Inthefrow #8 Not in any front row, fashion career is over. Lies about having a Range Rover

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vic’s opinions on American politics are one dimensional and are usually derived from some Caroline Hirons rant. I don’t think she follows US politics in any depth and certainly doesn’t come over as particularly informed or nuanced in anything she says. I’ve no idea why she chooses to spout opinions on US politics. It actually makes me cringe when I see her do it because it’s clearly about just getting clout. If she was genuinely interested in politics then there’s a lot going on the U.K. she could opine on. Has she said a peep about free school meals and Marcus Rashford at all? No but maybe thats not cool enough for her to talk about.
The UK press coverage of US politics is also generally rubbish. Our most popular newspapers are the Sun and Daily Mail - you don’t get forensic journalism in either, just sensational ‘look what’s happened now’.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
“ LOOK AT EVERYTHING IM GOING TO BUY EVERY MONTH WITH ALL MY MONEY “ ... bleeping hell Vic don’t mind the rest of us peasants over here struggling to even eat! Jeez!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh wow guys let’s move on from this argument please. We come on here to unwind and laugh after our very stressful days, no need to bring this in here - focus your negative energy onto Vic 😂

Speaking of which: why is she always crying?! Weirdo!
C0095770-597F-4D98-95F8-A2D56BFEBF7A.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Did she try to be funny?! How is Barack’s suit and dress coat a power outfit? It’s what every man attending was wearing.

339C8C93-8DE6-4869-9F2F-594DEDE389FF.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She posts about American politics so that she can feel superior to other influencers who dont talk politics and describe herself as 'realy into politics and outspoken' but without any actual risk attached because she's not talking about UK politics so she's not going to piss off Tory owned brands/sponsors etc and risk losing the tit deals she has. I see you Vic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
What did Victoria's parents do for a living? What's wrong with coming from a middle class background, is she disappointed her parents weren't members of the aristocracy? I don't get why she and Lydia are so ashamed of their backgrounds, no one gets to choose theirs.
I'll try my best on explaining things. Please bear with me. I used to work on a digital fashion magazine, then I resigned. I now work on our family business.

For example, Chiara Ferragni came from a wealthy family. Her mother is an author, her dad is an entrepreneur. Same goes to Leonie Hanne. Caroline Daur comes from a political family in Hamburg. Camila Coelho, Evangeline Smyrniotaki came from well-off families.

So, naturally, brands especially luxury ones will find people who can cater to the audience of their brand. Of course, not all of them would want a chav from a small town in Manchester, as it doesn't translate well into their clients.

Of course, they are influencers out there that don't share the same well off background but can speak well for the target audience of the brand. They exude glamour, grace and class; three things Victoria doesn't have.

In fashion houses, Haute Couture week is the most important, since it speaks to the 1% of the world, for the women who can spend more than enough money for a dress or two. These dresses can sustain all workshops at once, and need not rely on the ready to wear, accessories and the things you see in their boutiques.

These brands try to cater all women, if Haute Couture is for the very wealthy, then the boutiques speaks for the women who can certainly spend money. These are career women, who sees luxury as it is: a splurge, a testament to hard work. These women know that these bags are collectibles, and would love to collect these.

And, last but is the least: beauty. These brands see the beauty department as a way to do cater to women of lesser economic standing. Makeup and perfumes are used to entice these women into spending $$ on a lipstick/foundation/eyeshadows to feel good about themselves.

As cruel as it sounds, brands will want to capitalize on this inner desire of these women to belong in the hierarchy of women.

Brands see Victoria as an influencer that caters to the audience of beauty, as she can only reach women who can only buy a lipstick or two during paycheck.

Victoria doesn't cater to the working woman. Sophie Shohet is the classic YT example of the working woman than brands try to connect to. The women of the 1% would likely be horrified if Victoria will be decked out in Haute Couture, as she doesn't represent wealth, grace, power.

Victoria only gets beauty ads now because that's all she can promote on her socials. Her jewelry line flopped. Her Holland Cooper photoshoot was tarnished by Lydia's ego. She stopped getting invites from brands since she left Gleam. She cannot afford to travel unless it's free. She married a man who wishes to bring her down and to obey his every whim.

She's NOW nothing. I really wish I could be sorry for her. Her disdain of her childhood, her family's socioeconomic standing is what makes her ungrateful. Her greed and intense desire to be on the same level as other influencers and to give a big F**K you to those peers she believes that wronged her before made her a shell of her former self.

She will never be contented, as looks at others with eternal envy, because her childhood and socioeconomic background serves as the main hindrance on why she can never make it far. She is envious of her friends who took holidays in different locales during school breaks. She is envious of people who have summer homes, villas and had access to what was on trend that time. She is ashamed of her parents, her family and lack of connections.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
She's NOW nothing. I really wish I could be sorry for her. Her disdain of her childhood, her family's socioeconomic standing is what makes her ungrateful. Her greed and intense desire to be on the same level as other influencers and to give a big F**K you to those peers she believes that wronged her before made her a shell of her former self.
This post is so spot on. For me personally, she reeks of desperation to be accepted and she very much encapsulates the whole nouveau-riche persona. The likes of Carodaur, Leonie and Chiara, have a very cool, calm and collected appearance and they always appear to me to be grateful for their opportunities, however I wouldn't picture them bending over backwards for luxury brands (I mean Victoria once cried over a set of Dior plates...)

It's actually ironic because when she started out her "career" in this world, she seemed a bit more chill and easy going, which is probably how she got her foot in the door with some of the luxury brands. She really sold herself out now and all her content comes across as manic and forced...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
This post is so spot on. For me personally, she reeks of desperation to be accepted and she very much encapsulates the whole nouveau-riche persona. The likes of Carodaur, Leonie and Chiara, have a very cool, calm and collected appearance and they always appear to me to be grateful for their opportunities, however I wouldn't picture them bending over backwards for luxury brands (I mean Victoria once cried over a set of Dior plates...)

It's actually ironic because when she started out her "career" in this world, she seemed a bit more chill and easy going, which is probably how she got her foot in the door with some of the luxury brands. She really sold herself out now and all her content comes across as manic and forced...
Thank you! For me, I really don't care if a woman creates a way to be a step higher on the hierarchy of society. She has earned her way there, and that will be always worthy of praise. If she wants to flaunt her riches, then go, buy a car, buy a villa. Spend your money!

She did the hustle, from a small town to the big city. It was when she realized she can get more from everyone else, she started to be a piece of tit. She still expects all of us to fawn over her, and give her endless praise. She now realizes that those validations from her audience never translated to sales, money. She never thought that she'll be doing this. Begging, selling link after link, unboxing gifts (which are scraps from PR) was something she never expected.

COVID-19 made her go back to Earth, make a wake-up call to her. She's nothing without someone paying for her and her roommate.

I bet she's trying to pay for the house, with little money coming through, I won't be surprised they move out of it within the next year.

Reactions: 13
£750 for a Gucci cardi, she can duck right off 😠

View attachment 394679
Plus £490 for the leggings (!!) £650 for the tacky chain and £665 for the bra and pants. She is actually gross. I used to love her Asos hauls but she is so unrelatable now

Edit: I'm actually sickened. That's my entire month's salary on one outfit! And I forgot to price the shoes. 😡🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She posts about American politics so that she can feel superior to other influencers who dont talk politics and describe herself as 'realy into politics and outspoken' but without any actual risk attached because she's not talking about UK politics so she's not going to piss off Tory owned brands/sponsors etc and risk losing the tit deals she has. I see you Vic.
Spot on. It's easy to witch about American politics with no repercussions. If she takes a stance either way in the UK, that might put brands off who want to stay neutral. Personally, I'd ignore that and use my platform to shout about politics and social reform if I was as big an influencer as her, but she's looking after those £££ signs. I imagine she is personally following UK politics too and I'm sure has views and votes. But we'll never hear details.

Plus £490 for the leggings (!!) £650 for the tacky chain and £665 for the bra and pants. She is actually gross. I used to love her Asos hauls but she is so unrelatable now

Edit: I'm actually sickened. That's my entire month's salary on one outfit! And I forgot to price the shoes. 😡🤢
It seems somewhat tone deaf given the current situation.

a set of Dior plates
I know what you mean but not everyone is familiar with it. So I feel I should elaborate that the set consisted of three (3) plates of the size you serve cake on.
And she was at the first glance pretty underwhelmed until Alex made clear they are from Dior.

• Haha
Im sorry “forget the Gucci cardigan”?! She’s so out of touch with reality.

I know she’s being sarcastic but I can’t help but think don’t buy the bloody cardigan then and give the hundreds to charity? Ugh

Reactions: 9
That Gucci cardigan is not that bad, considering all the other tacky AF designs they put out this year. Include that tonedeafness, and her one sided American political opinions are the main reasons why she is a mega-failure.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Abso-bleeping-lutely.

I find it so bizarre when UK influencers pretend they give a tit about US/Global politics when they absolutely never mention anything UK based/Brexit, etc. It’s so clear it’s because they don’t want to annoy UK companies that might want to send them freebies which is just bleeping pathetic tbf.

Also, (I’m going to be mean here cos she pisses me off pretending she’s casually buying bleeping Gucci cardigans 🤣) it’s an absolute stretch even describing her as middle class. She grew up in Wigan, working class background, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that but she seems to like to wipe out any memory of where she came from, which for me would be an important part of appreciating where I’ve got to today, but she just seems to have crossed a line in the last couple of years into bratty entitled cow.

Reactions: 17
What's with the latest video thumbnail...the boobs shot, the mega weird grey eyebrows...she looks a bit dazed these days.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.