Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Citney

VIP Member
It's 6:50am here. About the take my daughter to swimming lessons. I'll check intermittently through the day. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't hear anything until Monday though.
It's after 6 pm on the west coast, Court is definitely over, now we wait to see if anyone gets online.

Reactions: 7

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
I understand that you are a UK lawyer who knows how the system works here. The system in CA is very different. For those who know the US system, would Ioan have been granted an emergency order by the court to take the kids from AE? I don't think he would and Anne knew that.
Absolutely not. Particularly as the girls had also been in his care from March till January and Gloria’s as well. They had been well cared for at the time.

Nixlondon

VIP Member
While you're waiting, take a gander at how a rah rah rich actor's acrimonious divorce is about to play out.
It's going to suck all of Alice's angry oxygen right out of the room.
This is a whole other thread. I have my opinions but it s not even vaguely like Alice so should be a separate thread

GloriaGilbert

I can’t not say this any longer

All of this ‘I don’t think Ioan handled this well’

is a stark reminder of how we view male victims of domestic abuse very differently to female victims.

a female victim is rightly praised for managing to get away from her abuser and rarely criticised for how she does it (the ‘why doesn’t she just leave’ is usually thrown at them while they’re still in the abusive relationship)

a male victim has to do absolutely everything completely perfectly without possessing a crystal ball or he will be heavily criticised for not acting 100% ‘perfectly’ while his abuser has waged a years-long campaign of abuse against him and their joint children even though there was no other alternative open to him at the time and any course of action would have turned out just the same because of the abuser’s commitment to abusing their victim

a female victim of abuse is allowed to find love again and praised for seeking support wherever she can find it because escaping abuse is harrowing and she doesn’t have to continue letting the abuser dictate what she does

a male victim of abuse is expected to remain single and financially independent despite being under massive financial and emotional strain until such a time when the abuser mellows out and he may then be allowed to form a new relationship

Funny how every time someone asks ‘so… what could he have done differently?’ there is no response that would have been legally or practically possible. Just pie in the sky armchair quarterbacking about what impractical actions someone who has never been in his position likes to think they’d have taken if they were in his shoes and had unlimited time, money, and resources.
Even I, as a part time lurker on this thread, know that the question of “What could he have done differently” has been answered multiple times. Not only that, but those answers have all been within legal and practical possibility.

People have said that he should not have returned from filming with Bianca, or at the very least, she should not have moved in with him upon their return. I agree with this. What was stopping him from staying the course for his daughters, seeking contact immediately and focusing on his own relationship with them (instead of what seems to be repeated attempts by him to lay a foundation for a relationship with Bianca, when his own relationship with his daughters is currently on unsteady ground)?

It really has nothing to do with him being a male victim of abuse, but everything to do with him being a father and responsible for his daughters’ safety and well-being. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone come on here and defend Alice or her actions (save one, possibly two shit stirrers), but I have seen many people suggest that Ioan, as their father, is responsible for his daughters and should really have prioritised them and rebuilding his relationship with them, over building a relationship with Bianca. Which he absolutely still could have done whilst living apart from her, and simultaneously focusing on providing a safe space and environment for his daughters to visit and build on their relationship.

I know this viewpoint upsets many people here, but I can’t even begin to understand why it is such a contentious one. He is first and foremost, a father. And his responsibility is to his children. Not, as I’ve seen suggested, to Bianca.

I believe Ioan is a victim of abuse. I also believe Ioan has let his daughters down and I think he would be absolutely horrified at all the comments made about his 13 year old child here.

• Heart
  • Haha

DevonshirePixie

View attachment 2260052

I have mentally been thinking of what B will look like for court today and I've settled it.

I hope she goes for that stealth wealth look a la Gwyneth Paltrow at her trial and I hope on the way out she gives Alice that uniquely Wellness Woman Curse ©

I wish you well
Well Bianca is similar to Ms Paltrow in clean living, yoga and green credentials... Straight from TMZ and their eye in the sky has picked up Alice pacing nervously outside the court
20230623_201744.jpg
20230623_201702.jpg

• Haha

AllFurCoatNoKnickers1

Chatty Member
I was girl crushing on drunk JoJo last wknd coz you sounded like you were having heck of a time whilst I was suffering from (too) early menopause flushes!! Cheers to you for this evening 🥂🍻
Red clover. Absolutely saved me. Had early hot flashes too and I started taking red clover supplements and they’re completely gone.

• Heart

SynthGirl

VIP Member
Their statements told the story already. It was clear B wasn’t the aggressor. So glad I had the foresight to hire a third party to be there with them.
---

The divorce will be granted on the 3rd. There’s nothing she can do about that.
True. I forgot about the bifurcation hearing.

Invictus

Chatty Member
I'm sorry but I very much doubt Ella is neurodiverse.
Neurodiversity also includes ADHD and is not just Autism. Problems with emotional regulation are common in both. I agree with another poster about a multi-disciplinary team. These things are obviously hugely complex and having a great care team can make all the difference
---
Sorry that was a typo that only child PSYCHIATRISTS can prescribe.
Yes! I figured typo or you're in a different country with different regulations. :)

Weathergirl

Chatty Member
What on earth makes you come out with kidnapping as an option? Why would that do anyone, least of all him, any good? There are aggressive legal options open, requesting both parties to undergo psych & drug and alcohol testing (which should have been done immediately after the Marjorie video), followed by emergency applications every time a visitation or therapy was missed.
I agree with you. Your posts echo mine in previous threads, but I got the same response.

I ask people, if the shoe was on the other foot and Alice was the victim and Ioan was the perpetrator, imagine that all the timeline is the same. Should Alice have left him, leaving the girls in his care, or should she have taken them with her? Should she have applied to the court sooner for emergency orders? After all, they both have equal parental rights and responsibilities.

I get it that many will not have foreseen the lengths that Alice would go to. But I did, and Anne will certainly have foreseen it.

I await the outcome of the forthcoming hearings with interest.

• Heart

Lulugrace

VIP Member
Right I've just put Captain Phillips on 👌
Think I'll be awake for at least another hour or so. I wonder if I&B went remote and Ella didn't turn up? Which is why we might not know anything yet? But then again whatever the outcome surely planktone or one of the socks would be tweeting 🤔

Nixlondon

VIP Member
That will make it even easier to sue her. Articles by her friend claiming child abuse, when the child WAS the abuser. I so hope she gets sued. She can still stay in Beverly Hills, but with a tent and basket. Roll yourself in the sea for a bath, Alice.
think Janelle, and JUV are definitely her. BTW @welp @ButterTart who do you think the Alice socks are. I think Janelle and JUV but not sure about the rest? What are your thoughts? I'm not on Twitter to see what has been posted, but not sure I saw all posts re: socks eta

Lulugrace

VIP Member
Didn't she at one point wear two different gold booties to the mall? I can't believe she has multiple pairs of them.
She did wear odd ballet shoes at one point, that I do remember...mind due it could have been a lie, as we all know she is an attention seeker 🤷🏼‍♀️