Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #166 Tomayto, Tomahto; DARVO, DVRO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*runs to sky box to record Hornblower* again. šŸ¤£
And yes Jamie Bamber is looking fiiiiine on Beyond Paradise. Itā€™s a nice little show so far

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anyone ever think to themselves that three Welsh dudes lived & hung out together and Michael Sheen played Amadeus in Sydney, Australia, Matthew Rhys is Perry Mason, and Yo went to RADA & has to fight to get access to his children from a woman who likes chandeliers made of baby dolls.

I feel a bit dispirited today when I thought of that.
I saw Amadeus for my birthday (prime seats) blew my friggin socks off (sock joke)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I enjoyed Hornblower so much and would absolutely love to see Ioan reprise that role as a seasoned more mature Horatio. His character was really endearing in the first two series. Unfortunately I didnā€™t like the last series because Horatio turned morose and selfish at times. And also there was no more of the infinitely adorable Archie Kennedy. šŸ„ŗ

One last point. Am I the only one who watches Hornblower thinking ā€œRun, Ioan, run! And whatever you do donā€™t audition for the dog movie! You can do so much better.ā€ šŸ˜”
Even after over 20 years, Jamie Bamber's last scene as Archie kills me. Every. Damn. Time.

You're not the only one at all!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
*runs to sky box to record Hornblower* again. šŸ¤£
And yes Jamie Bamber is looking fiiiiine on Beyond Paradise. Itā€™s a nice little show so far
Yes, Jamie is and always has been as fine as can be! šŸ˜
---
Even after over 20 years, Jamie Bamber's last scene as Archie kills me. Every. Damn. Time.

You're not the only one at all!!
I begin tearing up the moment the episode begins. Every single damn time as well.

Reactions: 12
Wonder how the home schooling of Ella is going? Bet Alice is a tit teacher.

IG: The girls' schools went 100% remote in 2020 at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, and I did nearly everything necessary to set up and maintain their remote classes. I picked up their materials and set up their devices. Elsie was in kindergarten, and I worked with her to help her learn
how to read. To make it a more engaging experience for Elsie, I set up word cards around the outdoor dining table with a mini ninja warrior course. In front of Elsie, Alice said I was a terrible teacher, and I was spending too much time with Elsie helping her learn how to read.

7. This kind of interaction with Alice was a microcosm of our relationship. Alice belittled and berated me, often in the presence of Ella and/or Elsie, and her attacks worsened over time. Alice told me regularly, and often in front of the children, that she wanted a divorce, that I was stupid and a
failure, and that she would call the police if I did not do what she demanded.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
I enjoyed Hornblower so much and would absolutely love to see Ioan reprise that role as a seasoned more mature Horatio. His character was really endearing in the first two series. Unfortunately I didnā€™t like the last series because Horatio turned morose and selfish at times. And also there was no more of the infinitely adorable Archie Kennedy. šŸ„ŗ

One last point. Am I the only one who watches Hornblower thinking ā€œRun, Ioan, run! And whatever you do donā€™t audition for the dog movie! You can do so much better.ā€ šŸ˜”
No, youā€™re not the only one @IHateHadargoyle. He had such a promising career until the doggie movie, which was absolute shite anyway. He wanted to be a movie star, and moved to Hollywood with the encouragement of the Abuser, where it mostly all went down the pan. Whether heā€™d have been more successful without her hindrance help not sure, itā€™s a precarious profession. Sadly heā€™s never fulfilled that early promise.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I'm contemplating of having a batch of turd emoji pins made and wearing them when I travel on London transport :ROFLMAO:
I can just picture the scene: A crowded Tube carriage, somewhere on the Jubilee line, 8am on a dreary Tuesday morning in March. A seemingly perfectly normal, middle-aged woman, suddenly leaps from her seat, squealing in delight and yelling "Moo!" whilst a younger woman stands up and shouts "Moo!" in response, both women collapse laughing and start ranting about "baby angels" and "Little Phoneys". Other travellers try to avoid eye contact with the pair, and, as is the way of Londoners, each other...šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I also think that the issue with mAlice is not the style. Style you can like - I for once do love gothic frills a la Helena Bonham Carter or I like Kitsch, in dress or interiors, others may hate it but these are legitimate styles non the less. The issue with mAlice is she cant get any of them right! She looks weird and awkward - same as her leopard rug over blue rug. You can see where she got it from in her pinterest and the pic there looks funky. mAliceā€™s attempt to repeat looks hideous. She is the same with emotions and relationship - tries to imitate but cant get it right
BIB - I saw that and was like "Oh, that's what it's supposed to look like???" The layered rugs on her pinterest aren't my cup of tea, but it works. Alice's version just looks like she's trying to cover up lots of stains and doesn't have a single rug that's big enough to cover them all

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just hope that Ella and Elsie, if they read here, know how much we hope they will be happy, well, confident and secure. That we hope theyā€™ll overcome the gaslighting, histrionics and blackmail and, using their considerable abilities, have lovely lives. That no matter what they become - whether Ella is an English professor or supermodel, whether Elsie becomes an astronomer or airforce pilot - they should be proud of themselves. And, especially, that weā€™re rooting for them. Both of them, all the time, always.
Hi, just coming out from my long, long, LONG time lurking on this thread to say how much I love this post and agree with the sentiment.

You are so eloquent, Autisteuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I just hope that Ella and Elsie, if they read here, know how much we hope they will be happy, well, confident and secure. That we hope theyā€™ll overcome the gaslighting, histrionics and blackmail and, using their considerable abilities, have lovely lives. That no matter what they become - whether Ella is an English professor or supermodel, whether Elsie becomes an astronomer or airforce pilot - they should be proud of themselves. And, especially, that weā€™re rooting for them. Both of them, all the time, always.
Such beautiful words dear @Autisteuse, I couldnā€™t agree with you more. These lovely girls have their whole lives ahead of them, and despite all that they will have gone through, I hope that those lives will be happy and fulfilling, and they are able to do what they love. That they are able to form happy, stable and loving relationships with those who are in, and those who will in the future, come into their lives ā¤ā¤
---
Yes, Jamie is and always has been as fine as can be! šŸ˜
---

I begin tearing up the moment the episode begins. Every single damn time as well.
I saw him saying good bye to someone at Waterloo Station many years ago. He looked mighty fine, but shorter than I thought he would be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Just spent 10 mins wondering why you are all fawning over a murderer till I realised that Jamie Bamber and Jeremy Bamber are two very different peopleā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 41
"Older, matronly type woman needed for extra work."
Older, matronly cunts needed for extra work maybe?
---
I can just picture the scene: A crowded Tube carriage, somewhere on the Jubilee line, 8am on a dreary Tuesday morning in March. A seemingly perfectly normal, middle-aged woman, suddenly leaps from her seat, squealing in delight and yelling "Moo!" whilst a younger woman stands up and shouts "Moo!" in response, both women collapse laughing and start ranting about "baby angels" and "Little Phoneys". Other travellers try to avoid eye contact with the pair, and, as is the way of Londoners, each other...šŸ¤£
Now that is the image Iā€™ll hold as I drift off to sleep. Much nicer than hellish shandyliers made of dolls, or dolls head necklaces. Very grateful, thank you muchly šŸ˜€šŸ˜˜

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Hi, just coming out from my long, long, LONG time lurking on this thread to say how much I love this post and agree with the sentiment.

You are so eloquent, Autisteuse.
Bless you, Bettie - what a lovely thing to say.
And please do de-lurk and join us: we have a wonderful, supportive community here which, in between taking the piss out of Malice and Monotone, look after one another as best we can. Youā€™re most welcome. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You always know Alice is being quiet when the thread goes off on random tangents to fill the silence šŸ˜‚

Edit to add - not saying your post is the tangent, just the entire MOO based discourse of recent days.
Filling in the silence with one word

Harry
AF3B9517-9BDE-420F-A387-A52950B701E3.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.