Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #231 Roses are red, Alice is blue. We think she’s mental and Dupee does too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, here’s what the nunc pro tunc minute order says, in English and not legalese.
  • “Nunc pro tunc” is the term for a court order that corrects an earlier order of the court. So this February 21, 2024 minute order is correcting the court's minute order of February 7, 2024.
  • Dr. Dupee’s report came out on February 14, 2024.
  • The court had another case management call on February 14 to discuss the custody evaluation and postponing the trial.
  • Someone complained to the judge that the minute order of February 7 was not specific as to whether the trial briefs and witness lists, etc. that were to be filed on February 21, 2024 were to pertain to the custody trial only, or both the custody trial and the financial trial.
  • Given this information, the court ruled:
    • The February 29, 2024 hearing date is being kept on calendar for a status report on whether the trial dates of March 6, March 7, and March 13 will go forward.
    • If the parties do NOT stipulate among themselves to continue the trial, then the trial is going forward and all counsel will have to file witness lists, exhibit lists, trial briefs, and the side-by-side issue declaration relating to the custody and visitation issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Okay, here’s what the nunc pro tunc minute order says, in English and not legalese.
  • “Nunc pro tunc” is the term for a court order that corrects an earlier order of the court. So this February 21, 2024 minute order is correcting the court's minute order of February 7, 2024.
  • Dr. Dupee’s report came out on February 14, 2024.
  • The court had another case management call on February 14 to discuss the custody evaluation and postponing the trial.
  • Someone complained to the judge that the minute order of February 7 was not specific as to whether the trial briefs and witness lists, etc. that were to be filed on February 21, 2024 were to pertain to the custody trial only, or both the custody trial and the financial trial.
    • The February 29, 2024 hearing date is being kept on calendar for a status report on whether the trial dates of March 6, March 7, and March 13 will go forward.
    • If the parties do NOT stipulate among themselves to continue the trial, then the trial is going forward and all counsel will have to file witness lists, exhibit lists, trial briefs, and the side-by-side issue declaration relating to the custody and visitation issues.
I love doc drops but I can never make head nor tail of what they say. Thank god you always follow up with a translation into everyday English. 🙌🏼🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Am I right the minute order says the parties received Dr Dupee’s order on Feb 14th which is the same date-ish, that Tony started talking about a victory?
I doubt it's related. If it came out on 14 february (or thereabouts, I doubt they'd call a CMC on the same date unless it was a coincidence) and the lawyers were straight in a CMC the same day it's doubtful that Ioan and Alice were already told the contents. Tone tweeted on 15 february that something great and funny happened yesterday: the likely postponement of the trial fits well to this.

Reactions: 15
I doubt it's related. If it came out on 14 february (or thereabouts, I doubt they'd call a CMC on the same date unless it was a coincidence) and the lawyers were straight in a CMC the same day it's doubtful that Ioan and Alice were already told the contents. Tone tweeted on 15 february that something great and funny happened yesterday: the likely postponement of the trial fits well to this.
Hardly the demise of Caesar though is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
THIS is the big victory?? My god.
The thing is, even though she sacked Bernal, that was only last week, so all the prep work, bar getting Dr Ds report should have already been done. I guarantee that Ioans has been. Dr Ds report is due by the end of this week and the first hearing is next Thursday, so that is more than enough time for the information in the report to be digested by all parties.
The confirmation that she was self representing stated as from 13th of Feb in that document, is was just signed by them on later dates.
I really hope that Judge J, says no to a continuance, as its so bleeping obvious she is trying to stall it, what I wanna know is why? The report is coming whether she likes it or not 💅

Reactions: 21
for a normal person: no.

for a Evans sibling: absolutely.
If the crux of the report though, is Dr Dupee recommending the girls live with Alice full time, even if it then says in the report that this is the only viable option due to the PA…Alice will simply disregard the bits which are critical of her, and will absolutely tout this as a victory. That would make sense with the timing of Tony’s crowing.

Reactions: 14
If the crux of the report though, is Dr Dupee recommending the girls live with Alice full time, even if it then says in the report that this is the only viable option due to the PA…Alice will simply disregard the bits which are critical of her, and will absolutely tout this as a victory. That would make sense with the timing of Tony’s crowing.
She would be pushing hard for the trial not delaying it if that were the case

Reactions: 14
I don't know why but I feel like the trial will get kicked down the line. I hope I'm wrong!

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Spoke to the court and getting a transcript of this case management call is not possible, there was no transcript taken even though a reporter was listed (it was an error). I'll be ready to try for the February 29 case management conference, though!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I'm not reading it like this tbh: to me it sounds more like the judge decides based on the discussion they have if they postpone it or not. Would be epic though if Ioan's side could block it. Wonder if they will agree by stipulating to re-introduce supervised visitation as a compromsie. they did mention it in one hearing that this may happen at one of the status conferences if the decision is delayed.

btw a thought just came to me: what if Alice thought all this time (like me until recently) that she was paying Bernal for a financial trial. And she thinks that she doesnt need a lawyer for a custody trial because she wants to do that bit all herself lol.

I'm a broken record at this point, but this would be a very unusual verdict in California. They always desperately try to have children spend time with both parents, no matter the circumstances (for better or worse), so I cannot imagine something like this was ruled.

She also would never ever try to delay the trial if something like this was the case. It's way more likely that more intervention (therapy) etc was recommended for example.

Generally speaking it's a very bad idea to trust the reaction of Tony. The dude has declared Alice about 500 times so far as the winner and Ioan as the loser.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She would be pushing hard for the trial not delaying it if that were the case
Maybe not if she knows she’s all but won and wants to keep Dr Dupee’s (hopefully brutal) report on the extent of her PA contained for as long as possible?

Reactions: 4
I don't know why but I feel like the trial will get kicked down the line. I hope I'm wrong!
From what the minute order says, the only way that Alice is getting a continuance is if the GAL and Ioan's attorneys agree to stipulate to one. I really hope they don't (unless of course they need extra time to bolster their filings after the later-than-anticipated release of Dupée's report, then it's a continuance for a good cause).

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.