Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #225 Narcissistic abuser, but make it fashion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not just actors, TV in general too. You only have to compare how many older male presenters are still doing the same job when their female counterparts have been traded in for a younger model. Even things like Children in Need where Wigan presented it each year (I loved Wigan btw, I'm not throwing shade at him) but people like Gaby Roslin would get phased out for Fern Cotton etc etc.
Oh wow yes that makes me remember how many female presenters have just disappeared!

Reactions: 8
And I've said this before, but I do think she's pretty good in the French TV series Elisa Top Model, and she's decent in Best of Both Worlds. She always suited UK and European productions more than US ones. She would have made a great TV presenter too, as she is/was charming and quick on her feet.
Yes, she should never have made the move to LA. With her connection to the French celebrity circuit via Olivier, and her language skills, she would have probably had many more opportunities to work if she'd stayed in Europe. Ioan too, may have had more TV work in the UK, and it's not like we don't have a film industry, even the Bond movies are produced here (😬)

There's no getting away from the fact that Alice has wasted the amazing breaks that she has had in her life. Hollywood movies, TV franchises, a famous husband, now all lost to her because she's a bully, a liar, a fantasist, a lazy drinker, a dreadful mother and a social media addict. She's got a RO against her, she has no money of her own, no job, no friends, no family. Her children are in therapy because she can't accept that her husband fell out of love with her. She's tragic and pathetic in equal measure. What a waste of a charmed life ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I always thought she would have been good in a loose women type panel format show ,as well as writting colums ,in a way i do think she has thrown any aspirations she had through lack of motivation ,Ioan was prepared to be the breadwinner and she chose to be a sahm cos she wanted to be a kept woman ,she had a nanny was never any reason for her not to work ,infact she should of been picking up work when Ioan wasnt . I deffo think her career would have been better suited to UK base . I think moving to LA wasnt good for either of them career wise .

Reactions: 22
Oh god, as if I didn't spot that autocorrect changed Wogan not once but twice in my post 🙈 Sorry Sir Tel!
You’re going to get the most affable ghost ever visiting you with a correction 😂😂
---
I always thought she would have been good in a loose women type panel format show ,as well as writting colums ,in a way i do think she has thrown any aspirations she had through lack of motivation ,Ioan was prepared to be the breadwinner and she chose to be a sahm cos she wanted to be a kept woman ,she had a nanny was never any reason for her not to work ,infact she should of been picking up work when Ioan wasnt . I deffo think her career would have been better suited to UK base . I think moving to LA wasnt good for either of them career wise .
I think this is a really good point about Ioan too. Somehow he seems to be really good as a series actor but doesn’t translate as well in cinema. I could imagine him as one of those really well-regarded TV actors who do a lot of classic things, period dramas and the odd theatre role and I think he would have done very well in that niche. It seems like steadier work although not as well-paid, you don’t have to do total howlers/ wreck your reputation to top up funds and you get to do more fun varied parts and keep up/ expand skills.

He was really good in one of his earlier BBC things (I think it was either David Copperfield or Great Expectations). Granted it’s quite a bland part to start with but it was memorable!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
He was really good in one of his earlier BBC things (I think it was either David Copperfield or Great Expectations). Granted it’s quite a bland part to start with but it was memorable!
It was Great Expectations he was in, with Justine Waddell. It was a really good production.

Justine Waddell just seem to disappear after a really promising early career. I thought she was a great actress, and so beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
LA was a bad move for both because neither can do a passable American accent, which sort of limit the work they will be considered for.
It is possible to learn an American accent. Charlize Theron has/had a South African accent, and she admitted that she made the effort to learn the accent so that she could get work.

Reactions: 13
You’re going to get the most affable ghost ever visiting you with a correction 😂😂
---

I think this is a really good point about Ioan too. Somehow he seems to be really good as a series actor but doesn’t translate as well in cinema. I could imagine him as one of those really well-regarded TV actors who do a lot of classic things, period dramas and the odd theatre role and I think he would have done very well in that niche. It seems like steadier work although not as well-paid, you don’t have to do total howlers/ wreck your reputation to top up funds and you get to do more fun varied parts and keep up/ expand skills.

Yes he could of been very successful UK based ,maybe Alices narc ways encouraged a unwise move to LA

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It was Great Expectations he was in, with Justine Waddell. It was a really good production.
I wonder if IG will ever work in theatre or musicals? I guess he doesn't need to yet as he has the house sale money to live on but I wish he would. It's much harder work than TV or movies as it's a grind night after night and you don't get the easy money that is residuals. Matthew Rhys did a long theatre stint in London playing The Graduate when he was younger. I think long term unemployment would bore me after a while and I would want to do theatre, even if the pay isn't what he is used to.

I just looked at Justine Waddell's wiki. She's now a producer. Sometimes you have to reinvent yourself, which AE can't do.

Reactions: 14
The role of the evaluator is to get to the truth. Thats not achieved by challenge or correction. Indeed signalling that you disagree or disapprove of someone opinions isn’t helpful to the job in hand. The people you are interviewing will become defensive and clam up. Or start saying what they think you want them to say. If the subject insulted you and offended you, it is appropriate to ask them to stop or to end the interview.

The professional therapist who was in the apartment didn’t intervene, he observed because that was what he was there to do. The evaluator is there to gather information to assess. Not to provide therapy or to intervene with ongoing treatment. Even on a threat to self harm or harm. That needs to be reported and followed up. Then there is no oversight.

The derogatory language and threat could just as easily be designed to provoke challenge and argument. If they are someone’s sentiments you want them to keep on talking to find out what they really believe.
You’re wasting your time trying to put across another point of view with some on this thread. They post absolute certainties about the situation, about Alice, about the legal system and what psych experts do and nobody knows better. Whatever alternative you suggest, you’ll be wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s fascinating to watch.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I wonder if IG will ever work in theatre or musicals? I guess he doesn't need to yet as he has the house sale money to live on but I wish he would. It's much harder work than TV or movies as it's a grind night after night and you don't get the easy money that is residuals. Matthew Rhys did a long theatre stint in London playing The Graduate when he was younger. I think long term unemployment would bore me after a while and I would want to do theatre, even if the pay isn't what he is used to.

I just looked at Justine Waddell's wiki. She's now a producer. Sometimes you have to reinvent yourself, which AE can't do.
I don’t have experience of it but have been told by others who do that it’s a really good way to gain the respect of peers and make connections, and that can lead to more lucrative things such as TV roles.

Reactions: 7
"Tone" has really run out of material. Bore off!

1704495303235.png

Who are you quoting "Tone"? Probably one of AE's FMs who is on private. "Secret online life of cruelty and spite" lol It's called free speech "Tone". First amendment to the Constitution. Look it up.

1704495358286.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

I can see him doing this as well as TV work in the UK - the trouble at the moment is that he is a bit stuck with living in LA while the custody issues are pending

Reactions: 7
Maybe Alice should try walking a mile in her own shoes

View attachment 2670800
Wonderful and honest? Alice? WTF?
---
He just couldn't. He missed the friends he loves so much on Twitter.

View attachment 2670827
Is this to prove 'he' lives in the UK? Sure Jan...
Maybe he hasn't received a Christmas gift sent by an anonymous fan. You know he's the brother of the mother of Ioan Gruffudd's children.

A children's book.

FB_IMG_1704416116900.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.