Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ametrine

VIP Member
Especially as I don't think mAlice has a lawyer ATM. If I am reading it correctly mAlice will also have to pay at least 50% of Ella's lawyer out of whatever share she is finally awarded from the house sale
I thought Alice already got the house sale money? There was a legal document somewhere that said what both sets of lawyers got, what Ioan got, and what Alice got.

Reactions: 5

AllFurCoatNoKnickers1

Chatty Member
That's certainly not true in the UK where child safeguarding takes precedence. Also, even in the US therapists are mandatory reports iirc.
Sorry. Yes. If they have firsthand knowledge that a child is being abused or is in danger, they’d have to report it. But they wouldn’t be allowed to talk about A if they’ve never treated her and I don’t think any of the therapists actually worked with the kids long enough to form a solid opinion? Maybe I’m wrong.

Endora

VIP Member
I know of very few psychiatrists that offer therapy in conjunction with medication management and treatment, they're becoming a very rare breed, which is a pity.
To your point, if a therapist is recommending a client see a psychiatrist, how does that work? Does the therapist give the case file to the psych and he/she meets with the patient in order to determine what, if any, medications to prescribe? What happens if the patient is resistant but not at a 5150 hold level - nothing?

shellie

VIP Member
Cor I can still remember the taste of calpol from when I was a kid, loved the taste 🤣....probably should have been a red flag to my mum! Only about 30 odd years too late 😆
They changed it and it is really sweet now with a bitter aftertaste.

• Sad

NarcRage

VIP Member
I think Ioan and Bianca will not appear in person for this circus they will be remote, no?

donutwitch

Chatty Member
I do agree he was naive to think it could work out and should have abandoned the attempts at a peaceful out-of-court resolution sooner, but I think it's always problematic to blame a parent for not being more hostile legally. It's a lot Hindsight 20/20.
I’m sure this is partly true at least. It wouldn’t have looked too good to expose her many faults publicly to get the kids away. Was this entirely in the best interests of the kids… or also Ioan at first? Maybe it’s hindsight, I’m sure some of it is, but I also think if he’d really sat down and put the kids first from the beginning, with a proper reckoning of the alcohol abuse, and her abusive behaviour which everyone here accepts as factual and long-term, things would have been done differently.

Reactions: 4

Nixlondon

VIP Member
So he should have grabbed his kids and dragged them to France to then be arrested and go to prison - am I right in thinking this is the take some people have on him leaving the kids with Alice ? Could someone please explain how this makes sense ?
What on earth makes you come out with kidnapping as an option? Why would that do anyone, least of all him, any good? There are aggressive legal options open, requesting both parties to undergo psych & drug and alcohol testing (which should have been done immediately after the Marjorie video), followed by emergency applications every time a visitation or therapy was missed.

Ametrine

VIP Member
Perhaps I am not remembering correctly but I thought they each got a set amount plus the lawyers with the remainder to be divided when the financial setllement was agreed
Ah I misunderstood you, I thought you meant Alice had not received any money yet.

I wasn't actually aware there was more money from the house sale to be divided up until now.