Inventing Anna - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i took the wine scene as a ''i have so much money i can afford to waste this wine'' kinda thing

Reactions: 7
maybe she imagined it, but there was meaning to it, showing us how anna saw her father and what shaped her. that's how i saw it

Reactions: 3
maybe she imagined it, but there was meaning to it, showing us how anna saw her father and what shaped her. that's how i saw it
I took it as Vivian desperate to find a reason as to why Anna was the way she was. She grew to care for her and I wanted to find someone to blame like her parents. Anyway I felt sorry for Rachel. Couldn't give a toss about the rich banker wankers she ripped off

Reactions: 9
I took it as Vivian desperate to find a reason as to why Anna was the way she was. She grew to care for her and I wanted to find someone to blame like her parents. Anyway I felt sorry for Rachel. Couldn't give a toss about the rich banker wankers she ripped off
very good point!

Reactions: 1
I can't understand why Rachel didn't cancel her cards while on the way to the airport?

Some of the things Anna did were so smart and others so stupid that it was only a matter of time before they caught up with her. If she'd have tapped people for the cash to invest the club might have worked - enough people are gagging to hand over £1500 for a member's club and overpay once in there so maybe charging 15k for a super private club would be profitable?

I struggle with what was real and what was dramatised for the show. Although I assumed the coke and wine was Vivian imagining it.

Like most of Netflix stuff it was too long and drawn out.

Reactions: 10
I can't understand why Rachel didn't cancel her cards while on the way to the airport?

I struggle with what was real and what was dramatised for the show. Although I assumed the coke and wine was Vivian imagining it.
These are the two things that have kept me up at night.

Also why Alan didn’t wait for the documents before proceeding and only going on the (faked) phone call. Or did he get faked documents too and Netflix didn’t show this? I wish the producers had been clearer here.

Anna has gone from 150k followers to 433k in a few days. She must be able to monitise that and live a very good life, not quite a VIP life though.

Reactions: 5
The real life Neff is driving me mad on Instagram. I thought they portrayed her in the show very badly i.e loyal to a fault. But she seems to be really happy with how she came across and is shading people left and right who dare critique how Anna acted. I can’t believe she’s still friends with her!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The real life Neff is driving me mad on Instagram. I thought they portrayed her in the show very badly i.e loyal to a fault. But she seems to be really happy with how she came across and is shading people left and right who dare critique how Anna acted. I can’t believe she’s still friends with her!
Probably because she got her money back!

Reactions: 4
I felt the same as some others. This could’ve been done in half the time.
Read afterwards that Anna is still being held in an immigration centre because of her visa issues. She’s trying to say she didn’t do anything wrong to not have it renewed 🤣 She’s got front that’s for sure.

She's got a book and merch comming out. Like jack monroe she created a play on words daily mail thing. Never a good sign to be compared to Jack

Screenshot_20220221-083609_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Who would win? 🤔

I didn’t make it to the end of Anna btw, for me as awful as Simon is. I found that show more watchable.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
ah, Neff... easily the dumbest and most annoying character on this show. I read the Vanity Fair interview with the real Neff and she is exactly like that in real life. apparently still believes Anna is a millionaire and is back to being her paid witch

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I agree with Anna saying Rachel has "very flexible moral standards" and "shamelessly exploited her connection". I'm glad hbo dropped her.

Not sure I liked any of them, maybe the ditzy 💫universe💫 personal trainer.

Presumably Rachel's cringy "omg this is where Chloe (Kardashian) was" and being bitchy to neff calling her out of shape was based on reality? She does seem rather basic.

Reactions: 6