Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #11 Never, ever, ever getting back together

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have major internet probs here.
I have surgery tomorrow and it is also the first anniversary of my husband passing away.
So I'm not in a good space + I may be sporadic in comms.
Hope all goes well for Ioan and the 3 Es.

That doesn't sound like Hyacinth, that sounds like Rose.
So sorry to hear about your husband and sending you best wishes for your surgery xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
THANK YOU. I’m Black & Arab, but speaking for the Black side, if I or anyone like me threw a tantrum this public and this gnarly we would be dismissed and even ridiculed.

There’s that frustrating stereotype of the “angry Black woman” that STILL evades every kind of thoughtful analysis and attempt to dismantle it. If I screamed into the void, I’d just be “irrationally angry.” Like, anger is performed, and it’s all too frequent that our responses to anger change based on who’s performing it.

Sorry, absolutely no intention to talk at you, you know this stuff. It’s just that I almost penned an essay about this whole issue of white women (Alice) claiming anger and subsequently being regarded as some sort of rebellious liberator while people of color, particularly Black people, pop off and all they’re told is that they should settle down.

Thank you for your wisdom.
It's okay! I don't think people understand how starkly different the reception is. Black pain when borne out publicly is often classified as trashy, "ghetto" and melodramatic. Like it has to be a performance. There's a very rigid code of conduct black women and other women of colour must keep to if they want to be heard. It involves sitting up straight, never raising our voices, never appearing too animated... white women can behave like AE for close to a year and be hailed as warriors and leaders. It's telling that all her little supporters are saying they want this "movement" to be the next #metoo when that campaign was started by a black woman who was subsequently drowned out by white women and quietly pushed to the side in her own movement.
Even just going on like Alice has has been a privilege, and she doesn't see any of it. How can anyone think she'll speak for them?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
At this point I think IG needs to get his arse back to LA pronto. His ex is having a full scale psychotic episode, his nanny is in ill health - what about the two girls? They need someone to come and make it ok! :(

Reactions: 15
I will gladly be a fantasist with you—I was hoping that’s what you’d think. Maybe in time people will start telling her to move on (in kinder ways). Surely not Deb nor Lin, but the people with less proximity to her who have actual lives lol.

Because at some point it just gets exhausting. Even drama gets exhausting at its tastiest. I feel like at some point, no matter what injustice she cries, people eventually won’t react, or at least not unless something phenomenally attention-grabbing occurs (Deb & Lin—that’s your cue to buy some bungee cords and tie Alice to the bumper of Ioan’s car).

But seriously, people are tired, you know? No one wants to listen to even their “BFF” moping for thousands of years over the same ex, the same grief, making minimal effort to stand back up.
Yeah I started to tell herwe should all do without been bullier nicely but repeatedly cause she is about to lose her mind

Reactions: 2
At this point I think IG needs to get his arse back to LA pronto. His ex is having a full scale psychotic episode, his nanny is in ill health - what about the two girls? They need someone to come and make it ok! :(
Agree. But he needs that damn money to pay the bills and A-lice liquor and meds

• Haha
Reactions: 10
As a person who isn't from any english speaking countries it's annoying ME just because Alice is such a raging classist to start with it just feels like she's been given a nice new toy to put down those she considers "beneath her", where often these will be people who actually work for a living instead of leeching off someone else like she does. Just oozes contempt for the "unwashed masses" actually contributing meaningfully unlike herself.

This is also why her advocacy is such a load of nonsense; she's constantly putting down other women over what they look like and perceived class differences, and doesn't have time for anything but her own very rich very white perspective. She's a terrible advocate!

Just for the record, as a woman of colour myself who has seen firsthand how little leeway we're given to express negative emotions before we're branded angry and hysterical, there is no way a woman of colour behaving like Alice has for months would have any supporters left at this stage. AE neither understands nor cares how thoroughly unrepresentative she is of like 95% of women, she desperately needs to stop speaking for us.
duck yes. She has no clue about true repression or any such thing.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
NotRightNowDarling I'm sorry I don't mean to detract from your important post about women of colour! This is really upsetting to read, people shouldn't be treated on such idiotic things as what colour skin they have. Racism has no place in the world ❤

It reminded me that she is trying to compare the #metoo movement with her situation and that makes me angry too,
sexual assault and rape
are in no way comparable to a marriage breakdown 😡 😡 😡

She should be ashamed of herself for so many things at this point.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I used to actually feel sorry for this woman until I saw her vile Twitter ramblings her poor children :cry:
She needs to go to a mental health facility before it's too late she sounds like Betty Boderick apart from Betty arguably was pushed by Dan as he was cutting her money off and the kids. Ioans left her alone with the kids and the house and she's still going for them.

She's like a pressure cooker if I was Ioan I would get some good security for him and Bianca when he comes back to the states.

Reactions: 14
This is why taking to social media in the way she has was never going to work. The one awful comment amongst 100 lovely ones will be the one that sticks with you- that’s just human nature. Some of her responses to a mildly negative/ neutral comments are disproportionate. Has anyone seen the “you’ve not been to university comment”?

She really needs some good people around her to cut this off.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
We could write a list of all the things she is doing that’s offensive.

She is a rich, white woman living in Hollywood in a $2 mill house with access to media outlets and contacts in the industry

she can’t bear the idea of having to live somewhere that might be trashy. Or getting a normal job. She has a full time nanny with kids in school all day and has been on her own for a year and still has sought no income

She did not marry young and was more than capable of a. Reading a prenup b. Saving up money and investing it into property as an adult before being mother. She chose not to do that

I get it that they spent all their money on IVF but again, massive privilege to be able to do that.

no one stole her husband, he left you of his own accord. And he’s allowed to leave you

this woman does not speak for me. She does not speak for my daughters. She isn’t even good enough to speak for my dog

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Arleta has a high Hispanic proportion and low income. Its like being racist and elitist without saying anything racist or elitist. If geography was what she was concerned with she could have just said Arizona.
Well, to be fair I'm deeply devastated there is no Waitrose at my door stop :LOL:

I haven't fully caught up yet but she really really really has gone off her hinges. BW has enough for a restraining order and slander.

Reactions: 8
Thanks for the update pinky ❤

It would appear from what I’ve saw so far this morning that Alice has indeed truly lost her way. That post I just saw of a selfie of Alice directed to Bianca was absolutely vile and deranged.

Who will stop this bleeping madness??
These comments were underneath her deranged, Facetuned selfie.

But wow, she is out of control and this is scary. Someone please do a 5150 on her for her own safety and for that of her girls.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.