Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evan #159 Saint Ioan of Tattle wouldn’t ride MN into battle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies for just barging in … I’m a reader not a poster …
but one positive in the whole sorry saga is that there seems to be a number of strong, kind women on the sidelines (Ioan’s mum, Bianca, Gloria and now Iris and Gina that we are aware of) who have stepped up and hopefully will be there to help the girls through whatever comes next in a positive role model way.
No, you’re most welcome - it’s always lovely to have new Tattlers on this thread! And your observation is spot on.

Reactions: 19
This is probably the worst 24 hours in the saga so far :( reading the latest documents submitted

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I think Leon might have read Ioan's document more carefully but Marie is about the right lawyer for Alice. Dodgy af.
I have respect for Leon, too - including that he figured out a way to extricate himself from representing Alice. When reading documents, the first scan for me is usually dates (especially dates of hearings), then dollars (how much do they want?). Then you go back for the fine points.

Reactions: 26
Marie won't dump Alice while she thinks there is $90,000 coming her way. She will dump her when she realises the agreement to sell the house is a charade and there is no way that house is being sold any time soon.

Reactions: 28
So, Marie signed a legal document and then stated she was unaware of the scheduled court date by admitting she did not closely read it - and expects the courts to excuse her oversight(s) and that's supposed to make everything "okay"?

OMG and I was taught to not sign anything without completely reading it! unbelievable, especially for someone calling herself a lawyer!
Sounds like a lead-in for Marie's future attempt to dismiss the prenup by saying that Alice just "skimmed" that document and didn't see all the details of the prenup?

like saying - hey, if it works in this then maybe Marie and Alice can use the same argument on the prenup...
I really don't think a judge will fall for I didn't read what I was signing!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m not sure about that. Malice was clearly in narcissist devaluation mode for the last four years of their marriage. When narcs get bored and tired with their current relationship, they begin to infantilise and psychologically abuse their spouse/partner. It starts with a simple question, statement or message that causes the narc to want to tip the other off the pedestal of their own creation. (I’m wondering whether Malice’s moment came when he chided her for making hideously inappropriate remarks on Twitter - that’s not the woman I married; the woman I married was dignified, &c., and she told her followers that he didn’t know her at all, or words to that effect.) The abuse and gaslighting starts slowly, then snowballs. I think IG’s survival instincts kicked in when she rang him on set when he was in Australia and bullied him/those around him so that he would come back to LA, followed by the beating-around-the-head and drunken stupor on the floor incident. He was at the end of his tether. He couldn’t even have a bath in privacy. And he would have realised that her behaviour was seriously jeopardising his ability to get work - which was essential, given that she refused to get off her fat arse/SM. Chatting with BW online and being exposed to actual kindness and respect must have made him realise that Malice’s treatment of him was unforgivable - and the fact that she was doing it in front of the children even more so. So, in order to save his sanity, his career and a respectful and loving relationship with his children, he left. I am firmly of the opinion that Bianca came later - and thank God she did.
BIB I am also very glad he has someone to love and support him. Alice is worse than I could ever have imagined.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have respect for Leon, too - including that he figured out a way to extricate himself from representing Alice. When reading documents, the first scan for me is usually dates (especially dates of hearings), then dollars (how much do they want?). Then you go back for the fine points.
the one filing Leon made (about the TRO) was pretty impressive, he had me almost agreeing

and yes, agreed, if you skim and you see a unknown date...I mean what person would not stop and read that?!

With Alice, every time on Twitter she makes a point of accusing Ioan of doing something/not doing something, in fact the opposite is true.
  • "He didn't want to take them to therapy"
  • "He cut off our phone and internet"
  • "He doesn't want to see our girls"
  • "He left us with no money"
  • "He hates Ella"
  • "He blindsided me when he left me"

I'm sure there's more I've missed off, this is just what I can remember off the top of my head.

Alice is manipulative, but she's also a bleeping moron. She needs to express herself in writing (Twitter, abusive emails and texts to Ioan and his family), so she's left a rich paper trail of her abuse, lies and contradictions, as well as evidence that knows she's done wrong.

From the first Mail Online interview she gave about their split. BIB is mine:

Why do you think that was "strange", you utter moron? Because your appalling and incomprehensible behaviour broke him.

So you even admit you knew it wasn't right, but the dopamine hit you got from the Twitter notifications from your internet friends made up for it.

Here, a woman in her 50s admits she doesn't like being told what to do, even though what she was doing had legal ramifications. What a bleeping hateful idiot. You're not 5 years old anymore. It really sounds like she could have oppositional defiant disorder (or maybe she's just a bleep).

Here, Alice neglects to mention that she was recording this whole interaction, ready to put up on her Instagram. Totally normal behaviour to record your husband coming back from being away for weeks, without any warning, right?

No you dipshit, you're meant to protect your girls and provide a stable environment for them. You're not meant to complain about your ex, use your daughters as confidantes/parentify them, terrify them, and manipulate them into hating their father.

But it's OK for you to call him "saggy vagina eyes" and insult him about his hair loss? You also threatened to leave him and get a new boyfriend, it's all there in the court documents.
I don't believe he ever criticised Alice's weight or appearance. He is not a shallow person, IMO. She is such a liar.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I would imagine she has asked Ella to record her time with IG. That’s why A was in a panic and thought he was going through the phones. The recordings would be on Ella’s phone.

in a way it's extra sad because obviously he isnt only doing it to make a paper trail to prove the publuc that he didnt abandoned them but genuinely wants a relationship with them AND for them to be properly raised. hence the no phone thingy in order to fix Alice's horrible parenting. And the b*** is trying to use this against him.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The actor from the Ghostbuster films, the little one, gave up his acting career I believe when his wife died so he could take care of his children, be there for them and not have to travel for work. I believe that his children are far more important to Ioan than his acting career, although it would be best if he could have both. Otherwise he’d have given up his fight to stay in their lives, and be their Daddy.
Not sure I totally agree with this - I don't think Ioan can get, nor would want 100% custody. He is in a difficult place in that he is a B-/C+ list actor and right now has to take what work is given and invariably this means working away from home for large chunks. He also made a key mistake, in my opinion, in going to Australia and missing 2 key therapy sessions - I question whether that was essential. That, together with his extended holiday in the UK is likely to have given the girls the firm impression that they come second after Bianca. This, with the other missing session (work in NY) plus Alice's shenanigans mean the therapy has not happened meaningfully for the girls at a critical time. I think Ioan is in a truly awful position but I also think he has made mistakes.
The likelihood of him getting 100% custody is moot anyway. No-one can prove - to the burden of proof required for the courts/CPS - that Alice is abusive or neglectful to her children. Her PA is clear but again that has gone on so long now and is so entrenched that it may work against Ioan getting any custody at all (in particular for Ella as she may refuse to engage and the courts won't force her). If regular therapy isn't immediately instituted (and it's doubtful it will for months and months due to the slow pace of the court) it's unlikely anything will change. And if therapy doesn't work, the only thing to hope is that Alice will do a Betty Broderick and drop the kids off with him to try and break up him and B.
It is a horrible crappy situation, but sadly it's one that happens on an all-too regular basis in divorce cases. Unfortunately it is usually the father who is alienated. Alice, the evil bleep, will likely succeed with her PA in the short term, but long term, once they are adult, I am sure they will start to see the truth and will re-develop a relationship with Ioan.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
One day, those children will remember their father walking behind them as they walked home after leaving their Saturday visitation with him less than an hour after arriving. They'll remember that he walked behind them, every time, to make sure that they got home safely.
They'll remember how he called them every week, even though their mother insulted, disparaged and harassed him, every single time. They'll remember that he spent almost every dollar that he had, on trying to make sure that he stayed in their lives, despite their mother's best efforts to keep him away, for no reason other than her being bitter and spiteful because her marriage had broken down.

One day, perhaps as adults, they'll read the court documents and realise that their father was not the bad guy in all this.
I lost my dad 2 months ago and this broke my heart ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38
You know what i can't get my head around is mAlices FMs:
FM: Hi Alice I hope you're okay after having to go to court for repeatedly breaking the DRVO for being an abusive bleep!
Malice: ❤❤❤❤

I'm starting to think that all these FMs accounts are actually all mAlice and sockbro, because, please don't tell me people are really this thick! That after all the evidence they still think that this fuckwit is innocent 🤦🏼‍♀️
It’s like George Carlin says:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
To be fair, Ella did hand over her phone at the end but it's interesting that she couldn't just do that without calling mAlice first. She knew that Alice would make a meal of a simple request but it's worse than that. AE is trying to make them deeply suspicious of their own father. He will 'investigate' his kids as if they are criminals and 'look for tit'. All part of the PA.

There could be recordings on their phones of their convos with IG which Alice makes them record so that she can listen to them. That said, IG is not 'investigating' his kids and if we think that then we are buying into Alice's bullshit. He just wanted to talk to them without having to compete with their phones.
Alice wouldn't be able to track them and furtively msg Ella to instruct her in what stunt to pull or say if the phone is switched off.

Reactions: 11
Blimey, had a lot to catch up on. I honestly didn't think she could sink any lower. What a disgusting witch.

Re custody, whether that be 100% or 50%, I just don't see how either can safely work. They have shown that they are willing to walk back to Alice, so how can he safely have them overnight? He can't keep an eye on them for 24 hours a day.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
She will continue to disrupt any contact Ioan has with the girls. Whether it’s 50/50 or 100%. She has enmeshed them to her and parentified them. Not a slight on either kid, it’s Alice that has caused all of this.
This woman called her kid a “tedious witch” and the other 9 year old a “snitch”.
She’s an absolute monster.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Not sure I totally agree with this - I don't think Ioan can get, nor would want 100% custody. He is in a difficult place in that he is a B-/C+ list actor and right now has to take what work is given and invariably this means working away from home for large chunks. He also made a key mistake, in my opinion, in going to Australia and missing 2 key therapy sessions - I question whether that was essential. That, together with his extended holiday in the UK is likely to have given the girls the firm impression that they come second after Bianca. This, with the other missing session (work in NY) plus Alice's shenanigans mean the therapy has not happened meaningfully for the girls at a critical time. I think Ioan is in a truly awful position but I also think he has made mistakes.
The likelihood of him getting 100% custody is moot anyway. No-one can prove - to the burden of proof required for the courts/CPS - that Alice is abusive or neglectful to her children. Her PA is clear but again that has gone on so long now and is so entrenched that it may work against Ioan getting any custody at all (in particular for Ella as she may refuse to engage and the courts won't force her). If regular therapy isn't immediately instituted (and it's doubtful it will for months and months due to the slow pace of the court) it's unlikely anything will change. And if therapy doesn't work, the only thing to hope is that Alice will do a Betty Broderick and drop the kids off with him to try and break up him and B.
It is a horrible crappy situation, but sadly it's one that happens on an all-too regular basis in divorce cases. Unfortunately it is usually the father who is alienated. Alice, the evil bleep, will likely succeed with her PA in the short term, but long term, once they are adult, I am sure they will start to see the truth and will re-develop a relationship with Ioan.
Ella acts exactly the same way as she did pre-France. I doubt anything had any influence here. Alice always would find something to put Ioan down. If he did a key mistake it's allowing negotiations to go too long instead of immediately filing the second Alice started to interfere. Though this is all in hindsight and I'm not sure if that would have helped.

as for custody: if Alice is convicted for a DVRO breech she is not entitled to custody, though obviously even if he would get 100 % on paper it wouldnt be at least short term what would happen in reality though

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.