Inventing Anna - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coming today (/tomorrow, depending on where you are in the world)!

I'm so excited for this one ...

1644540631367.png

Who's going to watch?

Reactions: 13
Ooh yes! Thank you, didn’t realise this was out! Will watch tonight 😀😀😀

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's quite good so far (I'm up to E2).

I'm also looking forward to the Elizabeth Holmes drama starring Emma Stone ... that can't be too far off.

Reactions: 6
Better than expected! Being a Shonda Rhimes production it has the feel of Scandal about it, given the familiar faces (Kate Burton hasn’t looked back after that Ellis Grey casting has she). Think I’ll enjoy watching this, I cannot stand all the dark/dystopian/suspense stuff out there, real life is tough enough ta.

• Heart
Good God I was SO frustrated watching this, especially the last episode. I don't think she should be revered. It's a fascinating story yes, but I don't at all think she deserves an ounce of praise. I don't care if she was swindling New Yorks elite, it's still morally wrong and people who "respect her hustle" are everything that's wrong with the world.

Rant over...great casting! The girl who played Anna, omg her accent irked me so much, my skin was crawling.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm really enjoying it! I love the casting and music.

I have about 20 minutes left of the last episode to watch, but ...

The bit with the fancy lawyer and the financier doing their due diligence came undone ... obviously, when they their investigator to research her background, etc., in Germany (as the bald guy said would happen), they found out it was all fibs, but that hasn't been explained (unless that's going to be covered in the last 20 minutes which I'll catch up on tomorrow) :unsure:

Also, why was she facing charges before she fled to LA (she had her lawyer lined up) ... who reported her at that time? :unsure:

I don't get why the Trainer was so upset with the VF writer about all her deals - Anna wasn't a real friend to anyone and certainly didn't deserve any loyalty! The VF lady was very lucky that Amex made it all go away.

Here are some links for anyone who's interested -

VF article written by Anna's former friend: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/04/my-misadventure-with-the-magician-of-manhattan
Anna's IG: https://www.instagram.com/theannadelvey/?hl=en
Her Court Looks IG: https://www.instagram.com/annadelveycourtlooks/?hl=en

Last edited:
I've not started it yet but Kendall Rae and Seeing Red have both recently done episodes on it so Im looking forward to find out more!

Reactions: 2
The actor playing her lawyer looks much better with facial hair, but I guess the budget went on the awful fake bangs for the actress playing his wife. They’ve both done better on Succession imo.

I was so excited for this, but It didn’t live up to the podcast.
but I suppose it’s two different perspectives

I enjoyed it though

I enjoyed it a lot but there's a few things i feel i wanted more information on maybe?
JuliaGarner was brilliant, if you google the real Anna she has a very mixed accent. Anna is very fascinating to me she has to be textbook sociopath?
I know theres always people who support convicts or become groupies for famous criminals but its mad to me how the journalist in it supported her so much after? I know they spent time together but what redeeming qualities did Anna have other than splashing (other people's) cash on people lol

Reactions: 11
I've finished it at long last!

I did enjoy it, but found "Vivian" a complete pain in the butt. She was so whiney and needy.

Off to watch "Rooney" on Amazon now.

Reactions: 8
Going to watch this on my days off this week, I've listened to a few podcasts and watched a few interviews about her and find her absolutely fascinating. Gives me Belle Gibson vibes.

• Heart
I'm trying with this but its a bit hard going. Not helped by everyone is just so awful, not sympathetic characters and its all superficial. Looked on imdb and see its 9 episodes, 9 hours seems a long time for this story

Reactions: 10
Going to watch this on my days off this week, I've listened to a few podcasts and watched a few interviews about her and find her absolutely fascinating. Gives me Belle Gibson vibes.
YES! The self-entitlement is definitely the same. I wonder if anyone is working on a drama about Belle? They should! Demi Harman would play her quite well.

I'm trying with this but its a bit hard going. Not helped by everyone is just so awful, not sympathetic characters and its all superficial. Looked on imdb and see its 9 episodes, 9 hours seems a long time for this story
I'm not going to lie ... at first I loved it, but it does drag on a bit. Each episodes is mainly dedicated to one of the players / characters so you need to watch them all to see where they all fit in. That said, there some that get mentioned once and never again, which is frustrating. It was a good show to catch up all my ironing and paperwork sorting, to.

Reactions: 9
Good God I was SO frustrated watching this, especially the last episode. I don't think she should be revered. It's a fascinating story yes, but I don't at all think she deserves an ounce of praise. I don't care if she was swindling New Yorks elite, it's still morally wrong and people who "respect her hustle" are everything that's wrong with the world.

Rant over...great casting! The girl who played Anna, omg her accent irked me so much, my skin was crawling.
THIS 👆
I came here wondering if anybody else felt the same. this show is problematic on so many levels, especially the ending. when I saw all these older journalists cheering when Vivian informed them that Anna was found not guilty of the first charge I was just "what... da... fuq..." 😖
I feel like they treally tried to made Sorokin into some folk hero, and sell the story as "well, she's such a charming kid, maybe she did misbehave, but she doesn't deserve to be punished". It's almost like it was a PR exercise sponsored by Sorokin herself.
The worst thing they did was the part on Rachel. I read both the NY Mag and Vanity Fair stories back when they came out, and she seemed like a sweet, shy and a bit naive girl (which is NOT a crime). she was swindled by Sorokin and left with huge charges on her credit card. the show seems to put the blame on her, and accentuates that she got money from the VF article and a book she wrote about Sorokin. Like, how else was she supposed to get her money back??
If anybody has any doubts about Sorokin, go and watch an interview 60 minutes Australia did with her: How con-artist Anna Sorokin ripped off the New York elite and became a star | 60 Minutes Australia - YouTube
She has such heavy sociopathic traits, total lack of remorse or any semblance of conscience. it's truely stunning. and she is clearly delusional, saying at one point "it's nobody's business how much money I have". Like... girl, the whole world know your sad a$$ is flat broke, do you even believe your own lies???

Just started last night, on episode 3. The actress playing Anna’s accent isn’t that great but then again I don’t know the real Anna sounds 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m enjoying it so far though.

Just started last night, on episode 3. The actress playing Anna’s accent isn’t that great but then again I don’t know the real Anna sounds 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m enjoying it so far though.
Folllwing Annas story from when it broke. Annas accent is over all the place.

I enjoyed the show but I wish they had focused MORE on Anna than the dumb ass reporter.

Call me a witch but I don't sympathise with anyone. The glitterati and banks of NYC being scammed. Boohoo.