Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #108 Alice Evans - penniless and down to her last $20,000 Bulgari Watch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Paps wait in all big airports to photograph anyone they can make a few quid from.

Celebs, politicians, reality tv Z listers, you only need to look in the Daily Fail to see that.

I imagine anyone heading towards the VIP area gets their photos taken, most will get junked, some will sell.

I can see no reason at all to think ANYONE set these shots up.

Paps LIVE in airports just on the off chance of getting a photo that a newspaper will pick up.
yeah, I agree I doubt they were called given the location. It's like claiming the paps at Craigs are called, they are just there (and celebs know that hence why they happily take the opportunity, but you cant avoid the airport if you want to fly lol). It was also clear given that there were two large festivals in both Cannes and Monaco at the weekend that you will spot celebs on one of those flights, so it makes sense that paps are waiting.

I do however think that they put on a bit of a show once they saw the paps, or they found them funny.

Either way pap shots reveal next to nothing in my opinion.

Reactions: 17
It's right about time she can start accessing funds from GFM. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of large donations every 3-6 days. Withdraw funds. Donate anonymously, look like you're getting support. Also, the reason she doesn't do Patreon is that it is private. You have to pay to see content, she can't splash it all over to get the press (basically DM at this point) and attention she's craving.
That would be a really stupid self-own on her part if she's donating to herself, GoFundMe charges a transaction fee per donation (taken from the donation), so she'd be costing herself money every time. Cutting off her nose to spite her own face, as it were.

I don’t shade her for not going for endless auditions when she has kids

But I do shade anyone in her position who has clearly given absolutely no thought or effort into any kind of ‘back up’ career for the best part of a decade after she decided to take a step back to have kids. What did she think was going to happen? She got her degree in languages then travelled and acted using them. She then moved to an English speaking country, had kids in her 40’s and has invested zero time in exploring any other creative/talent avenues. She has literally sat on her ass. This is an incredibly stupid decision. It is also revolting she had so many good contacts in the industry (Piers, etc) and has wasted every single opportunity she ever had

Setting up a podcast on womens issues or something is not costly or much effort when your kids are in bed, neither is writing and pitching your writing from the comfort of your own home via email, or even influencing via Instagram. Almost all actors and models before they make it huge (and even often after) have sideline projects going on, from selling shampoo on IG to writing scripts, being a personal assistant, getting a job on a set, learning to edit videos, investing in other people projects, building a platform etc. I can name you dozens of actors who have gone into a business on the side in wine, catering, production (Ioan seems to maybe be going this way)

Now not only is she still doing none of the above, she also won’t even consider a normal job. 2 years ago she probably could have monetised her Insta for a certain age female demographic and got a load of free tit to promote from beside the pool, but she's too lazy to even do that.
I don't think she's ever had what we would call a "normal" job. If she was with Oucassi for 8 years circa 2000, that means they met by 1992, which would put her in her early twenties (somebody double-check my math). She got hooked into the Euro jet-set lifestyle, dabbled in modeling, and then went into acting. She's probably terrified at the thought of a workaday job, not that that's an excuse.

A podcast might be a great idea, but if she wants to make money at it, she's going to have to hustle for advertisers and play nice with them. She's too lazy for any of that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Paps wait in all big airports to photograph anyone they can make a few quid from.

Celebs, politicians, reality tv Z listers, you only need to look in the Daily Fail to see that.

I imagine anyone heading towards the VIP area gets their photos taken, most will get junked, some will sell.

Paps LIVE in airports just on the off chance of getting a photo that a newspaper will pick up.
Especially in LA. For a few years, I travelled back and forth to LA from my home. I saw a few celebs (Pierce Brosnan, Kate Hudson, Jude Law, Howie Mandel, among others) and there are definitely paps hanging out at LAX.

• Heart
If you're a working actor, you go through the casting process. Why wouldn't she have also tried to find work when he wasn't getting any offers? That doesn't make a lot of sense. And while she had two young kids at home, she had two women there - one nanny (this is pre-Gloria) and a housekeeper. And if Ioan was home as well ... no excuses, sorry.

This video is from Spring 2012, when Ioan was filming "Ringer" locally and Ella was two and a half. Both of them working worked out then, why shouldn't it have later once the girls were both in school? She always had paid help in the house and a husband who was often home, whether working locally or simply between projects. Because contrary to how she has gone on about him having hardly been home for most of the girls' lives, he was often at home for stretches of weeks or even months. When did she become so utterly complacent and lazy? Was it when she became obsessed with social media, shutting herself away with her laptop and a wine bottle?

Notice also in this clip that he mentions that she was once gone on location for 10 days and he had the little girl. How does mAlice paint this now? That he was an absentee father all their lives, but he wasn't. And he also mentions that they had a daycare center at the studio. So all nothing but excuses on her part, probably to cover up her bruised ego that at some point nobody wanted her anymore, for lack of talent and due to her behaviours.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Especially in LA. For a few years, I travelled back and forth to LA from my home. I saw a few celebs (Pierce Brosnan, Kate Hudson, Jude Law, Howie Mandel, among others) and there are definitely paps hanging out at LAX.
I have only been to LA once, and I saw Dave Grohl and Jamie Lee Curtis at the airport! Dave was in the sharp end of my plane, me rather further back.

To be fair I think Alice knows that getting parts is difficult, not just for her, for IG too. I have not followed their careers so can’t claim to be an expert but I know IG has had his fallow times as a jobbing actor. They both spoke about this when they were interviewed by Piers Morgan.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
they are shortly featured in a 20 seconds montage from yesterday on the Festival's IG account

• Heart
Bianca’s latest instagram is at an awards party by the looks of it. The song playing is ‘hit the road Jack’ couldn’t be more apt 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Regarding the Bulgari watch - Ioan bought it for her. She won’t sell it for sentimental reasons. I understand that. Despite all the control issues, and I know she liked the status of being married to Ioan, I think she genuinely loved him. I know some people disagree with that view on here, but within the anger she is grieving for her lost love. For long time readers, someone pointed out that when she posted something on Instagram, a shot of her laptop was in the corner, and taped to it was a loved up picture of her and Ioan in happier times. This was far far into the process. She is a mix of anger, heartbreak, humiliation, regret, hurt and worry. But Alice’s default is always rage.

Not defending the GFM, totally out of order. Or any of her abusive behaviour. Or her in general!
I don't think she ever loved him because she's a narcissist - and they're incapable of lovd. What she's grieving and rating over is the fact that she's lost her prized possession. Never dump a narc - they'll never let it go, obsess over it, and do all they can to get revenge.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Setting up a podcast on womens issues or something is not costly or much effort when your kids are in bed, neither is writing and pitching your writing from the comfort of your own home via email, or even influencing via Instagram. Almost all actors and models before they make it huge (and even often after) have sideline projects going on, from selling shampoo on IG to writing scripts, being a personal assistant, getting a job on a set, learning to edit videos, investing in other people projects, building a platform etc. I can name you dozens of actors who have gone into a business on the side in wine, catering, production (Ioan seems to maybe be going this way)

Now not only is she still doing none of the above, she also won’t even consider a normal job. 2 years ago she probably could have monetised her Insta for a certain age female demographic and got a load of free tit to promote from beside the pool, but she's too lazy to even do that.
This is so true. Now that I think about it, she could have done what someone like Amanda Kloots did. (For non-Americans who aren't familiar with Amanda, she's a dancer who was widowed and left with a new baby and mortgage when her Broadway-star husband died of COVID early in the pandemic, and she quickly parlayed the sympathy and name recognition around her case into a book, paid Instagram advertising, talk show hosting, a Dancing with the Stars run, etc. This has been somewhat controversial since some people see it as taking advantage of a tragedy, but she's not really famous enough for there to be a big backlash that ruins her bag).

Alice could have used the momentum around the divorce before the restraining order evidence was filed and opinion turned against her, but she was too arrogant to realize she would only have the attention and sympathy of the public for a short moment.

Even now, she says she could do paid Instagram advertising, but she's not sure she can advertise a product she doesn't like. Princess, you better believe most people who desperately need money for their kids would find something or ten things to like about a product that's willing to pay them to merely write a bleeping Instagram post about it! How entitled can she be?

Reactions: 26
Alice could easily do a podcast, maybe one that shows her journey on how to start again in mid life after divorce. She could interview different people, try out new fitness ideas etc, how to regroup, dating again, managing the kids and having a life (Gloria would be gone by then) She would have to stop herself from slamming IG and BW so it might be a big ask.

Instagram - she says she would find it difficult to advertise a product she doesn’t like. She’s an actress. Fake it. It’s not as if she is adverse to the odd fib.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She can't get another extension it'll go ahead with just her representative surely??
It will go ahead regardless of whether she or her legal representative are there. She has used up her get out of TRO hearing free cards. She would have to show good cause to the judge for wanting to reschedule and I doubt it would be granted after two previous delays.

Reactions: 6

100 percent true, especially in any city where there are a lot of productions going on. Vancouver, Toronto, Atlanta, even here in Chicago. Paps and autograph sellers, hanging out in Airports like cockroaches you can’t get rid of. Maybe even ten years ago I’d say they’d probably called someone, but now there are so many media sites looking for pics of anyone who’s remotely famous those vultures are camping out anywhere they might find some content.

(Hi Sally! 👋🏻👋🏻)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Even now, she says she could do paid Instagram advertising, but she's not sure she can advertise a product she doesn't like
Why aren't Blue Nun banging her door down?? 😬

Early thread title suggestion;
Schrodinger's Alice: Wants IG to see the children, but won't let IG see the children.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

This video is from Spring 2012, when Ioan was filming "Ringer" locally and Ella was two and a half. Both of them working worked out then, why shouldn't it have later once the girls were both in school? She always had paid help in the house and a husband who was often home, whether working locally or simply between projects. Because contrary to how she has gone on about him having hardly been home for most of the girls' lives, he was often at home for stretches of weeks or even months. When did she become so utterly complacent and lazy? Was it when she became obsessed with social media, shutting herself away with her laptop and a wine bottle?

Notice also in this clip that he mentions that she was once gone on location for 10 days and he had the little girl. How does mAlice paint this now? That he was an absentee father all their lives, but he wasn't. And he also mentions that they had a daycare center at the studio. So all nothing but excuses on her part, probably to cover up her bruised ego that at some point nobody wanted her anymore, for lack of talent and due to her behaviours.
Doesn't A frequently claim that he's only ever watched the kids (during the marriage) for a weekend, and doesn't she also say she's never been apart from them for more than a night?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That would be a really stupid self-own on her part if she's donating to herself, GoFundMe charges a transaction fee per donation (taken from the donation), so she'd be costing herself money every time. Cutting off her nose to spite her own face, as it were.

I don't think she's ever had what we would call a "normal" job. If she was with Oucassi for 8 years circa 2000, that means they met by 1992, which would put her in her early twenties (somebody double-check my math). She got hooked into the Euro jet-set lifestyle, dabbled in modeling, and then went into acting. She's probably terrified at the thought of a workaday job, not that that's an excuse.

A podcast might be a great idea, but if she wants to make money at it, she's going to have to hustle for advertisers and play nice with them. She's too lazy for any of that.
If it’s not her money to start with why would she care?

Reactions: 5
Not only that, but she would have to familiarise herself with a steady work schedule (something she's never experienced) and well-mannered communication with clients, peers and superiors. Whilst I believe that a structured day would do her a world of good, I can hardly imagine her reacting kindly to anyone trying to show her the ropes, asking her to do something she doesn't feel like doing or, heaven forbid, correcting/changing anything she does.
Absolutely. I have six hours of classes tomorrow, which is difficult - I'm going through a really bad arthritis flare at the moment and sleep is torture, because my knees seize in the middle of the night, which is simply exhausting - but would I let my kids down? Would I hell!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
For no reason in particular I just want to make the observation that well rounded, emotionally stable and happy children don't 'freak out' or claim to be 'traumatised' if the situation is handled well by the adult in charge.

A new girlfriend will not 'traumatise' children if it's is explained to them correctly. If my children were freaking out as much as the two E's are, I'd be taking a good look at my parenting (especially as the parenting is 100% Alice at the moment)

I'm divorced and my children go between each home without any issues. When they have resisted going to daddy's (only natural as I was a stay at home mum when we separated so by default I did most of the childcare) I have always had my exes back and by never letting the kids see me emotional about the handover, they have learnt to not get emotional themselves. Yes my ex cheated on me in a pretty horrendous way, but I have always had his back when it comes to the kids.

Saying that I also believe the terms 'freaking out' and 'traumatised' are highly likely to be inflammatory words used by Alice to exaggerate the truth. My partner's ex is exactly like Alice and she made similar claims about his son all the time. Upon speaking to him it was clear she invented the entire thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.