Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #166 Tomayto, Tomahto; DARVO, DVRO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Ametrine who is in a winning streak!

Previous thread here: https://tattle.life/threads/ioan-gr...alice-its-time-for-a-burkhart-to-heart.37673/

Please stick to the main players and what they do or say.
  • Keep it on Tattle.
  • When posting 10+ images, please put these behind a spoiler.
  • Newbies, please read up on the wiki by clicking the pink button up top.
  • Suggest in bold any new thread title suggestions when we reach 900 posts & vote so they're easy to find.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Previous thread here: https://tattle.life/threads/ioan-gr...alice-its-time-for-a-burkhart-to-heart.37673/

• Keep it on Tattle.
  • Suggest in bold any new thread title suggestions when we reach 900 posts & vote so they're easy to find.
Thanks @SusieTCones!

I’m going to attempt a hat trick and try really hard this thread to get a turd - er, I mean third thread title in a row!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
In honour of the thread title, my contribution on why calling Alice a victim of DARVO couldnt be further away from the truth. And why it actually describes Alice pretty well.

DARVO means Deny - Attack - Reverse Victim & Offender. It's a three steps guidebook.

Now let's investigate what Ioan has been doing.

Until february 2022 nothing despite Alice giving him plenty opportunities to engage. Then he filed for a TRO. However, he skipped the "Deny" part. He went immediately to the "Attack" with ample evidence. He never needed to reverse victim and offender because he never participated in the discussion that he is the offender Some "Deny" came in later when a number of Alice's Attacks impacted the court case (such as disprovable lies like that he didnt pay or that he doesnt want his kids), but it's within the victim's right to deny accusations. Chronologically Ioan does not meet in any shape and form the criteria of a DARVO.

Now let's investigate what Alice has been doing.

Strictly speaking Alice started with the "Attack" too, but importantly without evidence. Though even in that phase she showed a lot of DARVO: Whenever somebody accussed her of things like airing this in the public would be bad for the kids she denied the accusation, attacked Ioan instead for making her do it - and thus reversed victim and offender. Once she was actually accused by her victim the amount of DARVO went overdrive though: "I never did this/This is a lie" (Deny), "The truth will be out"/various attacks towards Ioan (attack), "how dare to get a RO, I'm the mother of his kids!" (Reverse Victim & Offender). It's extremely text book.

Now I appreciate that brandmarking somebody as a DARVO is a very biased thing, and depends strongly on whether you think somebody is in the right or not (because often the Deny part is genuinely a victim defending themselves). But even if you are fully convinced that Alice is a victim (LOL) Ioan does not fit the criteria of a DARVO because he quite simply didnt went through the process. His petition for the TRO was not focused on denying Alice's claims that he is a pedalo, a crackhead, and whatever. His TRO petition was about protecting himself from well documented and beyond any doubt proven harassement and threats. You can be as blind as you want and call him an abuser or whatever, but he has not used the method of DARVO to "abuse" Alice.

It's also pretty lame attempt to sell a story bigger than it is to people who are not really aware of this story. Because a DARVO is often somebody that is accused of being a sex offender. So by saying Ioan Gruffudd is a DARVO you are managing to put a certain image on him without verbally speaking it out.

And therein lies a huge problem in Alice and her team. They hear nice words that sound very intelligent (like Narc) and think it just applies to her situtation. It makes it sound more scary, the so called word salad is meant to make it sound like they are competent and know what they talk about, this all is designed to recruit more believers in her cause. But this rhetoric actually lets people stay away from supporting her case, because - as some of her minions would say - it makes a mockery of actual victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
In answer to someone's question in the last thread, Rachel was 20/21 depending on her birthday, when she attended Alice's wedding. Tony was about 37, assuming he was born in 1970.
---
I see KellyAnne Conway has announced her divorce. Her daughter is an example of how messed up kids can become by the antics of parent, in this case by both of them. Alice is definitely failing her children.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I wonder why the house still isn’t up for sale? Could it be she is now paying her way? Sorry that sounded sincere in my head, it’s the least likely outcome 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I wonder why the house still isn’t up for sale? Could it be she is now paying her way? Sorry that sounded sincere in my head, it’s the least likely outcome 😆
Could be a private sale is happening, maybe a buyer was already lined up.

Reactions: 22
Could be a private sale is happening, maybe a buyer was already lined up.
That's what I think is happening. Hopefully for Ioan's sake as it must be terrible to have such a financial burden around his neck.

Reactions: 27
That's what I think is happening. Hopefully for Ioan's sake as it must be terrible to have such a financial burden around his neck.
Yes indeed.

But possibly not as much of a burden as mAlice was constantly hanging round his neck!

🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 26

• Keep it on Tattle.
Thank you for the shorter first post; much prefer this to the repeats of previous posts that are now taking up nearly an entire page…

• Heart
Reactions: 29

those who dont want to listen to this there is a transcript in the description. I just skimmed it earlier today but they did a good job discussing this without being too judgemental, though this automatically does make them too lenient on Alice, but they disclaimed it from the start that they dont want to judge specifics.

The main focus is on how people on the internet react to "wronged woman". We get indirectly a mention lol

though they meant us with this I do find this one amusing since Alice claimed her therapist diagnosed Ioan as a Narc lol
And it's funny because I remember when I went to therapy years ago, I once asked if someone was a narcissist, and she said, I'm not here to diagnose people by proxy. And like I said, there is like, a cultural upswing in using all this language from the workplace to all these communities, you know, quick to judge other people and say, well, they've got all the traits of a narcissist, I know for sure.

Reactions: 12

those who dont want to listen to this there is a transcript in the description. I just skimmed it earlier today but they did a good job discussing this without being too judgemental, though this automatically does make them too lenient on Alice, but they disclaimed it from the start that they dont want to judge specifics.

The main focus is on how people on the internet react to "wronged woman". We get indirectly a mention lol

though they meant us with this I do find this one amusing since Alice claimed her therapist diagnosed Ioan as a Narc lol
Haha you’re right ! Apparently they needed to get the dictionary out for us….. oh and we are fierce. I take that as a compliment.

I quite enjoyed their chat. They were balanced on their overview but very gentle on the Alice side. I totally agree with welp.

Reactions: 8
You guys missed the best bit where they misquoted our bestie Craig @21:22 and said there was a tweet which sounded like a girlfriend reaching out to her… “Alice it’s 1 am, put the wine down and go to bed..” 😂🤣😂. Errrrm…… 🫢

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.