Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #155 No one is responsible for Alice's behaviour except Alice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s another thing, beyond her financial fecklessness, that really pisses me off.

She has two impressionable young daughters living with her. She is a wealthy, educated woman living in the US and she is teaching the next generation that a woman should rely on a man for their emotional and financial wellbeing. Can’t function or survive without him.

• Sick
Reactions: 40
She could teach them resilience, how to bounce back from a set back. Instead she is showing them tenacity, normally a good thing to have in your personality, but hers is used to cling onto to something moribund because there is, she thinks, money in it for her. Hopefully her kids look at her and think I will do the opposite when I am an adult.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Isn't he trying to say that AE's savings was 20% less than the three quarters of a million IG earnt, and that she had to spend it all on divorce lawyers? Which is only fair regardless of how much IG earnt after they separated. It's not his job to be the Bank Of Alice anymore.
To be fair, it should have never been his job. A marriage is a partnership and both should contribute. I find this obsession of hers that her ex should be paying very insulting to women.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
There’s another thing, beyond her financial fecklessness, that really pisses me off.

She has two impressionable young daughters living with her. She is a wealthy, educated woman living in the US and she is teaching the next generation that a woman should rely on a man for their emotional and financial wellbeing. Can’t function or survive without him.
She's the female misogyny version and bodes well into that Andrew Tate person ffs! My daughter knows never to rely on a man even though she's got 4 great make figures in her life who would do anything and everything for her. She's fiercely independent, strong willed and has entrepreneurial side to her. Won't do anything unless she's getting something for it (that is slightly frustrating as her mother).

That whole 227 page document screams "cone back to me Ioan". That's the only reason why she wants direct contact regarding sale of the house which she won't get considering her restraining order. The judge will also understand why IG hired a car service to collect the children as the flashing her white, spotty, lumpy backside when he was picking them up was part of the RO.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She could teach them resilience, how to bounce back from a set back. Instead she is showing them tenacity, normally a good thing to have in your personality, but hers is used to cling onto to something moribund because there is, she thinks, money in it for her. Hopefully her kids look at her and think I will do the opposite when I am an adult.
That’s not tenacity. It’s dependence. And you’re right - terrible role model for her daughters.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

We were talking life lessons with my goddaughter when my 80-something aunt blurted out "marry a rich man". The whole table, including me, didn’t have a kind response to that. She said it was a joke...pah. This is the kind of Malice, man-using bs that irritates the tit out of me.

Reactions: 12
She doesn’t want him to go back to her. She wants payback - revenge and cash.
Its actually curious in a way.

I think her prefered scenario, and this has been probably the case for at least 3 years judging by her pre-divorce behavior is to just find someone better/richer/more famous. Pre-divorce her desire was probably to continue to have a pretended lovely marriage while she has affairs on the side.

What her next favoured scenario is...I'm actually unsure about. Either it's being single but make Ioan pay for it out of revenge or having him live in the garage which would secure her financially and feed her ego by virtue of still having an attractive husband (she'd probably pretend that they had the most miracle-like reunion ever yada yada). I tend to think the former rather than the latter, but I'm not that sure.

One thing is for certain: she doesnt love him, likely hasnt loved him for many years. And no matter if she wants him back or not she doesnt want anyone else to have him.

The desire to have contact to him is 1.) to abuse him, 2.) to guilt trip him into complying with her demands, 3.) to put strain on his relationship, 4.) she is obsessed with him (you dont have to love someone for this)

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Oh wow, @unobtrusive lurker liked one of my comments!

If y'all have not noticed, I have not been on here much lately. 🏡
I've been getting a house ready for sale. Not my own home. This 1 is the last of my investment properties. New kitchen, new paint, new floor coverings. Roof needed work. Fence needed work.
I didn't do the work but I have been supervising, so arranging quotes, scheduling works, making progress payments, etc. 🕘🕑🕔
And now I have a contract on it, so ⌛.
I have decided not to go back to work, so my financial adviser and I are in the process of converting my super and the soon-to-be-sale proceeds into a retirement income stream and retirement investment portfolio.
And now retirement and the occasional holiday awaits. 🏖

• Heart
Reactions: 52

I think her prefered scenario, and this has been probably the case for at least 3 years judging by her pre-divorce behavior is to just find someone better/richer/more famous. Pre-divorce her desire was probably to continue to have a pretended lovely marriage while she has affairs on the side.

What her next favoured scenario is...I'm actually unsure about. Either it's being single but make Ioan pay for it out of revenge or having him live in the garage which would secure her financially and feed her ego by virtue of still having an attractive husband (she'd probably pretend that they had the most miracle-like reunion ever yada yada). I tend to think the former rather than the latter, but I'm not that sure.

One thing is for certain: she doesnt love him, likely hasnt loved him for many years. And no matter if she wants him back or not she doesnt want anyone else to have him.

The desire to have contact to him is 1.) to abuse him, 2.) to guilt trip him into complying with her demands, 3.) to put strain on his relationship, 4.) she is obsessed with him (you dont have to love someone for this)
Agree with it all except that she never loved him cos she is incapable of love. She enjoyed manipulating and using him though and that is where her addiction lies.
I also don’t think Ioan ever loved her either. He was manipulated and stuck from the day he met her. The threats and coercion start small but they start early.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Without causing a riot ...I'm slightly side eyeing the new Range Rover. Not sure that plays well in the circumstances.

Plus she maybe does have a point.....if he was paid $750,000 in August 2021. It can't ALL have been spent already can it?

If La Jolla was costing him say $10,000 per month and she was spending another $5000 per month - that's 17 months at $15,000 - $255000 - but he's been paying a lot less since April so it may be closer to $200,000 he's spent on her over the last 17 months.

If he's spent about $10k per month on himself in that time, that's another $170,000.
So maybe he's spent around $370k since he received the Reunion paycheck.

There's still a fair bit not accounted for out of the $750k he received - even with agents fees, taxes etc.

Plus did he really not save anything during the Harrow/Forever years, when he was likely earning more?

I genuinely don't understand how people living in a small, fairly crappy house can burn through these vast amounts of money.

Reactions: 7
Without causing a riot ...I'm slightly side eyeing the new Range Rover. Not sure that plays well in the circumstances.

Plus she maybe does have a point.....if he was paid $750,000 in August 2021. It can't ALL have been spent already can it?

If La Jolla was costing him say $10,000 per month and she was spending another $5000 per month - that's 17 months at $15,000 - $255000 - but he's been paying a lot less since April so it may be closer to $200,000 he's spent on her over the last 17 months.

If he's spent about $10k per month on himself in that time, that's another $170,000.

There's still a fair bit not accounted for out of the $750k he received - even with agents fees, taxes etc.

Plus did he really not save anything during the Harrow/Forever years, when he was likely earning more?

I genuinely don't understand how people living in a small, fairly crappy house can burn through these vast amounts of money.
Lawyers' fees? Honestly, if I were him, that's where I would have put it, whatever the payment rules, rather than have that hanging over my head.

Reactions: 17

Was there not also talk that he owed taxes to the French Govt? Taxes not yet paid on income earned from The Reunion?

Reactions: 5

he says agents etc for his work cost 170k.

Then there is the French tax thing for which he withold a portion of his earnings.

the 50k school fees for 2021/22 if paid in installments falls partly into this period too

Then there are probably tons of ATM drive-trus from Alice, expensive purchases on top of the regular stuff. Extra blood tests for Alice that are not covered by insurance. House maintanence, lawyers etc.

And this is all without considering pre-divorce debts being paid off later

It adds up perfectly imo.

Given that he hasnt worked in a year and the amount of lawyer action it's if anything impressive that he didnt run out of money earlier.

PS: given that the car is not brought up by Team Alice I reckon its reasonably leased or not his. I mean he was driving a Prius previously to this, potentially he sold it to generate cash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28

Also, her ego is immense. The audacity that he moved on, and looks happy, with a supportive partner, who is completely opposite to her. Plus his new partner looks fierce in a bikini. It rankles. She thought she was the type of person who did the leaving and held all the cards. She has trouble computing that she is very easy to leave mentally*, and the only cards she is holding are maxed out credit ones.

*unravelling the marriage is not easy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
he says agents etc for his work cost 170k.

Then there is the French tax thing for which he withold a portion of his earnings.

Then there are probably tons of ATM drive-trus from Alice, expensive purchases on top of the regular stuff. Extra blood tests for Alice that are not covered by insurance. House maintanence, lawyers etc

It adds up perfectly imo.

Given that he hasnt worked in a year and the amount of lawyer action it's if anything impressive that he didnt run out of money earlier.
Yes I hadn't appreciated agents fees being that high plus didn't include the school fees. The french tax and US tax...
You're right. $750k doesn't actually go that far after all!

Reactions: 15
She would still take him back imo. And punish him eternally for daring to leave her.

All her talk of getting another sucker to pay for her lifestyle is just talk. I won't be holding my breath on that one. She's far from a catch.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

California tax rate on that amount (don’t know what the federal tax implications would be) deducts $345,286 from $750,000. Now deduct his agents’ fees. And whatever he’s been paying for his and the family’s expenses. And legal fees.

It’s not going to go as far as you think.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
California tax rate on that amount (don’t know what the federal tax implications would be) deducts $345,286 from $750,000. Now deduct his agents’ fees. And whatever he’s been paying for his and the family’s expenses. And legal fees.

It’s not going to go as far as you think.
That's a lot of tax...
And she says she turned down $300k per year maintenance? What an idiot.
I don't believe this. I think more likely he offered her $150k - even that is a lot and far more than she will get now

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.