Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #104 When your enemy is making a mistake, don't interfere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comments. I’m here for this. Come back is a witch eh Alice you nasty vindictive cow?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
They're letting comments through immediately now (nudge nudge wink wink)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
btw regarding the earlier discussion on whether Ioan needs to make a statement: No, imo. No point to change now the excellent strategy of staying silent. 99 % of the (interested) public has realized that she is nutters, so no damage will be done in all likehood (unlike the earlier stuff). When the truth comes out entirely a big part of that 1 % will be left embarrassed to the bones. And at some point it will: Alice cant forever delay the inevitable.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Some of the comments

What on earth did he ever see in this person?

Let us know when shes moved to an affordable home and found a job. Sick of this whining freeloader now.

G..E..T..AJ..O..B !!!!!

Why is she posting cartoon images of herself instead of getting a job?

Let us know when you've clean hit bottom Alice, as we will all appreciate the silence between now and then. LOL

It looks as if there is a second set of pupils superimposed on her eyes. Very strange

she's going to write a screenplay! , any takers for her self absorbed screenplay and book? Nope thought not !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
This is good. The Strange, Sick, Sad Career of Ioan Gruffudd (preppiesoftheapocalypse.blogspot.com)

102 Dalmatians (2000)

Oh, honey, why'd you do it? [IKR]

You were doing so well. First Hornblower and Great Expectations duked it out at the Emmys, with the gold going to Hornblower, then Warriors took home a BAFTA award, then Solomon and Gaenor went and trumped them all by getting an Academy Award nomination. Clearly, you were making your name as a talent to be reckoned with.

And then... and then... 102 Dalmatians, Ioan? Really? That's what you decided to do next?

I know it doesn't pay to be too snobby about prospective employment. Sometimes you have to pay the bills. But I'm still finding it hard to believe this was the best you were offered. [ETA same with his choice of wife]

I'm not judging it unfairly, either. Come on, be honest. It's a terrible, terrible movie. Not terrible in a "well, it's silly, but harmless enough" kind of way, or an "I hate to admit it, but I giggled a couple of times" way, either. No, it's vile.

What was going through your head when you read the script? Granted, at that point you couldn't possibly know the finished product would include Gerard Depardieu wandering around in a fur jockstrap. But I'm betting the running gag about how he pronounces "puppy" as "poopy" in his French accent was in the script, right? What about the part where Glenn Close gets baked into the cake? Or how about that littlest puppy, whose barks get subtitled in baby talk?

You probably have warm fuzzy memories of this film, because you started dating your co-star Alice Evans afterward. [LOL] She's a total knockout, so congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, but... jeez, this film is really, really bad. You know what's the worst part? I don't even like you in it. I know your character is supposed to be naïve and trusting, but honestly, you come across as, well, kind of brain-damaged. That's unkind, I know, and I'm a terrible person for saying it, but it's true. I gave up on you around the time you got on all fours and played tug-of-war with a piece of knotted rope against a bulldog. Using your teeth. And we were barely past the opening credits!

On behalf of the entertainment industry, I'd like to extend a formal apology that you were so ill-used and abused in your Hollywood debut. And honestly, I still don't think we've quite figured out what to do with you. We keep making you do fake American accents and doing horrible things to your hair.

Which reminds me of the one thing that I do genuinely like about 102 Dalmatians: Your hair. Those floppy bangs were a good look for you. Oh, and the shorts that you cheekily paired with knee socks and a parka. Yeah. Those were good, too.

The rest of the movie? Poopy.
Is there a timestamp on this? If not I'm going to need irrefutable evidence Alice didn't write this retrospectively

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My comments calling her a bleep aren’t getting through. Why could that be??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Is there a timestamp on this? If not I'm going to need irrefutable evidence Alice didn't write this retrospectively
If Alice wrote this, do you think she would s-lag off her biggest movie? Nah, it would be all about how the Oscars strangely missed her performance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Prospective Thread Title - Glum, Dumb and Full of Rum

And now back to work I go!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The lawyers are all about the money, my friend went through a horrible divorce and the lawyers were there as it went on and on and on until the money ran out, the lawyers disappeared immediately. 4 million dollars later. Leon has found out the prenup is valid and Ioan is as pure as the driven snow, Alice can't pay him ever so he's quit.
Did she expect the lawyer to work for free after her money ran out? There is no free lunch in life. Ioan appeared to have bent over backwards to accomodate her, but she chose to be a dick. She could have saved all that if she agreed to the collaborative divorce. She filed the paperwork to withdraw from it. Hoisted by her own petard.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Did she expect the lawyer to work for free after her money ran out? There is no free lunch in life. Ioan appeared to have bent over backwards to accomodate her, but she chose to be a dick. She could have saved all that if she agreed to the collaborative divorce. She filed the paperwork to withdraw from it. Hoisted by her own petard.
I know the tone is quite serious (she's a big dick, bigger than her stbx's) but hoisted by her own petard made me chuckle cause I read it in an Erin from Derry Girls voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.