further reducing what she can expect from IG.

As AFE is representing herself, I expect a lot of crying, interrupting and walk outs. She will try to have Ella sitting beside her. Will that be allowed @Hiraeth ?? Or No Shows as there's a SICK CHILD to look after or she mysteriously forgets the date. Either way it'll be a tit show but we knew that anyway.

Alice is going to go full Betty Broderick and attempt to cross examine Ioan about the "affair" if she self reps in court.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.