Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #170 Bad Boyo 4! Want more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all!

Came in to see if anything major has happened and saw the filing! Dude wants to be legally divorced from the Mouth asap and who can blame him! She refused the request for bifurcation last year, even though she knows hell would freeze over before he went back to her!
As for the UK courts, hopefully they will say they are his and his alone and won't spend too much time on it, they've got more important things to worry about, than some bleep trying to take half of his pensions.
I'm pretty sure the judge/courts would agree to the bifurcation, there is no reason whatsoever for them still to be married 💅
Hope everyone is well x

Wasn' it recently she was complaning that Ioan was "wasting" money pursuing the DVRO costing $600- 800 per hour in legal fees - how much is she spending to obtain her "share" of the UK pension pot valued in total at $1600 - not worth an hour of lawyer time

Reactions: 23
What does she have other than the title of Ioan's wife. That must sting not matter how she pretends it does not. She has no body of work to be proud of, no independent funds, child support is going to end when Elsie turns 18 and she will only get alimony (if she gets any) for about 5 years at most. She is staring into the abyss and it scares the hell out of her.
Im not normally gleeful over someone’s misery, but in this case it couldn’t have happened to a nastier person.

Reactions: 27
Wasn' it recently she was complaning that Ioan was "wasting" money pursuing the DVRO costing $600- 800 per hour in legal fees - how much is she spending to obtain her "share" of the UK pension pot valued in total at $1600 - not worth an hour of lawyer time
I thought she’s after all the the pensions, not just the $1500 one. She wants him to give her all of them even though he probably can’t and would have to somehow go to the UK court to try? Also even though she isn’t entitled to them as they are pre marriage she wants them anyway.
Have I got that wrong?

Reactions: 14
I thought she’s after all the the pensions, not just the $1500 one. She wants him to give her all of them even though he probably can’t and would have to somehow go to the UK court to try? Also even though she isn’t entitled to them as they are pre marriage she wants them anyway.
Have I got that wrong?
Yeah, sounds like Malice.

Reactions: 12
Have I got that wrong?
That was my take too. He clearly mentions each pension, and has taken time to obtain proof of his contribution history during their marriage, demonstrating that the only one she legitimately has a claim to is the $1500 one. This makes me think he’s preempted her argument against bifurcation, as she’s prevaricating on the basis that she has a claim to all of them.

Reactions: 18
Have I got that wrong?
I understood it as Yo is arguing the 3 pensions he had before they were married would not be considered community property per their pre nup and the one that is shared is worth $1600. He is stating that mAlice is only potentially able to make a claim on that last one.

I think in some divorces, a pre marriage pension could possibly be included but that would be decided with the divorce. He's arguing that even if she's going to claim half of everything, he will cover that sum.

Basically, there's no reason to wait to divorce.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I rarely ever used the mighty C word until Tattle normalized it for me. Now it rolls off my tongue early and often.

Blessed be.

I blame @M33L4.😂
I hate the bloody word so I came up with Narcunt 😂
Il be hissed off this thread for blasphemy lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hopefully it's the same judge on 3 April and he will have the measure of her already and realize all this bullshit about the high court in London over £750 is yet more of her abuse...ie to force him to stay married to her and drag out the divorce as long as possible

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Every time new court documents are filed I feel so sad for him when I see his innocent almost child like signature ☹.

No offence meant to anyone who doesn’t have neat handwriting. My parents were told at multiple Parent’s Evenings my handwriting was so bad I was destined to become a Doctor. (I didn’t become a Doctor but I do have a calculator with me everywhere I go so joke is on you nineties teachers 😭)
I was interested in this too so I googled his signature. I think the one on the documents is digital ie written on a screen because it’s so different from his autograph.

Reactions: 8
Hopefully it's the same judge on 3 April and he will have the measure of her already and realize all this bullshit about the high court in London over £750 is yet more of her abuse...ie to force him to stay married to her and drag out the divorce as long as possible
it's not the judge who granted the DVRO, but probably the one who has done the rest of the divorce (i.e. nothing bar signing off the TRO, stipulation & continuations). There are reviews of him online that he is favouring women, but then again you dont know if its just abusive fathers complaining about him being right

In a way it's great that its a week before the custody hearing. She'll be fresh and negatively in the judges memory.
I was interested in this too so I googled his signature. I think the one on the documents is digital ie written on a screen because it’s so different from his autograph.
Alice's is different too. she once scanned a document and had a different signature

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Dear God, she is clinging on with all her might. She does not want there to be a new Mrs Gruffudd in town.

What happened to her fan conference appearance?

Reactions: 13
That was my take too. He clearly mentions each pension, and has taken time to obtain proof of his contribution history during their marriage, demonstrating that the only one she legitimately has a claim to is the $1500 one. This makes me think he’s preempted her argument against bifurcation, as she’s prevaricating on the basis that she has a claim to all of them.
in a way i could understand her if she'd try to check her options whether she may be somehow entitled to those pensions (unlikely, but trying isnt wrong) and enforce some sort of written agreement that acknowledges that pending on how the prenup will be ruled (not like thats relevant anyway since pre-marriage pensions pretty much never count) she will not lose out on those pensions due to the bifurcation if she ends up entitled to them (but this is what Ioan appears to propose too), but she is losing me on the High Court of London bit. They wont make this order because the divorce isnt in London. And surely she knows that, and even if she doesnt she surely knows that if anything it'll be only the 1.5 k one so not worth the trouble. so the delaying tactic is obvious here. But well, we will see in her response I guess.

PS: while the prenup has currently no relevance, neither has really anything else. e.g. if Alice is potentially not entitled to his pension she cant demand as a condition for the bifurcation that she first wants a sharing order of a unrelated court, thats an endless loop lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
This is Alice saying give me all your money that I’m not entitled to and I will let you divorce me.
And this is Ioan saying “get fucked”.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Just reading an article about foreign divorces and UK pensions which says that UK pensions funds won't recognize overseas court orders re pension sharing BUT there is a simple mechanism under the Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984, Part III (‘Part III’) to obtain English pension orders following an overseas divorce.

So Alice's argument about wanting a pension sharing order in the UK is actually advanced by the bifurcation. She won't get an order for pension sharing UNLESS she is divorced.

She needs to get the divorce first. Hurry the duck up Alice. Your argument supports the bifurcation!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The kids are going to struggle especially the little one, God she's a first class witch of a mother 🤬

Oh i hope they go on to marry and takes Ioans full proper surname 😁
It's very very likely she will. My own narc ex did this and now my 16 year old daughter has estranged herself from him and did so once she was old enough to suss him and his toxicity out. It was a heartbreaking situation to be in. If A decides to carry on with the PA she is self sabotaging her relationship with her children and will regret it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Do we know how much the other 2 pensions are worth?
I think there are two and they are £10k each. Not sure if that is the amount he paid in or an up to date value.
But there are clearly enough assets to cover a cash payment to compensate her IF they are in play.
The English court will not let her have a Second bite of the cherry. If they are pre marital assets they will be dealt with by the prenup in California.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.