Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
I like M&S, and they have been targeted for years by "boycotters" purely because they're well known as a Jewish business. This has been going on for many years. Although recently it's become much more acceptable to openly target and boycott Jewish businesses, homes and people in the UK (adding further context here for non-uk peeps).
Never knew that. Oh well I’ll still shop there.

Reactions: 9

JoJo76

VIP Member
Turds, I finished The Christmas Card.

The funny thing is, it felt like she wasn’t even in it that much! The more senior actors stole the show tbh, they did get all the (mildly) comic bits.

I’m surprised she was even cast. She didn’t convey any charm, vivacity, effervescence or even come across as a loving, devoted homebird. She was just there and it was a mystery as to why anyone would fall for her. She was a total charisma void and completely unable to convey any emotion convincingly. (You know how a great actor can convey emotion without even moving a muscle? Like Rufus Sewell in Man in the High Castle? Well Alice is NOT THAT.) OTOH maybe I’m being harsh and she did manage to convey boredom with the entire proceedings.

Anytime there was a close up of her face, all I could see was nostrils.

There were ribbons along the bottom at times, plugging other HM Xmas movies. At one stage, there was one with Tricia Helfer.

“Oooh,” I thought to myself, “I’d rather be watching that.”
I watched it all, and forgot at times it was Alice as she looks so different. Until she laughed and that cackle brought her right back. Cheesy as hell, but I can kind of see why the sentimentals like it.

• Sick
Reactions: 8

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Am I wrong … that’s in a crockpot that hasn’t been turned on yet, right? So this is before it’s cooked. I’m not sure if he means it should have been seared first but that’s not what rendering fat means. 🤷🏻‍♀️
---

I still eat peanut butter and jam sandwiches. 🤷🏻‍♀️ But why would you have to freeze it? Just put the jam on the other piece of bread. It doesn’t have to be spread on top of the jam. This is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.
I thought it was perhaps their shit attempt at humour?

sweetnessfollows

VIP Member

This is another law tube type video about Alice and Yo and reunification therapy. It's pretty high level and doesn't get so much into the weeds of this case, they talk about how it puts the focus on the children.

They mention Karen Manger (spelling?).

Copacapybara

VIP Member
Not just actors, TV in general too. You only have to compare how many older male presenters are still doing the same job when their female counterparts have been traded in for a younger model. Even things like Children in Need where Wigan presented it each year (I loved Wigan btw, I'm not throwing shade at him) but people like Gaby Roslin would get phased out for Fern Cotton etc etc.
Oh wow yes that makes me remember how many female presenters have just disappeared!

Treacletrixter

VIP Member
The real traumatic events have been her own ex and MS. The Malice stuff and the online bullying, the lying daughter etc are all side issues I think. Traumatising but not in the same league. I think she can see light at the end of the tunnel. Despite the sunny side up attitude both Ioan and her have faced dark days. Their reward, finding each other.
I think and I would hope this is the case. This is about her life experience and most probably linked to her intention to document this in her movie. Alice is not the centre of her universe.

Alice is playing her own game of one and losing badly at it. It’s better to leave her to it.

The evaluation report may have been finalised and even submitted. But it will be subject to scrutiny and possibly challenge by either party. It is a report not a judgement. That is to come.

welp

VIP Member
Does Tony even read the posts she responds to? This one argues an abused father's case. Familiar huh, Tone?

View attachment 2679478View attachment 2679479View attachment 2679481View attachment 2679482View attachment 2679484
yeah there are threats if not answering calls/texts is indeed familar.

both parets sound dodgy in this case (the supposed victim is blaming parenting on not having a job, huge red flag). I'm sure "he is nice to me" is the reason that trumps all to support here as always for that particular Alice psycho.

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
My mistake because I thought you had to nominate your own thread title as one in bold 👀

Hence why it does away with double voting 😕
@BessieNessie’s title suggestion got 49 likes too, so maybe going with @SusieTCones’ one is good because it breaks ties?

At any rate, there were some top notch title suggestions last thread, well done Turds!!

• Heart

AnneinHever

VIP Member
Had there been a decision made on that? I thought it had been requested but not yet decided. I could be wrong though of course! I often am, according to my kids 😜
It was discussed in the last hearing, but no formal petition to seal the documents has been filed as yet.