Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #112 GRUFFUDD!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is busy making anti-Bianca memes. Except they aren't funny like ours are.

No sadly. But I remember someone saying it here.
I suppose we could narrow it down by trying to call all LA restaurants trying to make a reservation under mAlice and see which ones refuse… :)))

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I
like how your brain works…. ☺😂

Hey are any of you turds from Norfolk? We’re on our way there for the weekend! #holiday!

oh and on topic … Alice is a dick

That was my actual Nobbly bobbly earlier btw. It’s holiday for us, ice lollies are an acceptable breakfast. My toddler enjoyed a mini milk. I’m about to have an alcoholic beverage at 11:43 and I’m expecting to be 3 sharp ones in by arrival 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Somebody being giddy over how many years Bianca might have left is a new low for the FMs. Even if it's 20-30 years (and I hope it's much more), that's enough time for these two to live nicely together, have kids if they so wish, hell, even grankids. And then Ioan will be between 70 and 80. Alice won't be getting him back then either, so the FMs can stop crossing the days off the calender. Sick fucks.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
So Griffeth instead of Griffith?
I’m catching up so someone else might have answered this but in case not…

The difference is in the ‘th’ and that Welsh has 2 separate letters (or double letters) for what would be written as th in English.

Try to forget about the spelling for a moment and just concentrate on the sound.

THIS THING. If you say those two words out loud, you’ll notice the first bit isn’t pronounced the same although they’re both spelt with a t h.

Written in Welsh orthography, ‘This thing’ would be spelt ‘Ddis thing’. With me so far??

dd in Gruffudd is pronounced like the ‘th’ in ‘this’. Softly.

th in Griffith is more of a blowing/hissing sound, like in ‘thing’.

Say it out loud and you should notice the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Somebody being giddy over how many years Bianca might have left is a new low for the FMs. Even if it's 20-30 years (and I hope it's much more), that's enough time for these two to live nicely together, have kids if they so wish, hell, even grankids. And then Ioan will be between 70 and 80. Alice won't be getting him back then either, so the FMs can stop crossing the days off the calender. Sick fucks.
I bet he’d rather a limited time with Bianca than another second of Alice. I cannot believe these people think like that never mind tweet it.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
It's not sadly. The air quality is noticeably better outside London.
Just looked it up and Bristol at it's most dirty and 1/3 of of London's and 1/2 of Cardiff's today

The problem we have a huge population living on an island where most of it is wilderness and tiny smaller islands

Reactions: 5
see if this works (it was part of image I just posted but couldn't it to work within the same post) - please let me know if this is correct pronunciation

I'll remove that image if it's not correct.
I only get Google search results and the thing you have up there isn't among them. Possibly my Google settings are different.

But here, this guy explains it well, because he substitutes a TH with a DD in an English word, so you can hear it's a wrong sound:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That is absolutely disgraceful 😥
Who has said that?!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It was because of this tweet, however i don't think anyone ever found out if it was just a troll or genuine, sounds likely though with our Malice 😂😂

View attachment 1383452
I'm pretty certain it's a troll because the account got just created last september (when Alice's craziness turned up a notch due to Ioan being in France without her and due to tattle) and pretty much only talked about Alice

Do I find it believable though? Definitely.

Reactions: 13

The difference is in the ‘th’ and that Welsh has 2 separate letters (or double letters) for what would be written as th in English.

Try to forget about the spelling for a moment and just concentrate on the sound.

THIS THING. If you say those two words out loud, you’ll notice the first bit isn’t pronounced the same although they’re both spelt with a t h.

Written in Welsh orthography, ‘This thing’ would be spelt ‘Ddis thing’. With me so far??

What I notice when I do the "thing" sound is that there is a gap between my tongue and the bottom of my teeth where the air pushes out. With "they", my tongue is touching the bottom of my teeth.

When the "dd" comes at the end of the word, like with "Gruffudd", it takes more effort to pull your tongue away, whereas when it's at the start of the word, your tongue naturally moves to the next sound. I think Americans are very lazy with their articulation--think Harry "Podder" instead of "Potter". When I've learned other languages, I'm always surprised how much I have to move my tongue and jaw to make the correct sounds.

Reactions: 7
I suppose we could narrow it down by trying to call all LA restaurants trying to make a reservation under mAlice and see which ones refuse… :)))
she will be using a disguise and going by 'GRUFFUDD!' to get round that issue lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Thank you. Better than I explained it. (I duck up the R-rolls and can’t get down the “Ll,” tho.)

Also, love that YT channel, @BigBonedBuzzard ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm pretty certain it's a troll because the account got just created last september and pretty much only talked about Alice

Do I find it believable though? Definitely.
"She is not allowed in several neighborhood restaurants bc of her nasty temper."

I believe it.

Also by your definition are those of us who only talk about AE trolls? That's not what a troll is. AE takes up so much of my time that I can't be arsed with KP or Meghan etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.