Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #108 Alice Evans - penniless and down to her last $20,000 Bulgari Watch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A disaster or fake illness will hit Alice on August 1st, you can count on it. 😂
She doesn’t want to go to court and have Ioan see her as she looks now.
Fat and dishevelled.
But she has had two years to get into shape and look gorgeous in court.
Her own fault!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Well in her case, it’s not a matter of age. She didn’t have a career when she was younger and good looking. She’s not talented as an actress and she probably has a pretty bad reputation in the industry. Before SM they would be her punching bags.
Yep, exactly! A big red cross on any headshots that still exist of her.

Eh, I might have to give this one to Big Al. When you have a career in the arts, and you stop actively searching for work (no matter how sporadic the work, and even if it didn’t pay money), it IS giving up your career. To people outside the arts, it possibly should be worded ‘giving up ON’ your career. But the reality is, jobs are scarce, they’re frequently unpaid, you have to be relentless in pursuing them, and if you get them you’re more than lucky: you jumped through hoops of fire.
So to give up on that pursuit is huge if you’ve had ANY success.
Alice did well to get the roles she did, at the ages she got them.
I do understand how it might not seem like she gave up anything.
But she did.
And it would have hurt.
Okay I get your point so I'll rephrase to it's not Ioan's fault she gave up on her career then. But also there were periods when he didn't work and she was not actively picking up the slack and looking for work. So I guess that's kinda what I meant?
I don't think I'm making sense.

The film First wives club, Goldie Hawn says there are three ages in Hollywood for women, babe, district attorney and driving miss daisy. Everybody knows this is 100% true including aged out Alice.
I LOVE that movie!

Fat and dishevelled.
Her own fault!
But but but she can just lose the weight in TWO WHOLE WEEKS!*

*depending on what day you've caught her on of course. And what has caused the weight gain. In her eyes. That particular day.

Uh huh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
A good soul on her IG mentioned she could do well selling jewellery in a high-end shop, and I think they were right, as long as she would be able to drag herself there looking presentable. Payed by the hour so she can get by just that, but with bonuses if she sells some good stuff - I think she'd do well there.

Plus I think she'd benefit greatly getting a job outside of her home. She needs social interactions.
She'd be lucky to get a part-time job at the jewelry counter at Macy's in the Beverly Center. I'd like to see her eating a bag lunch with the other sales people in the break room. Ha!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Walking through an airport that is always full of paps is not groading Alice. They are free to use airports as they so wish. That is victim blaming. How do you suppose they get to Monte Carlo?
If X aka mAlice had her way they would get there via the Titanic! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Alice couldn't tell the truth if her life depended on it
So she's fine with a blended family if and only if he talks to her. That's her only hangup -that he won't talk to her. Right. She still thinks that she is in control.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Didn't an earlier poster say that each party only gets one extension? She requested the extension to get a new attorney, so even if she has a "disaster" or "sudden illness," the attorney has to be there or the court will grant the PRO?

Reactions: 6
I think Ioan and B will get engaged as soon as the divorce is over.
Alice stop being a c*nt and then they can get engaged! Don’t stand in the way of love! ❤
This is where bifurcation would come in handy. Ioan's single status would be restored, with custody and support to be decided later.

Reactions: 11
Fat and dishevelled.
Her own fault!
You can be fat but you can be well groomed. You don't have to look like a laundry basket just because you are not a size 2. But I guess she wants to wear her thin clothes from her Ioan era.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She is not required to appear at the hearing. If she doesn't, or counsel doesn't appear on her behalf the way Leon did the other day, the judge will make a decision on the PRO based on the evidence submitted by Ioan's lawyers. The hearing won't be cancelled because she doesn't go.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Didn't an earlier poster say that each party only gets one extension? She requested the extension to get a new attorney, so even if she has a "disaster" or "sudden illness," the attorney has to be there or the court will grant the PRO?
Only the respondent (Alice) gets one extension without further explanation, because technically they are on the backfoot, she used that one up now

The petitioner only has a free extension if he couldn't serve the respondent on time (can happen, see the custody stuff for Olivia Wilde LOL)

For anything else you need a good reason: the one Ioan's side got was agreed by both parties, so that always gets through.

A good reason would be a sickness that kept you for weeks/months away from preparing your case (like really bad, if you can be on IG it's not bad enough) or a job that equally kept you away. Since this case is half a year in the making (so preperation is no excuse) I doubt that the judge will let any request to continue go through, unless both parties want it (again). Another reason is for the petitioner to ask for it because the abuse was too recent and thus going to court already traumatizing, but that's again more common the first time

Even if Alice has a mindblowing disaster on august 1st it likely wont matter, because the respondent isn't required to be there. And if she fires her lawyer again or doesnt hire one it's her own fault. And the judge would proceed to listen to Ioan's team.

Plus I doubt that the judge would accept any new request from Alice anyway given that she used her freebie extension against the spirit of the Law (yiu are meant to use it the first time)

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I had several chances to meet him in the old days, but for various reasons I chose not to.

I have met plenty of people who did meet him (again going back to when he was younger) and he was unfailing kind, nice, polite and treated them all with courtesy ❤

I wonder if anyone who has met Alice would say the same? 😂
I haven’t met him either but know a lot of people who have met or were friends with him both before he was famous & since. (One degree of separation encapsulates literally every single person in the Welsh-speaking world, many many times over. You will always know at least three people who know any other Cymro.)

Like you say, I’ve never heard a single bad word said about him. But I have about his ‘companion’! Esp when a fellow Welsh-speaker met him and they started talking while she was there. I’ve heard of 2 separate instances where she reacted very rudely to this and can well believe there were many more.

Compare & contrast this with how his friends in Wales have taken to Bianca and it tells me everything I need to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
So she's fine with a blended family if and only if he talks to her. That's her only hangup -that he won't talk to her. Right. She still thinks that she is in control.
More like, he won't take her calls so she can verbally abuse him.

Reactions: 12
Fat and dishevelled.
Her own fault!
With a diet of brown rice and wholegrain crispbread, egg whites, tuna, and steamed veggies plus an hour a day cardio (walking at a reasonable pace will do it, it’s about heart rate) plus some omega-3s and fatty acids (fish oil capsules will do, but daily- to eliminate dry skin) and 2L water a day, she could actually make huge progress before the hearing and look much better. Presuming that’s what she wants. But she’d have to cut out booze, or at least go for low-calorie and halve her intake.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Eh, I might have to give this one to Big Al. When you have a career in the arts, and you stop actively searching for work (no matter how sporadic the work, and even if it didn’t pay money), it IS giving up your career. To people outside the arts, it possibly should be worded ‘giving up ON’ your career. But the reality is, jobs are scarce, they’re frequently unpaid, you have to be relentless in pursuing them, and if you get them you’re more than lucky: you jumped through hoops of fire.
So to give up on that pursuit is huge if you’ve had ANY success.
Alice did well to get the roles she did, at the ages she got them.
I do understand how it might not seem like she gave up anything.
But she did.
And it would have hurt.
The thing is, with acting, you have representation looking for work for you, and hopefully, your own body of work makes you top of mind with casting agents, producers and show runners. A lot of actors take smaller parts because they want to work, they want to try character roles or parts they normally wouldn't be considered for, but they try to keep working. She's had mostly small (very small) roles, with the exception of Dalmations, The Christmas Card and The Vampire Diaries. That's out of some 42 or so roles as noted on IMDB. There was a story a while back in the threads about how she pitched a fit when she was kept waiting at an audition, her agent tried to talk sense into her and either she fired them or vice versa. Given what we've seen of Alice, I am betting she axed them. She doesn't like being told no, and no is something actors in particular have to get used to hearing. Plus the cruel reality is that it's tough for older actresses to get decent roles, older meaning anything over about 35. So she is behind that 8 ball as well.

If she had had a really robust career, even doing smaller parts but doing them well and being respected in the industry, the parts would have continued. It's worth stressing that her last role was in 2018 and she had small roles from the time Ella was born. She truly didn't give up a career in the sense of turning down roles and saying she didn't want to even be considered while her kids were young. She just wasn't and isn't getting the offers and now it seems she doesn't even have representation. Also interesting that she talks about needing to be away overnight. That would be for a bigger role in a more prestigious production than she would probably be considered for. Not being mean, just realistic. There are probably plenty of walk on or one or two line roles she could get right in LA but she would turn up her nose at those.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yep, exactly! A big red cross on any headshots that still exist of her.

Okay I get your point so I'll rephrase to it's not Ioan's fault she gave up on her career then. But also there were periods when he didn't work and she was not actively picking up the slack and looking for work. So I guess that's kinda what I meant?
I don't think I'm making sense.

I LOVE that movie!

But but but she can just lose the weight in TWO WHOLE WEEKS!*

*depending on what day you've caught her on of course. And what has caused the weight gain. In her eyes. That particular day.

Uh huh.
I’m not going to shade Alice for not going through the casting process with two young kids at home when her husband didn’t have work and was going through the same brutal process of getting it.
It isn’t like a normal job interview.
This part of what she says makes sense.
Refusing to get a ‘normal’ job when she no longer can jump back into the process is another thing. That’s unreasonable.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.