Inventing Anna - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with Anna saying Rachel has "very flexible moral standards" and "shamelessly exploited her connection". I'm glad hbo dropped her.

Not sure I liked any of them, maybe the ditzy 💫universe💫 personal trainer.

Presumably Rachel's cringy "omg this is where Chloe (Kardashian) was" and being bitchy to neff calling her out of shape was based on reality? She does seem rather basic.
I agree with you. Kacy was the only one I liked by the end. Rachel didn’t come across well at all, but it can’t be that far off reality? She had what she thought was a rich friend and got fucked over. But she lost me after she made her money back and then sold her story and still going ahead with the trial / selling to HBO.

the details around the card seem irrelevant to me? Because she gave it willingly and didn’t cancel at the airport.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I did enjoy this series, but I found the journalist quite irritating. Not only that, I couldn't see past the fact she was the girl in My Girl and just kept thinking "man I love that film, I'm gonna watch it soon😅". Also when Anna first came on screen me and my bf turned to each other and said "what the hell was that accent?!"

I think these types of stories are fascinating, but I struggled a few times with whether it was genuinely what happened or dramatized for the series.

Reactions: 4
She didn't just make back her money, amex refunded it all (presumably that bit of the show must have been true?).

I was with Anna rolling my eyes at Rachel's first performance in court. She lost me when she didn't cancel the cards. Was she still hoping Anna was legit and didn't want to loose the perks that came with her?

Reactions: 7
She didn't just make back her money, amex refunded it all (presumably that bit of the show must have been true?).

I was with Anna rolling my eyes at Rachel's first performance in court. She lost me when she didn't cancel the cards. Was she still hoping Anna was legit and didn't want to loose the perks that came with her?
It seems the jury felt the same - not initially, but at cross-examining - given that they didnt uphold the charge and the jury front woman shook her head when she said "not guilty", as if she wanted to make a statement.

Reactions: 1
I find it hard to fathom how the real Anna managed to convince people she was a stylish heiress, with her pudding face and bad hair. The outfits she wore in court were some of the least chic clothes I’ve ever seen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
There must be loads of entitled brats who have so much money they find paying for bills boring for her to have got away with it.

I'm not that bothered by the jet, kinda seems their own fault for not demanding payment. But if someone was around my house glugging my mineral water from the bottle *you in danger girl gif*

• Haha
‘In 2018, after an article by Jessica Pressler on Sorokin was published in New York, Netflix paid Sorokin $320,000 for the rights to her life story. However, the New York Attorney General's office sued Sorokin in 2019 using the state's Son of Sam law, which prohibits those convicted of a crime from profiting from its publicity and forced the majority of these funds to be used to pay restitution and fines per the judgment.’

Pasted from her Wikipedia page, which is fascinating. Her character annoyed the hell out of me on screen but the story on there is a good read with tons about her, the case, and what’s happening next. Also mentions she was put into solitary confinement over Christmas in prison as she was still causing trouble in there

Reactions: 5
the New York Attorney General's office sued Sorokin in 2019 using the state's Son of Sam law, which prohibits those convicted of a crime from profiting from its publicity and forced the majority of these funds to be used to pay restitution and fines per the judgment.
I wonder if she's paid off the debt she owes? 30k for the jet, 30k for Morocco and still over 200k left to pay off all the hotels. Or will it all be taken by the state to cover the prison and legal costs.

I wonder if she's paid off the debt she owes? 30k for the jet, 30k for Morocco and still over 200k left to pay off all the hotels. Or will it all be taken by the state to cover the prison and legal costs.
She was found not guilty for the Morocco thing so probably nothing to pay back there. Her Wikipedia page details some of the fees she had to pay back. I think she was left with 20-30k. I imagine she’s spent it all already 😂

Reactions: 3
@Hinchhater1442, she prob has blown it already. She spent 50k from some scam in one month on stuff like hair and lash extensions (not like you would think she spends a lot on her looks either when you look at her, is it) yet she couldn’t sort out herself a proper place to live even for a few months, instead of just checking in and out of hotels (or being kicked out 😅)

Such a paradox that she has the ability to do all these scams but isn’t able to hold onto or manage money at all.

Reactions: 5
Just finished watching this Rachel came across quite badly however she didn't have anything to do with the Netflix documentary. The journalist irritated me and I found the story diluted due to so much else 🙃

I'm ploughing through this series....the Anna story would have been interesting on its own without the annoying reporter woman, always complaining about being pregnant. I agree with @Chita that Jodie Comer would have been great as Anna.

Reactions: 6
Finished this last night. I think I hated all of them really. The actress playing the reporter was terrible, her face made me want to slap it with the over expressions.
( not that I condone violence)
Yes, the constant gurning and exaggerated expressions was so annoying!

Reactions: 3