Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #112 GRUFFUDD!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I stand corrected šŸ˜˜šŸ„° but it wouldā€™ve been ace my version ha ha ha xx
Thatā€™s even funnier she accused the birthday boy at his home šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸøšŸø
I thought it was a restaurant as there was a valet as well. Ioan said he took her out to celebrate her birthday. He couldnā€™t wait to get her into the car, but forgot to make her wear a muzzle. šŸ¤­

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I thought it was a restaurant as there was a valet as well. Ioan said he took her out to celebrate her birthday. He couldnā€™t wait to get her into the car, but forgot to make her wear a muzzle. šŸ¤­
And some people still wonder why she has no friends after 20 years in LA. I wouldn't even say that about an acquaintance, let alone a friend, even if it was true. Not even in jest. And the term ****** is so offensive. That she would think that is funny or something to tell total strangers, shows how totally lacking in basic social etiquette she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
To be fair, that is pretty funny (and there's been rumours about Cowell for years - even Max Clifford basically said he pays for beards, without explicitly saying it).
I think "X sleeps with Y" can be a funny joke if delivered well, but one should be careful if it's true. Better not out a person who doesn't want to be out.

Reactions: 10
And some people still wonder why she has no friends after 20 years in LA. I wouldn't even say that about an acquaintance, let alone a friend, even if it was true. Not even in jest. And the term ****** is so offensive. That she would think that is funny or something to tell total strangers, shows how totally lacking in basic social etiquette she is.
Yeah. That she thinks someone being sexually attracted to ANYONE is laughable shows her bigotry. Sheā€™s lucky it didnā€™t happen recently, tbh, theyā€™d probably both have been cancelled for using the vile word ******. Then again her sibling is a homophobe so I suspect they both think thatā€™s normal. The absolute irony of her claiming Ioan doesnā€™t like gay people. Projection.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Bubba living his best life. Canā€™t beat a smiley dog with their head out the window.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I think "X sleeps with Y" can be a funny joke if delivered well, but one should be careful if it's true. Better not out a person who doesn't want to be out.
Alice says all sorts of uncensored vile shite when under the influence, it's just the tip of the iceberg. I doubt incidents like this would have done Ioan's networking opportunities any favours - you wonder if she did it intentionally or is just too much of a loose cannon? Yet she got frustrated about him not reaching the Hollywood A-list?

I'm in no way supportive of her using the T-word. I've heard it said as a slur in places where you wouldn't expect to hear it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you. Better than I explained it. (I duck up the R-rolls and canā€™t get down the ā€œLl,ā€ tho.)

Also, love that YT channel, @BigBonedBuzzard ā¤
Someone mentioned to me recently that the easiest way to create the Ll sound is if you place your tongue as if you were going to say L. Keep it there. Keep it there. Keep it there, without moving it now try to say th. (Th not dd!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Her daughter was 3 at the time so yes young enough but no second family.
Yes, I was wondering whether the chances of their being more children upset the Evans siblings. After all, more to be divided up and less to inherit. There would also be a chance that these putative children could have been younger had the father died so would require more money for university etc. All adding to the upset and outrage.

My great-grandfather married again in a similar situation when his children were adult. He had a considerable amount of land and money which was all left to his widow. Although there wasn't a second family, she left it all to her family in her will.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Iā€™m catching up so someone else might have answered this but in case notā€¦

The difference is in the ā€˜thā€™ and that Welsh has 2 separate letters (or double letters) for what would be written as th in English.

Try to forget about the spelling for a moment and just concentrate on the sound.

THIS THING. If you say those two words out loud, youā€™ll notice the first bit isnā€™t pronounced the same although theyā€™re both spelt with a t h.

Written in Welsh orthography, ā€˜This thingā€™ would be spelt ā€˜Ddis thingā€™. With me so far??

dd in Gruffudd is pronounced like the ā€˜thā€™ in ā€˜thisā€™. Softly.

th in Griffith is more of a blowing/hissing sound, like in ā€˜thingā€™.

Say it out loud and you should notice the difference.
I resorted to spelling because sounding isn't helping.
I can tell the difference between this and thing but Griffithis and Griffithing doesn't help.
I think I just pronounce it the right way, I can't pronounce it any other way.

ETA: I watched that vid but he is using it at the start of the word. I get Griffiv as in Liv as the closest I can get to what I think he is saying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I guess weā€™ll know whether this silence is a permanent thing or not by this time tomorrow. She really canā€™t help herself when Saturday night comes round.

Reactions: 18
Someone mentioned to me recently that the easiest way to create the Ll sound is if you place your tongue as if you were going to say L. Keep it there. Keep it there. Keep it there, without moving it now try to say th. (Th not dd!)
I JUST DID IT A FEW TIMES!!! I sounded just like my teacher! ā˜ŗšŸ„¹ Love you, trope, diolch.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The sad thing is she didnā€™t see it coming, or didnā€™t care. You know look what is cute at 21 wonā€™t be at 51; she isnā€™t daft so did she just hope she had Ioan hooked in for life because of a couple of children? I donā€™t think itā€™s overly easy to be fair, but for your own sake you have to know when itā€™s time to change and contribute somehow when your kids get beyond the being tiny phase. I liked being with my children when they were young but I was starting to mentally struggle a bit at home tbh, Alice must have been so bored with a nanny to do the chores too. She has spark and should use it to earn a living but also feel alive again. It would truly be good for her.
I'm saying this as my own personal experience but I might not connect here, not sure. But being an older mother, especially Alice in her 50s, I would have thought (given all you are going through hormonally too) it must contradict the daughter relationship. I had most my children young, oldest for my youngest I was 31, nothing compared to the 40+ that Alice was. The changes you go through physically, emotionally, mentally as a woman are quite a shock. Or it might just be me! It's a new identity you are grasping with, together with being a mum to daughters. What was cute, and you were everything one time does now no longer apply. It's quite a process to navigate. I feel that, what I'm failing to say! Is..Alice has tried to keep hold of her youth and at the same time, keep a firm hold of her daughter's, because she is scared that soon they'll be seeking company they want- and it won't be her. She thinks her 'babies' are forever, but I'd put money on it that they will hate this pretty soon. They will crave their own friends and why shouldn't they, thus is the natural progression. Then what will Alice have.?
And I agreeā€”Alice playing ā€œfun parentā€ isnā€™t going to do her any favors for much longer.

Iā€™m worried about how the children will grow up out in the world if theyā€™re overexposed to Aliceā€™s fixation on limiting rules and being constantly lovable.

Everyone knows Iā€™m not a parent but I have experience in having been a child at some point, and Iā€™m now grateful for my mama having played the ā€œnot-so-niceā€ parent at times, as ā€œwickedā€ as I swore she was during those instances.

The world doesnā€™t prepare you for its trials and tumultā€”your guardians and the environment in which youā€™re raised do. Having your children walk away from your home with a minimal sense of boundaries, maybe even a problematic understanding of responsibility, and an assumption that the world outside your home will be consistently easy and enjoyable is a hefty price to pay for being the ā€œfun parent.ā€

I hated when Alice knocked Ioan for being ā€œboringā€ in the TRO docs. She actually believes that he is the poorer guardian. I donā€™t know the man but I imagine heā€™s very loving and fun enough, and, what I admire most, willing to hold the girls accountable when they falter. Thatā€™s an A+ daddy in my book.
What a terrible ethos to try and teach your children (I'm being very serious here) that life must be fun. No room for upset, disappointment. How the hell does that help? Life is full of the negative and most people I'll dare to speculate, suffer every day in their own unique ways. And some people cope better than others. So many factors at play. To say to your girls, 'you must be happy'...'you are special and deserve anything' ok I'm elaborating on the latter but it's no good. To imagine life is going to be one juicy slice of melon is cruel. You have to disappoint your children, be their first experience that parents are not perfect, though in general most parents love their children, they duck up too. And life is going to let you down. Enjoy the highs, but prepare for the down times also. This mix shapes you, you learn from it, but life is a big bowl of cherries? Nothing gained here. Pain - as horrible as it is, reminds us to appreciate the good that comes our way. For a 50+ woman to express to her daughter's they must have fun and happiness only, is such an insane, immature and damaging concept. Totally unrealistic, and when they do have problems or internal battles they won't be able to vent in her presence because they won't feel safe to do so. I had an emotionally distant mother, she wasn't an Alice but she never allowed me to be me. It creates a person who learns to deceive, to hide, to lack confidence. I genuinely fear for the well-being of the girls. Apologies for waffling on and the over use of fruit analogies. It's been a very long working day, and silence or not, Alice still really irks me.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.